Jimmy Page to appear on The Tonight Show on Monday May 12th

jnm244

I heard the interview was orginally 30 minutes long. It was drastically cut down to 4! There are 2 screencaps on facebook of him holding the third album. Why did they do that to Jimmy when he was willing to talk?!! I hope the rest will surface! I don't think he will want to return once he finds out how it was cut. :(

Cutting things is super common in TV, no biggie! I would love to see the rest, but it is not a disrespect to him, just how the industry works.

I bet Jimmy Fallon was thrilled to have him, and these kinds of things are always just "fluff." You are never going to get hard hitting questions, it was just super cool seeing him on TV

Cutting things is super common in TV, no biggie! I would love to see the rest, but it is not a disrespect to him, just how the industry works.

I bet Jimmy Fallon was thrilled to have him, and these kinds of things are always just "fluff." You are never going to get hard hitting questions, it was just super cool seeing him on TV

That may be so, but he may also think he wasted his time. His personal appearences on American television are already so rare.

Loved seeing the boxes...they are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Fallon may not have been able to convince Jimmy to perform on the show, but he knew Jimmy couldn't resist playing air guitar to Link Wray's Rumble in the intro! :)

I loved that and was quite cool, when he walked on their. Probably a tribute to him for "It Might Get Loud", with that scene playing his lps at home, when he puts this great one on!

Here is the short clip.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/6426

As mentioned previously here, it was definitely nice seeing those boxes sitting there on the desk. I pre-ordered all three super deluxe edition box sets when they were announced.

Seriously can't wait!

They will look even better, sitting on my own coffee table in less than two weeks time! :hurrah:

That may be so, but he may also think he wasted his time. His personal appearences on American television are already so rare.

For someone who cares deeply about the business aspect of his art, considering four minutes of free advertisment on a legendary US program with a massive reach hosted by a known music lover/promoter with a phenomenal house band, as a waste of time, is highly unlikely.

But you have picked up on something in that this PR opportunity was managed oddly - the final output was poorly edited and excessively brief for his stature as well as lightly promoted before and after - even by ?uestlove.

Something felt off…

For someone who cares deeply about the business aspect of his art, considering four minutes of free advertisment on a legendary US program with a massive reach hosted by a known music lover/promoter with a phenomenal house band, as a waste of time, is highly unlikely.

But you have picked up on something in that this PR opportunity was managed oddly - the final output was poorly edited and excessively brief for his stature as well as lightly promoted before and after - even by ?uestlove.

Something felt off…

I think Jimmy's appearance was done something like last minute, so this may have something to do with it. Don't know much about it, but hopefully, someone here does!

Page seemed to enjoy being there and he just wanted to get the word out about the box sets, I'm surprised he didn't open one of them up to show what was in one of the boxes - which he did when Nick Mason came on to promote the Pink Floyd box sets.

Jimmy could EASILY make money doing listening parties and Q&As.

Jimmy could EASILY make money doing listening parties and Q&As.

No question. Imagine "An intimate evening with Jimmy Page" with him talking and playing - a little bit "it might get loud" style, to a very few, select audience. A large interactive session obviously. Maybe with JPJ as well. That there? Well what wouldn't you pay?

I heard the interview was orginally 30 minutes long. It was drastically cut down to 4! There are 2 screencaps on facebook of him holding the third album. Why did they do that to Jimmy when he was willing to talk?!! I hope the rest will surface! I don't think he will want to return once he finds out how it was cut. :(

If you're NBC, why not post the whole thing online? It's a great idea, Jon Stewart does it all the time.

If you're NBC, why not post the whole thing online? It's a great idea, Jon Stewart does it all the time.

I assure you that I am not, but 2 screencaps were shared by the admin of a group I am in about Jimmy on facebook. I do not know if her source has access to the entire interview. Not only did he talk about the remasters, but he also talked about Berklee from what I heard.

For what it's worth, I just sent this message to NBC.

"Thank you for the great segment featuring Jimmy Page on the Tonight Show. It is my understanding that the taped interview was much longer but was understandably edited for broadcast. As you are likely aware, Led Zeppelin continues to have a rabid fan base that obsessively seeks out all information and promotional material regarding the band. Speaking on behalf of that community, we would be greatly appreciative of any opportunity to see Jimmy Fallon's unedited segment with Page if at all possible. Thank you for your consideration and any assistance that you might be able to offer."

Never hurts to ask.

For what it's worth, I just sent this message to NBC.

"Thank you for the great segment featuring Jimmy Page on the Tonight Show. It is my understanding that the taped interview was much longer but was understandably edited for broadcast. As you are likely aware, Led Zeppelin continues to have a rabid fan base that obsessively seeks out all information and promotional material regarding the band. Speaking on behalf of that community, we would be greatly appreciative of any opportunity to see Jimmy Fallon's unedited segment with Page if at all possible. Thank you for your consideration and any assistance that you might be able to offer."

Never hurts to ask.

Thank you for sharing this, LordStanley, I think I am going to do the same. I know that others are complaining to them about Jimmy not having enough air time. Everyone who knows is very upset.

No point in acting all upset or complaining, in my opinion. I'm sure that most interviews are heavily edited out of necessity.

NBC might be willing and able to oblige a courteous request though.

Jimmy Fallon is very active on Twitter. Maybe a few tweets sent his way would help as well.

No point in acting all upset or complaining, in my opinion. I'm sure that most interviews are heavily edited out of necessity.

NBC might be willing and able to oblige a courteous request though.

Jimmy Fallon is very active on Twitter. Maybe a few tweets sent his way would help as well.

Perhaps if they have enough requests, they may allow it to be released on line, but if its on the cutting room floor, we never will see it. I understand about it being edited as he was not the only guest.

Do they still have cutting room floors? Just wondering.

I don't know. I don't want to get my hopes up. I just sent a little note myself. :)

"To whom it may concern,

It is my understanding that over half of Jimmy Page's orginal interview was cut to fit it into the program. There are pictures surfacing that were not included in the offical interview that was shown on the air. As you are aware the first 3 Led Zeppelin remastered albums will be released in about 2 weeks and Jimmy Page has been using his precious time recently promoting them. There are Zeppelin fans all over the world who would love to see the entire interview if it exists. Thank you for your time."

Thanks for posting the interview because I missed it! Jimmy Page looked like he was having fun! The box sets are beautiful! It was a nice four minute interview but too damn short. Freaking NBC. I think that was kind of insulting to clip 25 minutes out of Jimmy's interview! It's unfortunate and obvious that not everyone (NBC producers) gets rock & roll music and how important Led Zeppelin's music is to all of us. :( :( :(

Thanks for posting the interview because I missed it! Jimmy Page looked like he was having fun! The box sets are beautiful! It was a nice four minute interview but too damn short. Freaking NBC. I think that was kind of insulting to clip 25 minutes out of Jimmy's interview! It's unfortunate and obvious that not everyone (NBC producers) gets rock & roll music and how important Led Zeppelin's music is to all of us. :( :( :(

:gimmefive:

I assure you that I am not, but 2 screencaps were shared by the admin of a group I am in about Jimmy on facebook. I do not know if her source has access to the entire interview. Not only did he talk about the remasters, but he also talked about Berklee from what I heard.

Was not addressing you personally, was addressing NBC hypothetically.. ;-)

Archived