Jimmy Page to appear on The Tonight Show on Monday May 12th

jnm244

For what it's worth, I just sent this message to NBC.

"Thank you for the great segment featuring Jimmy Page on the Tonight Show. It is my understanding that the taped interview was much longer but was understandably edited for broadcast. As you are likely aware, Led Zeppelin continues to have a rabid fan base that obsessively seeks out all information and promotional material regarding the band. Speaking on behalf of that community, we would be greatly appreciative of any opportunity to see Jimmy Fallon's unedited segment with Page if at all possible. Thank you for your consideration and any assistance that you might be able to offer."

Never hurts to ask.

Never hurts to ask...and most major broadcasters, who all have website/social media presence now, will pick up audience views and can act on them without too much trouble. So good luck!

But look. That show did seem pretty good humoured and many of us might enjoy watching the outtakes. But it is what it is: it's the Jimmy Fallon show, it's a star vehicle and the star is called Fallon not Page. The bits they keep are where JP talks about how he catches up on his Jimmy Fallon viewing ( a surprising and unexpected insight into the homelife of Mr Page) and where JF enthuses about the box sets. And not much else.

I'm sure that Jimmy and Warners know how valuable those few facile minutes are. Jimmy Fallon - perhaps along with the early BBC News stuff with Jimmy and Robert - amounts to the biggest promotion of this for a mainstream audience. Worth doing, however much it's edited.

I've lost count of how many interviews Jimmy has given. It's a tour de force which rather shames the other two, but is a credit to him. And across them all, he's been probed about the project, his thinking, his views on the past/present/future .. we've had a lot from these. But let's not forget: they're ALL edited. Jimmy has spoken many more words in the course of this than will ever be published or broadcast. It's just that Jimmy Fallon's people have cut more than anyone else !

Never hurts to ask...and most major broadcasters, who all have website/social media presence now, will pick up audience views and can act on them without too much trouble. So good luck!

But look. That show did seem pretty good humoured and many of us might enjoy watching the outtakes. But it is what it is: it's the Jimmy Fallon show, it's a star vehicle and the star is called Fallon not Page. The bits they keep are where JP talks about how he catches up on his Jimmy Fallon viewing ( a surprising and unexpected insight into the homelife of Mr Page) and where JF enthuses about the box sets. And not much else.

I'm sure that Jimmy and Warners know how valuable those few facile minutes are. Jimmy Fallon - perhaps along with the early BBC News stuff with Jimmy and Robert - amounts to the biggest promotion of this for a mainstream audience. Worth doing, however much it's edited.

I've lost count of how many interviews Jimmy has given. It's a tour de force which rather shames the other two, but is a credit to him. And across them all, he's been probed about the project, his thinking, his views on the past/present/future .. we've had a lot from these. But let's not forget: they're ALL edited. Jimmy has spoken many more words in the course of this than will ever be published or broadcast. It's just that Jimmy Fallon's people have cut more than anyone else !

Well said overall TAB. I too would like to see the complete Jimmy Fallon interview as well. We can only hope. JP has done quite a bit of promotion and press with this over the last month or so. He must be worn out between the actual interviews and all the traveling!

Archived