Jimmy Page's photographic autobiography to be re-released October 2014

Cookie0024

It's here! It's frickin' huge and weighs more than my new neice. I love it.

As someone who mostly reads on Kindle nowadays, I'd almost forgotten the pleasure of proper new books. Mmm, new book smell....

It's a beautiful thing, really good quality. Lots of great pics I'd never seen before. (And lots of info on photos I had but didn't really know when / where they were etc.). The captions aren't anything world-shaking - I mean, he doesn't go into anything very personal or say anything too controversial or anything, but I hadn't expected that. (Chief unexpected revelation: Andy Warhol asked Jimmy to do a screen test at The Factory. I'm assuming he never did it or considered doing it, but he doesn't say).

Awesome!

You don't regret paying so much now that it's available in a much cheaper format? I was wondering if some of the people with the original might feel a bit ripped off, if they thought they were getting something that they would never be able to see or read any other way and now anyone can have it... I wonder if that was the plan all along or if they just decided to re-release it after the original became their fastest-ever seller and so on. I'm very happy about the reissue; I always thought it was a bit rough on the devoted fans to put out something that most of them would never be able to have.

I doubt that they feel ripped off. Come on this about Jimmy.

I doubt that they feel ripped off. Come on this about Jimmy.

On that note. I agree I know they need to make money to live and what a great way to do it. Write of your like and include pictures that all his faithful fan will drool over. I live not to far from LA but I can not afford to go see Jimmy. I would have even taken my children to see this great man. Untouchable is that event to me.

That was fuckin brilliant, top interview, funny! We all were asked to submit questions for JP, mine was chosen as the last one of the eve and I got more than a satisfactory answer! Made up! My second encounter, I took pics with a proper camera so I'll put some up soon

Thanks for these photos.

Well, I figured out why the stamping: People paid big money for the limited edition, signed versions, so it wouldn't be fair to those people for Jimmy to autograph these less expensive versions.

That was fuckin brilliant, top interview, funny! We all were asked to submit questions for JP, mine was chosen as the last one of the eve and I got more than a satisfactory answer! Made up! My second encounter, I took pics with a proper camera so I'll put some up soon

What was your question, and what was his answer?

Great pics, wow!!!

Archived