Jimmy Page says "It's time to play live again"

Wolfman

I wouldn't get too excited until Jimmy actually has new music to take out on the road and announces tour dates. If he does it, I hope it's in smaller venues like the size Robert does in the 3K-7K size!

Interestingly enough Jimmy's fed up with Plant's Led Zeppelin reunion games!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/17/arts/music/jimmy-page-talks-about-his-old-band-its-legacy-and-himself.html?_r=0

Clearly Jimmy is annoyed by all of the critics who have pointed the finger at him since 2007. Jimmy had been working on NEW MUSIC, as was John Paul Jones and Jason, the 3 of them were working TOGETHER. It's on the record. It was Robert who walked out immediately after the O2 gig not even letting his guests back stage know that he was not going to sit around and chat with any of them - he basically put on a change of clothes, and walked out. Robert created this perception that Jimmy and John Paul were stuck in the past not prepared to create new music...

Robert bloody well knows that Jimmy, Jones, and Jason were prepared to create NEW music, promote NEW music, and tour NEW music.

I really can't see a Zeppelin album without that distinctive drum sound. It would just sound weird to me. I can see them playing some shows here and there and play maybe some the songs that they didn't get to play when they initially where around, but anyways I don't blame him for being fed up. He wasn't he objector. I'm interested on what musicians decide to join his band when it comes to that point.

Clearly Jimmy is annoyed by all of the critics who have pointed the finger at him since 2007. Jimmy had been working on NEW MUSIC, as was John Paul Jones and Jason, the 3 of them were working TOGETHER. It's on the record. It was Robert who walked out immediately after the O2 gig not even letting his guests back stage know that he was not going to sit around and chat with any of them - he basically put on a change of clothes, and walked out. Robert created this perception that Jimmy and John Paul were stuck in the past not prepared to create new music...Robert bloody well knows that Jimmy, Jones, and Jason were prepared to create NEW music, promote NEW music, and tour NEW music.

That's rich coming from Robert, having the perception that JPJ of all people is stuck in the past - in the past year alone he's performed with Seasick Steve and Dave Rawlings Machine, and has put out new material as one half of the Minibus Pimps. That's not even including the opera he's writing. Robert on the other hand while he might put out new material a good 50% of his setlist is comprised of LZ classics. He shouldn't bite the hand the fed, feeds, and will continue to feed him.

That's rich coming from Robert, having the perception that JPJ of all people is stuck in the past - in the past year alone he's performed with Seasick Steve and Dave Rawlings Machine, and has put out new material as one half of the Minibus Pimps. That's not even including the opera he's writing. Robert on the other hand while he might put out new material a good 50% of his setlist is comprised of LZ classics. He shouldn't bite the hand the fed, feeds, and will continue to feed him.

I love how we keep driving it home that RP fills his sets regardless of the band with Zeppelin regardless of how they are reworked (which in the case of BD i feel JPJ may have wanted them to stop playing HIS riff) & i completely agree... why try to distance yourself and at the same time not... but the more i keep thinking about reunions and the more I read about RP and Bonzos relationship ... the more I think about how hard that emotional toll would be... from the stance of an outsider the thought is easy but walk a mile in a man's shoes and the outlook may be diferent... but I will stand by the point that RP himself fueled the reunion talk with the "Capricorn" statement and so shouldn't be so shocked or annoyed about having to say "no" when asked about it

Robert was kidding ... It was obvious he was kidding. He's always been adamant that he won't be involved in a major Led Zeppelin reunion and has stuck to his guns.. Jimmy doesn't like to be strung along and he doesn't like it for the fans ... But If he saw the interview he would know ... better than any of us, Robert was kidding.,

I don't really like the way Jimmy tries to blame all of the copyright issues on the lyrics either... on Robert..

A lot of the accusations are due to the music... Page's music.. There are no lyrics in Black Mountain Side and that gets singled out a lot.

That being said, I love that Jimmy puts so much into the Zeppelin legacy.... Just that he put 3 YEARS into this remastering project is pretty amazing. I'm also thrilled he has been really talking up a new project. I can't wait for new material and shows from him..

Robert was kidding ... It was obvious he was kidding. He's always been adamant that he won't be involved in a major Led Zeppelin reunion and has stuck to his guns.. Jimmy doesn't like to be strung along and he doesn't like it for the fans ... But If he saw the interview he would know ... better than any of us, Robert was kidding.,

I don't really like the way Jimmy tries to blame all of the copyright issues on the lyrics either... on Robert..

A lot of the accusations are due to the music... Page's music.. There are no lyrics in Black Mountain Side and that gets singled out a lot.

That being said, I love that Jimmy puts so much into the Zeppelin legacy.... Just that he put 3 YEARS into this remastering project is pretty amazing. I'm also thrilled he has been really talking up a new project. I can't wait for new material and shows from him..

I like how you always present your opinions fairly and objectively. I suppose that I would say this in defense of Jimmy: Robert has always been consistent in his actions regarding a reformation of Zeppelin, and there is no argument about that, but he does mince his words at times, and in conversations that we have not been privy too, it has been suggested that he has never closed the door fully with Jimmy, and left matters open to speculation and interpretation. As I have said before, Jimmy is the proud father of all things Zeppelin, and he is fully invested in the band and its legacy. People like that hang on any thread of hope that they may perceive, and I feel bad for Jimmy if he has i) misunderstood, or ii) been misled about Robert's future intentions. It must kill Jimmy to know that the clock reads half past eleven, and his greatest ambition remains unfulfilled.

Archived