jim6225

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

Closing arguments have ended and the jury is about to receive instructions from the judge....

It would be nice if the closing instructions were "don't waste your time deliberating on this joke of a trial. Go home."

2 minutes ago, Balthazor said:

It would be nice if the closing instructions were "don't waste your time deliberating on this joke of a trial. Go home."

So true!  What a waste of time and tax payer's money...

33 minutes ago, Walter said:

Earlier...

More proof that these people are clueless and desperate. Fresh Garbage has nothing to do with this lawsuit! It is not the song at issue and pointless to bring it up.

12 minutes ago, Balthazor said:

While I personally enjoy it, I wish Zeppelin's lawyer wouldn't make comments like these. I'd prefer him to remain professional so that Malofiy looks like the only jerk in the courtroom.

That was my first reaction, too. Go after Malofiy and Skidmore but there is no need to belittle Spirit. You have the facts on your side, take the high road.

Many of us are both Led Zeppelin and Spirit fans. I would meet lots of fans of Spirit and they would have Led Zeppelin albums, too...and vice versa.

That's the sad thing about this lawsuit...it has torn asunder what used to be a friendly co-existence and pitted fans of both bands against each other unnecessarily.

Edited by Strider

13 minutes ago, TheGreatOne said:

I remember 1984 era very clearly and never never never heard of I Got a Line on You song.   Prince, Michael Jackson and Boy George probably stole their spotlight

Maybe that's because "I Got a Line on You" is from their 1969 LP "The Family That Plays Together Stays Together"  Take a listen it's a great album. 

There is also a "Spirit" original line up reunion album from the mid 1980's the name of which escapes me at the moment that has re-recorded versions of  their more well known  songs.

Edited by JTM

1 minute ago, JTM said:

There is also a "Spirit" original line up album from the mid 1980's the name of which escapes me at the moment that has re-recorded versions of  their more well known  songs.

So I'm guessing there's not a lot of songs on that CD. :)

Summing up the case pre-deliberations by the jury, seems the judge just killed the plaintiff's whole case.

"In a significant boost to Zeppelin, Klausner [the judge] instructed jurors before they began deliberations that the string of chords in question was an example of a common musical device that cannot be copyrighted."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-led-zeppelin-copyright-20160622-snap-story.html

2 minutes ago, JTM said:

Maybe that's because "I Got a Line on You" is from their 1969 LP "The Family That Plays Together Stays Together"  Take a listen it's a great album. 

There is also a "Spirit" original line up reunion album from the mid 1980's the name of which escapes me at the moment that has re-recorded versions of  their more well known  songs.

Yea your right, some reason Youtube said official video and 1984 and not same song or much different

Don't mean to sound crass, ( i believe Zep will totally prevail), but just wondering either way if Jimmy or Robert will

comment much on the outcome.. I think very likely one -two word answers, if at all. Interesting about the reunion Spirit

album, maybe on "Taurus" they decided to play the intro exactly the. Zep way. What then ??

58 minutes ago, Walter said:

I just saw a preview of NBC Nightly News is going to run a story on the trial during their 6:30 - eastern time - news telecast.  

That turned out to be not even worth turning the TV on for. I'd say it was a waste of time, but given that the story was all of 30 seconds it wouldn't be much of a complaint.

58 minutes ago, Walter said:

I just saw a preview of NBC Nightly News is going to run a story on the trial during their 6:30 - eastern time - news telecast.  

Don't know if anyone else in the Easter half of the U.S. saw it, but our girl, Pamela Chelin, was in the clip.  I would think that the fact it is going overnight with deliberations, it might not be as "cut and dry" as we want it to be...

18 minutes ago, Walter said:

Don't know if anyone else in the Easter half of the U.S. saw it, but our girl, Pamela Chelin, was in the clip.  I would think that the fact it is going overnight with deliberations, it might not be as "cut and dry" as we want it to be.

Well, it's 4:30 pm in LA - time for the court to close and the jury to start thinking about what they're going to eat for dinner.  Having sat through all of this, I doubt any of them will want to decide anything before getting their last supper.  Eat first decide later, get home in time to catch most of the Dodgers game.

Court is over and the jury is still deliberating?   I have mixed feelings of that being  good and
bad for Zeppelin.  The bad:  What is there to deliberate?  Malofiy and his witnesses did not
prove that the members of Led Zeppelin had access to Taurus and Judge Klausner told  them
that the chords in question are not owned by anybody.  This is like saying tomatoes are
owned  by Heinz  and if Hunt's dare to use them then they are 'stealing' from Heinz.   The
good:  Hopefully the jury are  taking their time and dotting all the i's and crossing the t's ,
making sure there are no loop holes for the plaintiff to bite back on,  and Judge Klausner can go
ahead and say the court agrees with this decision -  Zep winning that is.   What are other 
people's thoughts on a jury deliberating quickly versus slowly?

**********************************************************************************

Somebody asked what will Robert and Jimmy say in future interviews?  Well if they win I
expect them to be quite colourful about it followed up with the middle finger.  If they lose
Robert will treat Stairway like he did in the 80/90s - pretend it doesn't exsist,  And with Jimmy,  
Stairway will become a topic like smack and Lori M where if you want to get an interview with
Page than  it's not on the table to discuss.  Which would be terrible since Jimmy loves talking
about how the song came to be.  

Edited by KellyGirl

8 minutes ago, KellyGirl said:

What are other 
people's thoughts on a jury deliberating quickly versus slowly?

Either could be good or bad. The jury could say "this case is BS, Zeppelin didn't steal anything" just as quickly as they could say "it's clearly stolen!" But if there's still no verdict by the weekend, then I'll start to sweat.

If they do lose this, then I think they have a HUGE opening for appeal if it's true that the plaintiff never provided evidence that they even own the copyright.