jim6225

5 minutes ago, Laura Zephead said:

Jury closed their eyes while listening to the audio clips. Methinks a verdict will be coming soon at #StairwayToHeaven trial. Hang tight.

This doesn't sound good for Page & Plant.   I thought the case was supposed to be judged on sheet music only?

Edited by ZepDomi

1 minute ago, ZepDomi said:

This doesn't sound for Page & Plant.   I thought the case was supposed to be judged on sheet music only?

They've mainly been listening to expert performances of the songs based on the original sheet music - that's what just happened in court.

6 minutes ago, Cookie0024 said:

They've mainly been listening to expert performances of the songs based on the original sheet music - that's what just happened in court.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

Edited by ZepDomi

So so so very happy for the band - especially Jimmy as it was his opening chords that were under
the scrutiny and the fact he admitted he owned Spirit album along with liking their music.

This jury did a good thing today for music history. The estate of Randy California Wolfe came
to play and they got beat. Haha I am so glad this trial has come to end. It's been suspensful 7 days.

I wish we had pictures to see the relief and smiles on Jimmy and Robert's face.  Aww I bet they
bro hugged
:wub:

Edited by KellyGirl

Now Skidmore et all have to pay for their own legal fees for what turned out to be a stupid case. Serves them right. You don't put the remaining 3 Led Zep geniuses on the stand and get away with it!  +1 for Led Zep!!

Great result, like I have already said, similar is not the same. 'Spirit', (former members of) a band that never made much money now have a huge legal bill that they are unlikely to be able to afford to pay. Randy California did not sue because he could not afford to in the event that he would most likely have lost...

4 minutes ago, TheGreatOne said:

I hope Jimmy and Robert Counter-Sue and as classy as they are would donate the money to charity or whatever

Nah, I think they are quite happy to move on at this point. Let's get Jimmy going on his solo album, that's what I'm really waiting for. Something tells me it's going to be special.

Edited by Tea41

19 minutes ago, Tea41 said:

Nah, I think they are quite happy to move on at this point. Let's get Jimmy going on his solo album, that's what I'm really waiting for. Something tells me it's going to be special.

You will be waiting forever, the solo album is never going to happen.

• Administrators

Official statements:

"We are grateful for the jury's conscientious service and pleased that it has ruled in our favor, putting to rest questions about the origins of 'Stairway to Heaven' and confirming what we have known for 45 years. We appreciate our fans' support and look forward to putting this legal matter behind us." - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant.

"At Warner Music Group, supporting our artists and protecting their creative freedom is paramount. We are pleased that the jury found in favor of Led Zeppelin, reaffirming the true origins of 'Stairway to Heaven.' Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest bands in history, and Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are peerless songwriters who created many of rock's most influential and enduring songs." - Warner Music Group.