Tune In Wed. May 21 For Live Listening Event w/ Special Guest Jimmy Page - Paris, Olympia

sam_webmaster

The host finally announces "Ladies and gentlemen...Jimmy Page!" Jimmy's wearing a black suit and vest and white shirt with black scarf. Hair tied back in a ponytail. He spoke a little french. Jimmy speaks and then the emcee translates in French. Jimmy mentions the band playing there in 1969 and how young and raw they were. He says they will start with two tracks from the 1969 Paris L'Olympia show.

You Shook Me just faded out and now it's a rough mix w/ vocal of Heartbreaker...one of the alternate tracks on Led Zeppelin II's bonus disc. The bass sounds much more prominent on this mix.

Guitar solo sounds different...slightly more dry, less echo and reverb.

No weird noise after the solo and before the return of the last verse.

Whole Lotta Love rough mix w/ vocal is next.

Plant's words slightly different and there's no chorus of "wanna whole lotta love".

The instrumental break is bare, which allows you to hear Bonzo's cymbal work very clearly. Some theremin noises here and there but you can tell it is still in the early stages. Ghost vocals of Plant all over the place give it a cool vibe.

No guitar solo after the weird instro break...just the rhythm tracks.

Is that Bonzo I hear growling in there? Haha.

This Gallows Pole sounds much much better. Always thought the released version's production was shoddy but this is terrific.

Errrr, it's different but "much better"? I miss the banjo and 12-string and the electric guitar solo.

Archived