Tune In Wed. May 21 For Live Listening Event w/ Special Guest Jimmy Page - Paris, Olympia

sam_webmaster

Great job by everyone here on this! Strider, especially and Stairway providing the links. Will listen to all those tracks. I was home for my lunch hour and was able to watch this LIVE up through WLL! Unfortunately, I had to return to work! Should have taken, my lunch hour a bit later to catch most of it, but not the last probably 10 minutes or so. Jimmy Fallon on soon, but have I bet a good 30 minutes before Jimmy's interview!

Great raw version of SIBLY. One thing I noticed is Robert threw in some lyrics that are from the live performances of ICQYB. The part, which he says "You built my hopes so high". which he certainly said from the BBC Playhouse Theatre version in June, 1969 if I'm correct. I suppose, this may have been recorded around this time as this song was a part of their set earlier than anything from Zep III.

Fantastic!! THANKS strider and stairway for the quick links and the play-by-play comments on this thread!! I watched it all after the fact and so happy to get a peek at the songs we have waited so long to hear...especially SIBLY and Keys to the Highway/Trouble on My Mind!! :) All of these gems will be sure to get a thorough listening once the SD sets arrive! It was very interesting to listen to the songs that you know so well and to recognize all of the sounds that were different or missing. You realize how many sounds your ears are trained to anticipate and how all of those intricate sounds affect the mood of the music. Very cool to see the masters-in-making!!

When heard him say something additional track for Presence, my brain immediately thought of "Fire"(Say you gonna leave me). I would just absolutely flip out if they actually did get this down on acetate in some form and it's just been waiting to grace our ears for all of these decades. Again... FLIP OUT.

Absolutely. What a great riff that track has. I have had my fingers and toes crossed for that one.

I enjoyed the comments from everyone, but I am holding out and not listening to any of this stuff. I've got all three Deluxe boxes ordered, and it's gonna be me and a bottle of wine, listening to these in my music room. Such a short wait to go. After that I will look and listen to the links of today's presentation. It's tough, but I want this to be as memorable as when I bought ITTOD and Coda when they were brand new. Great posts and thoughts everyone!

Absolutely. What a great riff that track has. I have had my fingers and toes crossed for that one.

I enjoyed the comments from everyone, but I am holding out and not listening to any of this stuff. I've got all three Deluxe boxes ordered, and it's gonna be me and a bottle of wine, listening to these in my music room. Such a short wait to go. After that I will look and listen to the links of today's presentation. It's tough, but I want this to be as memorable as when I bought ITTOD and Coda when they were brand new. Great posts and thoughts everyone!

Completely agree. I've gone one step further and used the box sets as the catalyst to buy a new turntable, amp and speakers. The box sets of TSRTS and Celebration Day arrived yesterday on vinyl.all up this first batch of releases has probably cost close to $2000 :)

In the meantime I'm absolutely loving reading peoples enthusiasm and comments about the new tracks. Please keep it up, and I can't wait to see this conference in due time, but I'm going to wait till the LPs arrive and then isolate myself from the world for a good few hours.

Led zeppelin have been far too much of an important part of my life for me not to give these the attention and focus I believe they deserve.

And there'll be wine. Lots of red wine.

Completely agree. I've gone one step further and used the box sets as the catalyst to buy a new turntable, amp and speakers. The box sets of TSRTS and Celebration Day arrived yesterday on vinyl.all up this first batch of releases has probably cost close to $2000 :)

In the meantime I'm absolutely loving reading peoples enthusiasm and comments about the new tracks. Please keep it up, and I can't wait to see this conference in due time, but I'm going to wait till the LPs arrive and then isolate myself from the world for a good few hours.

Led zeppelin have been far too much of an important part of my life for me not to give these the attention and focus I believe they deserve.

And there'll be wine. Lots of red wine.

Excellent. Good for you! Vinyl and turntables never left my life. My collection is huge, and I only listen to other media fir the sake of convenience. Nothing is better than vinyl. Period.

Enjoy the vinyl!

Great raw version of SIBLY. One thing I noticed is Robert threw in some lyrics that are from the live performances of ICQYB. The part, which he says "You built my hopes so high". which he certainly said from the BBC Playhouse Theatre version in June, 1969 if I'm correct. I suppose, this may have been recorded around this time as this song was a part of their set earlier than anything from Zep III.

Yea I recognized that verse as well. Royal Albert Hall 1/9/70 baby!

"You built my hopes so high

Baby then you let me down so low...

Don't you realize sweet baby

Woman I don't know which way to go"

:stereo:

Still avoiding listening to those tracks until the real deal arrives at my house in approximately 12 days! Based on the discussion here, my anticipation is even greater! :thumbsup:

fair point and i wonder why JP feels this sort of promotion is appropriate? he kept it all a secret and then releases songs on spotify etc and now these playbacks, does it remove the mystery? i just hope he turns up "oi Jimmy, remember me" haha

fair point and i wonder why JP feels this sort of promotion is appropriate? he kept it all a secret and then releases songs on spotify etc and now these playbacks, does it remove the mystery? i just hope he turns up "oi Jimmy, remember me" haha

If he turns up tomorrow it would be awesome. Nothing on the event thing though. Still, should be an awesome night regardless. Can't wait!

Jimmy said the most rewarding find was discovering an unlabelled box with Achilles Last Stand and other Presence material.

Strider, upon thinking about all of the Zeppelin Super Deluxe re-masters sets to come out, it is the Presence set that I personally will be most interested in getting. :)

I wish there was more credit given to the engineers on these legendary albums.

Ludwig, Kramer, Johns, Manning, Marino.

Great work guys - Zeppelin was engineered by the best in the industry make no doubt.

Strider, upon thinking about all of the Zeppelin Super Deluxe re-masters sets to come out, it is the Presence set that I personally will be most interested in getting. :)

How can you top a find like that? Is this possibly Led Zeppelin's Holy Grail? :guitar_mood::popcorn2:

No superstar show, just us and a load of zep heads chillin with free beer and wine !! Tracks sound great on a full on PA and not YouTube! I managed to convince the wife to get involved in the box sets! Alls well that ends drunk

Archived