ZoSo finally solved?

JimmyPageZoSo56

Yes and no. That site's been well known to many of us for years. I don't buy the 666 shit at all. Jimmy's a Thelemite, and Thelema has fuck all to do with Satanism. In fact, Crowley's whole "Great Beast 666" thing was just for shock value (his mother called him that as a child and he ran with it). The "Zoso" is, like the symbols on his dragon and poppy suits, a stylized version of his astrological signs inspired by the Cardan symbol.

I found this site about a year ago talking about ZoSo but havent gotten around to post it.

Do you think ZoSo was finally solved like the site claims?

http://www.inthelight.co.nz/ledzep/zososymbol.htm

Those are one of a gazillion meanings....anything in the public domain can be questionalble. The symbols are also used as military codes as well.

Technically speaking, in the world of mysticism...one cannot and is barred from revealing any inner deep true meaning. Even if he did know the meaning, he couldnt tell you if he wanted to.

Yes and no. That site's been well known to many of us for years. I don't buy the 666 shit at all. Jimmy's a Thelemite, and Thelema has fuck all to do with Satanism. In fact, Crowley's whole "Great Beast 666" thing was just for shock value (his mother called him that as a child and he ran with it). The "Zoso" is, like the symbols on his dragon and poppy suits, a stylized version of his astrological signs inspired by the Cardan symbol.

Not to mention that 666 is NOT the number of the beast and is a biblelical typo that occurd some 500 years ago. The original numbers in the origional hebrew and aramayic printings are a different number.

Which only goes to show the limited knowedge and understanding these people that use that number actually have. The use of 666 as the number of the beast only proves ones own ignorance and lack of understanding.

It's just celtic, hippy, mystical 70's shit!

It's like a suburban white person getting a Japanese tattoo.

I think Zoso symbolizes something to do with magick. I read somewhere years ago that Jimmy said that "he wasn't into satanism, but that he was intrigued by magick". I don't know for sure what this symbol represents. It's just a feeling that I think it represents something to do with magick. And I really agree that this is a 70s hippy mystical thing. I love the 70s don't get me wrong. Great music came out of that time, but there was some weird dark mystical things that were popular in that era. I have read about another singer who mentioned something about Aleister Crowley who also was popular in the 70s. That is what makes me wonder if this Crowley was popular in the entertainment scene during the 70s (I know he was British). Just like now what's popular in the entertainment industry is Kabbalah; although the history of this Hebrew mysticism is ancient, but it is now popular in the entertainment industry. It however is nothing like the ancient Hebrew mysticism, Hebrew Kabbalists say. This is I think Hollywood's version, which cheapens it. That is neither here nor there. Sorry a little "rambling on" here

Anyway, no facts here. It's just thoughts. I wonder.

Speaking of this Crowley character and Jimmy Page, is Jimmy still into this????

Not to mention that 666 is NOT the number of the beast and is a biblelical typo that occurd some 500 years ago. The original numbers in the origional hebrew and aramayic printings are a different number.

Which only goes to show the limited knowedge and understanding these people that use that number actually have. The use of 666 as the number of the beast only proves ones own ignorance and lack of understanding.

i even remember reading/hearing (and i haven't researched this so i don't know sources, etc.) that the modern-day "devil" and "antichrist" concepts were not in the original books of the Bible. They were added later; the "devil" was added when one of the Western Christian churches (Roman Catholic maybe) wanted to "demonise" paganism and the old religions that had hung around in the West. So they took the image of the horned god and made up this mythology that fitted it into the Bible and made it out to be evil (and not to be worshipped)

The idea of the "antichrist" as an actual person/being of some sort is even more recent, originally it was only mentioned in the Bible as a concept

i even remember reading/hearing (and i haven't researched this so i don't know sources, etc.) that the modern-day "devil" and "antichrist" concepts were not in the original books of the Bible. They were added later; the "devil" was added when one of the Western Christian churches (Roman Catholic maybe) wanted to "demonise" paganism and the old religions that had hung around in the West. So they took the image of the horned god and made up this mythology that fitted it into the Bible and made it out to be evil (and not to be worshipped)

The idea of the "antichrist" as an actual person/being of some sort is even more recent, originally it was only mentioned in the Bible as a concept

Satan is in the Bible though.

I've read somewhere and also it's been confirmed by a Deacon friend of mine who follows te othodox-Christian version......that Lucifer......before God created humans.......was already in conflict with God and his power and plan. I'd like to know what was the original numbers of the devil if it's not 666.......anyone here knows?

Thanks B)

Page once remarked that the symbol has something to do with Thursday (Thor's Day). This lead to an interesting analysis, to do with Norse gods (Thor was the god of thunder.... Hammer of the Gods etc)

He also recently spoke more openly about his 'magick' than ever before, saying among other things, that the symbols, along with the things which were on his stage clothes etc are like talismans or bracelets or things that other people might wear for 'good luck'.

He also noted that his understanding of magick, it is not what immediately comes to people's minds, about cauldrons and spells etc!!!! He gave the example of 4 people, like Led Zeppelin, coming together into a room and creating, seemingly out of thin air, the sort of energetic music they did. Four separate energies combined to create a single, greater energy. Some people might call this 'chemistry', but it means the same thing. A positive flow of energies between individuals......

Archived