California Breed

Well that was disappointing news but with California Breed now history for Jason, maybe he could resurrect the world tour Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience were hinting at before the California Breed commitments took him away from that idea.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Jason has been on tour with Sammy Hagar prior to his announcement that he would not be touring with California Breed.

Jason posted this on his facebook page August 2nd:

"I love those guys but it wasn't going to work for me. I will support them as I love the band I help create and Joey is great. Good luck guys xx JB"

Looks like Jason has been on tour with Sammy Hagar prior to his announcement that he would not be touring with California Breed.

Jason posted this on his facebook page August 2nd:

"I love those guys but it wasn't going to work for me. I will support them as I love the band I help create and Joey is great. Good luck guys xx JB"

That guitar player Sammy has is GREAT - He has a kick ass tone

It's really a shame that Jason had to go, I personally don't think the group is going to be the same after Jason's departure. Don't get me wrong, Joey is a fantastic drummer, its just their styles are so different its not gonna be the same for me. I wonder if this is permanent or not, the website said Joey would be in only for the upcoming shows; but Jason sure made it sound like it was permanent...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In an interview with Glenn Hughes on Rocktologist Hughes was asked if drummer Jason Bonham will return to the band at some point in the future. "No, Jason won't be returning," Glenn replied. "His other commitments were getting in the way of his California Breed schedule."

He continued: "I have no disrespect for Jason, only tons of love. You know, I've known him ever since he was a little boy. It's just that he chose to work with other people when in fact he should be working with California Breed. And, you know, I'm a workaholic. When I'm working on an album or doing tours, I give it all, heart and soul. For some reason Jason didn't want to be part of that. -And it's OK, we've moved on."

http://www.therocktologist.com/interview-with-glenn-hughes.html

• 2 months later...

^^ Andrew Watt elaborated on the California Breed split in a separate posting, writing: "To the California Breed fans here, I put everything I had into this band. All I can say is I was in it for the long haul."

"I have a lot of new music for you guys."

"[i am] going to be announcing my plans soon."

"I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you supporting us, buying our music, coming to our shows."

"This is not the end...It is truly the beginning."

" cannot wait to continue the quest to bring rock 'n' roll back to the people that are hungry for it."

"What an amazing learning experience for me here and introduction to an amazing world of people and fans that share love for the same thing."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/california-breed-is-over/

Here's what Glenn said today:

"Good morning ..
On June 2 Jason left California Breed.
We had just gone on sale with tickets for the USA and Europe tours . I felt it necessary to commit to these shows, as we had recorded an album and we needed to play and promote our work.
Joey C came in and played drums,and helped us out on tour , and I am supremely grateful for this .
What I couldn't commit to was a second album. Cali Breed was Jason Andrew and myself , and there was no way moving forward without all 3 original members.
Over the past 4 decades I have built a very loving and loyal fan base, where I know most of you , through touring , signing autographs for all , or on social networks, where I see your photographs or avatar , and answer you, in whatever you wish to ask or share with me .
Those of you who have met me , or know me , know that I deeply care about LIFE...
I am currently working on 3 projects , 2 musical & one movie ...I will give more details as I move forward .
This is a loving ... And safe Place smile emoticon
The Canvas of my LIFE is vast ...and I go ...where my spirit.. Leads me ..
Big love to all my fans, friends and GOLDEN ones across our Planet ...
In my world LOVE is the answer .. Remember this"

He didn't want to make an album with Joey.

• 9 months later...

Former California Breed guitarist Andrew Watt recently released his debut solo EP, "Ghost In My Head", via John Varvatos /Republic Records. The digital EP includes the first single from Watt, the title track, "Ghost In My Head'.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-california-breed-guitarist-andrew-watt-ghost-in-my-head-video/

andrewwattghostinmyheadep.jpg

Former California Breed guitarist Andrew Watt recently released his debut solo EP, "Ghost In My Head", via John Varvatos /Republic Records. The digital EP includes the first single from Watt, the title track, "Ghost In My Head'.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-california-breed-guitarist-andrew-watt-ghost-in-my-head-video/

andrewwattghostinmyheadep.jpg

That is fucking fantastic - I'm going to buy it

• 3 months later...

Archived