No more official releases after the box sets! According to Jimmy

the-ocean87

Hey, found this very interesting interview with Jimmy. Unfortunately for most of you the article is in German.

Jimmy says there will be no further releases after all box sets are released. He says that even after his death there won't be any low-quality live releases. Sometimes I think he is too professional concerning sound. And even though he never played every note right in a single concert - who cares?

http://www.badische-zeitung.de/rock-pop/jimmy-page-ueber-led-zeppelin-remasters-mehr-kommt-nicht--85295741.html

Maybe he told the same in some of the interviews posted here the last days. I didn't listen to them all. If that's the case, please remove this topic.

The bad English translation makes it seem much less final than what you're reading into it -- and in recent interviews (or was it at the Paris conference?) Jimmy said something along the lines of "there aren't any further releases planned," not that they would never happen. We probably won't get any SBDs released on CD -- aside from the Olympia show, and maybe some other shows that don't sound "inferior" -- but I wouldn't be surprised if any of the multi-tracked concerts are (re-)released at some point.

Jimmy is a walking contradiction, so I wouldn't worry too much. Once he and the others are dead, I find it highly unlikely that the market won't see a few Zeppelin releases.

Archived