La La

I'm reading a few comments about the structure of the song by young people and it makes me smile that they are discovering this style that has so many movements to grasp in one listening. I know what they are talkin about

Zeppelin covers The Who...with added psychedelia and a nasty groove rockin steady under Page's trademen-like licks, that are all in the right place.

Infectious!

I hear a nod to George Harrison's "All Too Much" as well.

Great tune.

At first this sounded like an amped up song by, the band, to me. After the big keith moon drum fill, I was a getting more, big star vibe, but then it's all about jimmy page over the rest of the song. Zep finally has a dated sounding song, in 2014...unbelievable, yet cool retro now. It strangely reminds me of carouselambra, with its three sections, bonham in a downshifted speed, in a non riff heavy song and with jpj's spaced plunky riffs in last section.

HERE, HERE!!! It could have been an amazing song

So true, but still a great song. Perhaps, with this as being a bit experimental they may have bee considering taking another direction musical as it was 1969 with the psychedelic feel to the song.

I still feel that Jimmy took part of the later section of La La and used some of it as part of the long Lemon Song solo/jam from the Fillmore West on April 27. Some parts are very familiar to both songs and the recording of La La and concert were within two weeks of each other.

So true, but still a great song. Perhaps, with this as being a bit experimental they may have bee considering taking another direction musical as it was 1969 with the psychedelic feel to the song.

I still feel that Jimmy took part of the later section of La La and used some of it as part of the long Lemon Song solo/jam from the Fillmore West on April 27. Some parts are very familiar to both songs and the recording of La La and concert were within two weeks of each other.

No doubt you are right about 427. I was listening to La La in earnest for the first time last night and I heard the exact same thing you did. The phrasing, the effect on the guitar it smacks of Killing Floor (as named on the boot) which I think is one of Jimmy's coolest performances. The Blues solo he plays is exactly what Zeppelin was about. Bringing the Blues to a new level. Jones's rocking Bass line perfectly compliments Jimmy's solo!, Its one of my favs.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

:yourock:

No doubt you are right about 427. I was listening to La La in earnest for the first time last night and I heard the exact same thing you did. The phrasing, the effect on the guitar it smacks of Killing Floor (as named on the boot) which I think is one of Jimmy's coolest performances. The Blues solo he plays is exactly what Zeppelin was about. Bringing the Blues to a new level. Jones's rocking Bass line perfectly compliments Jimmy's solo!, Its one of my favs.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

:yourock:

Glad you did too and we think alike! :bravo: That Killing Floor is a great one!

• 1 month later...

Simply: I like it (I listen it almost every day). I just wonder how it would be with Plant's voice

This is one of my fav outtakes and I often wonder what the song would have been like fully completed with vocals. I imagine this song would have been around the 6 minute mark or so and would have been a gem in the Zeppelin collection.

Archived