David Allen Hundreds Of Never Before Seen Led Zeppelin Photos

DAVIDALLEN

JAW DROPPING!!

thank you so much for sharing your amazing 1977 photographs! It is so rare to have a professional such as yourself be so kind.

this one of yours is one of my personal favorites:

img077xxxzzz.jpg

I would love to see a larger version. Do you have anymore from the laser pyramid section of Page's solo?

thanks again!!!

Hello All,

My name is David Allen. I was friends with the band along with Swan Song Records and Peter Grant from around 1975 to 1985. Its been 37 years since I took the famous shot of Led Zep that was used as a promotional photo in 1977. People are selling it without my permission with incorrect photo credit. I just scanned for the first time 275 photos, that were never scanned, printed or even seen by anyone including myself. Here is a sample below of some of them. You can contact me about this at mail@TodaysNew.com.

Thanks,

David Allen

Thanks David, these are absolutely awesome!!!

What Zep shows did you attend in 1977? Am assuming you shot photos at each show you attended? Some of us 1977 fanatics would love to see pictures from shows that tour that have very few pictures taken at these concerts:

1. Tempe, Arizona
  2. Indianapolis
  3. St. Louis
  4. Either Minneapolis date: Minneapolis and/or St. Paul the next night

Thanks in advance if you shot photos from those shows and can post some!

At Les Pauls' Birthday Party At The Hard Rock Cafe, N.Y.C. Lots Of People Jammed With Les. Seen Here With Jimmy And Al Di Meola.

How fitting, as today would have been Les Paul's 99th birthday.

Thanks David, these are absolutely awesome!!!

What Zep shows did you attend in 1977? Am assuming you shot photos at each show you attended? Some of us 1977 fanatics would love to see pictures from shows that tour that have very few pictures taken at these concerts:

1. Tempe, Arizona
  2. Indianapolis
  3. St. Louis
  4. Either Minneapolis date: Minneapolis and/or St. Paul the next night

Thanks in advance if you shot photos from those shows and can post some!

Hi David - do you have any images from these shows?

At Les Pauls' Birthday Party At The Hard Rock Cafe, N.Y.C. Lots Of People Jammed With Les. Seen Here With Jimmy And Al Di Meola.

Great pic! I have a bootleg of Jimmy playing an instrumental blues number at that event and it's great, sounds very I Can't Quit You Babe-ish. Pretty sure that was just him with Les's backing band, would love to know what he's playing in this pic with DiMeola and Les.

Keep 'em coming!

Archived