REMASTERED LED ZEPPELIN I: Post Your Reactions/Reviews Here

Strider

they should have used inner sleeves on the cd only releases Lucky I had some jewel cases lying around. am sorry there have been so many defect and packaging issues but not surprised gives the small amount of care put into packaging unlike the amazing mini lp cd Japanese box which is still my favorite versions of these sonically as well

Maybe they just meant backing tracks and such ...I think they probably could have taken the cream of all the discs companion discs and made like a 4 cd box..There are some great ones like Since I've been loving You and some that just feel like filler at least on 2 's companion especially...

Am referring to scraping the bottom of barrel quote which I meant to include here..

Hey b.truex

Is that a VPI turntable, and what's powering it and the speakers, just interested, bout' to completely upgrade my gear just for these vinyls, salivating to get a decent turntable and amp and speakers!

attachicon.gifvpiclassic1.jpg

attachicon.gifC2300New.jpg

attachicon.gifMC2000.jpg

attachicon.gif800D.jpg

Wow! Nice looking stereo, I bet these remasters sound great on vinyl through Mac tubes into those B&W's! I'm using 24/96 downloads through a Saber32 DAC (in an Oppo 105) into an MC2200 with Infinity QLS-1's. It sure sounds good!

Hi, I'm a new member ... I greet you all - I was born in 1957 and I'm writing from Italy;-) So the career led him followed almost from the beginning - Mr. Aspensoud preceded me by a few seconds, I wanted to I post my half disappointment in finding, since when it was announced on iTunes, miserable cuts to the tracks Moby Dick and HMMT , ... why? I wonder why, they did what? Yet the audio quality is uniform, can not find excuses .... did not fit in the cd? They could enter a part of the live in the first and then the remainder in the second cd!! At this point I'm keeping the bootleg that feels even better .... ah .. ah ... ah!! But in case the vinyl version 2 tracks are integers? Hello and good fun with LEDs -

I apologize if the translation, perhaps, is not perfect -

Having a first listen, and I am blown away! Every note is so clear, I'm noticing more sounds, and my favorites are even more amazing (BIGLY and D&C...WOW!!). It really does feel like you are right there with them. The box is gorgeous and the contents are fantastic. The book is very nice quality, and it will be fun to explore all of the great memorabilia from that era (especially while listening to the music...brilliant!).

Oh Jimmy! Your dedication to the legacy of LZ, your attention to detail, and your commitment to quality is superb, and I am very thankful for all your hard work (and the crew who helped make this happen). Bravo bravo!

post-26295-0-87006100-1402108500_thumb.j

Having a first listen, and I am blown away! Every note is so clear, I'm noticing more sounds, and my favorites are even more amazing (BIGLY and D&C...WOW!!). It really does feel like you are right there with them. The box is gorgeous and the contents are fantastic. The book is very nice quality, and it will be fun to explore all of the great memorabilia from that era (especially while listening to the music...brilliant!).

Oh Jimmy! Your dedication to the legacy of LZ, your attention to detail, and your commitment to quality is superb, and I am very thankful for all your hard work (and the crew who helped make this happen). Bravo bravo!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

WOW that box set look really nice, and i SO want the Hi-Res version of 1-3.

My first copy of Led Zeppelin I ever owned bought this morning on HDtracks... downloaded tonight... Listened all the way through and:

mind thoroughly blown!

I heard stuff I've NEVER heard before and I've had several versions of this stuff, including box sets, before... sad that the box sets didn't include these pieces I speak of.

Now I know exactly why everyone sais they changed rock and roll with this album.

And having heard both the CD box sets and various other CD formats, mp3 formats, etc, and now the HD download...

I can definitively say that the remastered HD download is the best of the bunch. Even better than vinyl. You can really feel JPJ playing that bass like never before, Robert's vocals go into areas I didn't know even HE could go! I mean Jimmy's guitar man... holy crap...THOSE DRUMS!!! I never have had such an pounding on my ear drums like he gave me tonight :P !!!!

Sorry for the weird grammar and spelling and phrasing, but I really mean it that the album blew my mind... very sluggish right now as I'm just coming out of that. Apologies, I'll give a better review later.

Wanted to get deluxe 2cd zep 111 at my local but didn't show up,went for zep1 instead.Blown away by the clarity and separation.The bass is brilliant.Never heard the Paris show before and i have only listened to a couple of tracks.Tomorrows a free day so will sit down with a good drink and go for it.

Until yesterday I thought, 'well i'll stick to just the remastered Standard Cd edition for this one'. Don't get me wrong, Zep 1 is definetly in my top 5, but the prospect of investing in an expensive super deluxe version seemed a bit over indulgent

I already owned the pre FM version of L'Olympia ( and I have no hesitations to name half a dozen better live shows from 1969).

But with II and III already in shopping cart, I concured, because the moment I would come Home I would have felt sorry.

It has been said enough....the sound is nothing short but miraculous. So here ended that part of my story.

I have a few questions though ( and sorry If these topics have been dealt with in other threads, but hey it's examination times at University, so throw me line If you Please)

- where did Jimmy find Moby Dick from the Paris show? I can't remember having seen this on any tracklist of the boots.

- on Olympic Gold a couple of outtakes from 1 have surfaced....so why denying these early takes?

CD only here.

Main disc: It's awesome. There were a couple (only a couple) of bits on II that I felt had maybe been made worse rather than better by the remastering, but there's nothing on here that hasn't been improved. Just clearer, sharper and more separated throughout. Lyrics are clearer, lots of little details are jumping out at me that seem new. A sort of ghostly background vocal on "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" that I never heard before. The harmonica on "You Shook Me" sounds brilliant in a way it never did before; the church-organ opening of "Your Time Is Gonna Come" suddenly sounds glorious and the playout seems to have gained about three new layers to it. "Black Mountain Side" is darker, richer, spookier. The guitar solo on "I Can't Quit You" has something it didn't have before - I wish I knew the technical terms for these things, but whatever it is, it's fabulous. Drums so much better and sharper in the "ten children of my own" section on "How Many More Times" (my favourite track). And so on. I love it. As a relatively new fan, I was really only getting to the point of feeling I knew all the previous remasters really well when these ones started coming out, but now it's like there's this whole new dimension...I'm very happy.

The companion disc: Knocked my socks off, and continues to do so. I had sort of thought that the previously unheard tracks were the really exciting bit in all of this, but actually, this is. Again, as a newish fan I haven't heard an awful lot of live stuff, so it was really amazing to me. Started off trying to do some other stuff whilst listening but that didn't last long - ended up just sort of pinned back in my seat, totally riveted by it all. Really got what people mean when they talk about the incredible energy and power of the band in their heyday. (Got to say, it made me even less keen on the idea of a reunion than I already was - even more sure that it just couldn't be anything like it was way back when. I mean, "Celebration Day" is excellent, but it's not... this. This, I think, is the sort of performance you get from young people, and always will be. We all know that extraordinary voice isn't anything like it was once, and. with all due respect to Bonham Junior, listening to this made me feel that his father was such a wonderful player, and so crucial to making the band what they were, that to work without him and still call it Led Zeppelin just isn't quite right. I really hope Jimmy records the new music he has, and does something fresh).

I'd intended for a while to start getting into live bootlegs, but now, having heard this, I'm going to get on with it. (Law of unintended consequences?). Anyway, props to Jimmy for taking on the huge job of doing all this and for doing it so well. And to them all for being so frickin' awesome. It's been a great week.

CD only here.

Main disc: It's awesome. There were a couple (only a couple) of bits on II that I felt had maybe been made worse rather than better by the remastering, but there's nothing on here that hasn't been improved. Just clearer, sharper and more separated throughout. Lyrics are clearer, lots of little details are jumping out at me that seem new. A sort of ghostly background vocal on "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" that I never heard before. The harmonica on "You Shook Me" sounds brilliant in a way it never did before; the church-organ opening of "Your Time Is Gonna Come" suddenly sounds glorious and the playout seems to have gained about three new layers to it. "Black Mountain Side" is darker, richer, spookier. The guitar solo on "I Can't Quit You" has something it didn't have before - I wish I knew the technical terms for these things, but whatever it is, it's fabulous. Drums so much better and sharper in the "ten children of my own" section on "How Many More Times" (my favourite track). And so on. I love it. As a relatively new fan, I was really only getting to the point of feeling I knew all the previous remasters really well when these ones started coming out, but now it's like there's this whole new dimension...I'm very happy.

The companion disc: Knocked my socks off, and continues to do so. I had sort of thought that the previously unheard tracks were the really exciting bit in all of this, but actually, this is. Again, as a newish fan I haven't heard an awful lot of live stuff, so it was really amazing to me. Started off trying to do some other stuff whilst listening but that didn't last long - ended up just sort of pinned back in my seat, totally riveted by it all. Really got what people mean when they talk about the incredible energy and power of the band in their heyday. (Got to say, it made me even less keen on the idea of a reunion than I already was - even more sure that it just couldn't be anything like it was way back when. I mean, "Celebration Day" is excellent, but it's not... this. This, I think, is the sort of performance you get from young people, and always will be. We all know that extraordinary voice isn't anything like it was once, and. with all due respect to Bonham Junior, listening to this made me feel that his father was such a wonderful player, and so crucial to making the band what they were, that to work without him and still call it Led Zeppelin just isn't quite right. I really hope Jimmy records the new music he has, and does something fresh).

I'd intended for a while to start getting into live bootlegs, but now, having heard this, I'm going to get on with it. (Law of unintended consequences?). Anyway, props to Jimmy for taking on the huge job of doing all this and for doing it so well. And to them all for being so frickin' awesome. It's been a great week.

If you do get into the world of Live Zeppelin recording be prepared to be astounded on a regular basis. Every show is different, some are good, some are great and some or just out of this world. Exploring the live side of Zep will give you a whole new appreciation for the band.

How is it that my comment was gone? mha! I try to resend it, .. I said this version it seems that the song MD has been performed that fateful October in Paris, at least ... not that it is a fake ... everything can be, but listening to a surface looks the same as the one published on CD - await answers - hello to everyone, and I hope that this time the message remains!

How is it that my comment was gone? mha! I try to resend it, .. I said this version it seems that the song MD has been performed that fateful October in Paris, at least ... not that it is a fake ... everything can be, but listening to a surface looks the same as the one published on CD - await answers - hello to everyone, and I hope that this time the message remains!

This sounds like the recently discovered amateur tape of the following show, the December 6, 1969 show also in France but not the October Paris Olympia show.

And then the mystery deepens ... because they entered this "mysterious" MD in the cd? It 'a mix between the two shows? Or the "nice-old" Page, and a little tarnished by the years,.... has got a nice corner and found the tape on December 6? Of course, my, it's just a provocation ... ah ... ah ... ah ...! You should ask him directly, at this point - greetings to all -

2 shows - 5:30pm and 8:30pm

Press Review: Led Zeppelin took flight to score a massive personal triumph when they closed Sunday’s first nightamid incredible scenes and gave thePop Proms the kind of start the organizers would have been brave to dream of.

At the end of Zeppelin’s excellent set, with an encore, it was after 11pm, the house lights had gone up and a quarter of the near capacity crowd audience had filed out.

Those that remained clustered to the foot of the flower bedecked stage and first came the clapping, then a prolonged bout of foot stomping flowed by thunderous cries for more until the whole cycle began over again and continued for several minutes, some of the crowd who had left poured back into the auditorium to see what all the fuss was about.

It was obvious they weren’t going home till they got more but when the group returned to the stage, they found the power had been switched off. “Hey, put the power on”, demanded singer Robert Plant as the group stood bewildered. Stalemate, Plant took up a harmonica and let fly on that and all the others could do was clap until a few minutes later the flow of juice was resumed.

With the first few bars of Long Tall Sally, the audience was on its feet dancing in the aisles and in the boxes and there was incredible mayhemhappening on and around the stage.

The saxists from Blodwyn Pig and Liverpool Scene added their support in to the Zeppelin’s rock and the air around the stage became thick with paper aeroplanes (symbolically) thrown from the boxes along with a tickertape reception of handbills and balloons and petals of the flowers from the foot of the stage.

The Zeppelin truly deserved the acclaim – it is boggling that in a matter of months they have achieved such a high degree of musicianship and become one of the biggest crowd pullers around.

Concentrated touring has given them an extra edge in every department and with drummer John Bonham and bassist John Paul Jones laying a solid rearguard the frontal dialogue between Page and Plant has developed to a startling and stimulating extent.

In one way, they appear to be fighting each other for dominance, in another they become as one but in the final analysis they serve to haul each other onto greater and greater heights. Plant, with shoulder length blond curls, employs his voice as a fourth instrument. Page, a contrast with shoulder length black hair, evens the score by using his instrument as an extra voice. The result at low key is fascinating; at its high devastating.

Sticking mainly to tracks from their best selling debut album, I Can’t Quit You Baby, Communication Breakdown, You Shook Me, How Many More Times and Dazed and Confused were highlights, the latter fast becoming a pop phenomenon with Page attacking his guitar, sometimes using a bow, with ferocious intent and Plant torturing his vocal chords like a man intent on self destruction. (NME, July ’69)

Apologies Bong-Man for the delay in replying, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! for your post...all is revealed! ;)

Man, I am in the second week of devouring this remastered Led Zeppelin and the Paris Olympia show, and I am dead chuffed at the quality. For years, I thought nothing could come close to the original first pressings of the vinyl for optimum Led Zeppelin audio experience...maybe the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab pressings or the Classic Records 45 rpm vinyl set. But definitely no CD issue has come close...until now.

I am still soaking it all in, switching back-and-forth between the vinyl and cds, but I can definitely say this is money well-spent. If you are still wondering whether to get the new remasters or hold on to the old box sets, I can assure you: Dump the old cds and get the new ones NOW!

My only worry now is that I have set myself a Herculean (or is that Sisyphean?) task in waiting to listen to my Led Zeppelin II and III sets. I may have to give in as I don't know if I can hold out that long.

My only worry now is that I have set myself a Herculean (or is that Sisyphean?) task in waiting to listen to my Led Zeppelin II and III sets. I may have to give in as I don't know if I can hold out that long.

My vote...Do not wait!!! And do not keep those beautiful books locked up in the boxes!! :)

And then the mystery deepens ... because they entered this "mysterious" MD in the cd? It 'a mix between the two shows? Or the "nice-old" Page, and a little tarnished by the years,.... has got a nice corner and found the tape on December 6? Of course, my, it's just a provocation ... ah ... ah ... ah ...! You should ask him directly, at this point - greetings to all -

I have no idea what you are talking about. The performance of Moby Dick on the new Led Zep I companion disc is from the October 10 Paris show. The video you posted above is the December 6 Chatenay-Malabry (Paris suburb) show. No mystery,

Archived