THE FRANK ZAPPA THREAD!

I have a mate at work that has all his 60 or so albums and he played me the Apostrophe cd and I thought it was great !! in fact really interesting. I heard one of his earlier and latter day albums and was not so keen, but the mid 70's period to me sounds good even if I am a bit green on him !!

Zappa wappa nappa tappa? Yes indeedy, mr. deed.

I enjoy Frank a lot. He's badass. I've heard Apostrophe ('), Hot Rats, The Grand Wazoo, We're Only In It For The Money, Burnt Weeny Sandwich, Uncle Meat (I love the hell out of this one), Weasels Ripped My Flesh (same here!), Imaginary Diseases, and You Can't Do That Onstage Anymore Vol. 2.

Frank was a genius. His time on earth was too short. :(

DVD

7416301.jpg

Full Live Performances

Tracks

1. Dinah-Moe Humm

2. I'm the Slime

3. Montana

4. St Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast

5. Dirty Love

6. Cosmic Debris

7. Stink-Foot

"This is where you go to find every aspect of Frank's music squeezed into two perfectly formed records." - Dweezil Zappa. This new addition to Eagle Vision's acclaimed Classic Albums series focuses on Frank Zappa's early-'70s albums OVERNITE SENSATION (1973) and APOSTROPHE (') (1974). Together they encapsulate Zappa's extraordinary musical diversity, and were also the two most commercially successful albums that he released in his prolific career. As ever, the program uses interviews, musical demonstrations, rare archive and home movie footage, plus live performances to tell the story behind the conception and recording of these groundbreaking albums.

Source: Eagle Rock Entertainment

Like Joelmon, I saw Zappa in 1975, only I saw him in Austin. :)

Edited by The Rover

DVD

7416301.jpg

Full Live Performances

Tracks

1. Dinah-Moe Humm

2. I'm the Slime

3. Montana

4. St Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast

5. Dirty Love

6. Cosmic Debris

7. Stink-Foot

"This is where you go to find every aspect of Frank's music squeezed into two perfectly formed records." - Dweezil Zappa. This new addition to Eagle Vision's acclaimed Classic Albums series focuses on Frank Zappa's early-'70s albums OVERNITE SENSATION (1973) and APOSTROPHE (') (1974). Together they encapsulate Zappa's extraordinary musical diversity, and were also the two most commercially successful albums that he released in his prolific career. As ever, the program uses interviews, musical demonstrations, rare archive and home movie footage, plus live performances to tell the story behind the conception and recording of these groundbreaking albums.

Source: Eagle Rock Entertainment

Like Joelmon, I saw Zappa in 1975, only I saw him in Austin. :)

I watched that the other day, my mate at work lent me it and it was cool !! he saw him twice !!

"Frank Zappa and the Mothers were at the best place around, but some stupid with a flare gun burnt the place to the ground....Smoke on the Water A fire in the sky"

Name checked in one of the greatest rock songs is no mean feat !!!

"Frank Zappa and the Mothers were at the best place around, but some stupid with a flare gun burnt the place to the ground....Smoke on the Water A fire in the sky"

Name checked in one of the greatest rock songs is no mean feat !!!

It's weird: I haven't read a THING in the Zep forums about Robert Plant (Planet!) being namechecked on the Fillmore East album... Perhaps you palls are a bit cynical about that one? ;)

Did you listen to Roxy and Elsewhere yet ? That's gotta be tops for me...first time to see him and all...same band.

Not yet. Even though it's in R for my album project, I wont' be listening to it tonight. I can, but I don't want to. I'll listen to it tomorrow along with Cream at the Royal Albert Hall. B)