ROBERT PLANT - LULLABY AND... THE CEASELESS ROAR

sam_webmaster

The former Led Zeppelin frontman speaks - 8:16 min - to Last.fm about his new album "lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar"
= a fine compact comment on why it became spaceshifting now :
"passion ... no tears, no blood ..."

ps
sorry, when this was posted already

ps-2
more on "Embrace Another Fall" in particular here

I thought great spirit would have been a good song for the band of joy to play live. Maybe rearrnged with a slow tribal beat and robert plant and patty griffin singing, could have been so good. It seems like it would have gone well w that band and what they were doing on that record and tour.

I believe the acoustic mix of "Great Spirit" appeared on Robert's remastered and Nine Lives version

of The Fate of Nations.

that sounds right I upgraded to remasters and had forgot it was not on original...back when I had $ to even do remasters

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Robert Plant in conversation with Radcliffe and Maconie

Duration: 21:58

Rock legend Robert Plant joins 6 Music's Radcliffe and Maconie to speak about his new album with the Sensational Space Shifters and his upcoming tour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02bnrdw

Yeah, great interview , thanks for posting :) At times unintentionally hilarious - one of the hosts is a mouth breather around the 8 minute mark. By the 9th minute someone must have gotten into his ear piece because he finally shut the front door. At times intentionally hilarious, like when Robert quipped that he was learning Welsh during some of the solos in the Zep days :D.

He'll be with Jack White in Lollapalooza in South America. Should be amazing. Lucky people!

Yeah, great interview , thanks for posting :) At times unintentionally hilarious - one of the hosts is a mouth breather around the 8 minute mark. By the 9th minute someone must have gotten into his ear piece because he finally shut the front door. At times intentionally hilarious, like when Robert quipped that he was learning Welsh during some of the solos in the Zep days :D.

He'll be with Jack White in Lollapalooza in South America. Should be amazing. Lucky people!

Perhaps, Robert can finally do that collaboration with Jack White, that he has been dreaming of recently!

I think that was possibly the best gig I have ever been to in my life, loads of great versions of Led Zeppelin songs, a few from the new LP and a couple of surprises thrown in, a brilliant version of Spoonful for one. Plant was in great form too, telling the guitarist to get his hair cut and referring to the crowd as 'old f***ers' on numerous occasions.

An absolutely tremendous night, my wife even had a tear in her eye when they played Going to California.

I think that was possibly the best gig I have ever been to in my life, loads of great versions of Led Zeppelin songs, a few from the new LP and a couple of surprises thrown in, a brilliant version of Spoonful for one. Plant was in great form too, telling the guitarist to get his hair cut and referring to the crowd as 'old f***ers' on numerous occasions.

An absolutely tremendous night, my wife even had a tear in her eye when they played Going to California.

Glad you and your wife had a great night :peace: Did he do Stolen Kiss or Song To The Siren?

That's the spirit, Mook! Glad but not surprised in the least that you and Mrs. Mook had such a great time :)

I saw him a few weeks ago in Denver, Co and it was the best I have ever seen him. The band is awesome and I like a lot of the new songs. Spoonful was great live, I remember the breakdown groove they had going on

Glad you and your wife had a great night :peace: Did he do Stolen Kiss or Song To The Siren?

He didn't do either of those songs, I was expecting them to play Stolen Kiss but I didn't come away disappointed despite the song's omission.

From memory he played, Little maggie, Rainbow, Embrace another Fall, Turn it Up & Arbaden from the new LP.

Love hearing this.I think it's always interesting to see a group in the later stages of a tour. It gets better and better.

Me, too, when he played Going to California!

LedZepNews has posted a really good interview with him. (http://thequietus.com/articles/16726-robert-plant-interview)

I think the key to Robert is he and his music remain interesting because he is so interested in the world. Yes, of music, but beyond that.

Love hearing this.I think it's always interesting to see a group in the later stages of a tour. It gets better and better.

LedZepNews has posted a really good interview with him. (http://thequietus.com/articles/16726-robert-plant-interview)

I think the key to Robert is he and his music remain interesting because he is so interested in the world. Yes, of music, but beyond that.

This is a really good interview. I think this is the most interesting piece I have read about him in quit some time. He seems like someone who would be very interesting and entertaining to sit and talk with, either musical or non-musical topics. I especially like his answer about fans who disapprove of his current musical direction. It's a really goo quote.

" If you want to have an interesting night with some great players and a sense of humour, then come and see us. We're one of the best bands on the planet. For real! You have to have the mentality to be ready for something and embrace it or f@#k off."

I love seeing this side of him: chest out, chin up, incisors showing, and letting out a growl. Sometimes you've gotta remind them you still have a bite. Robert draws a clear line in the sand for those who can't accept that he's not the guy they want him to be or can't accept that he does his own thing his own way.

^^ Agree:-) They were great when I saw them last year.

Great interview..enjoy:-)

Robert Plant Sound Opinions interview uncut and unedited- interview between Robert Plant, Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot.

Great interview, indeed, thanks for sharing. I'm struck by my how many musicians Robert mentions that I've never heard of in just about every discussion. It's a great way to find out about new music. Also, there's some good insights about listening and staying true to what moves your heart without it being cheesy. It takes some strength and not a little endurance to go your own way, but if you venture out and stay open, there's so much that is interesting and worth responding to outside of the confining borders within or without.

Apparently there will be follow up albums to lullaby... Oh yeah!

Archived