Teased and Confused

Lady Goodman

Teased and Confused

Robert Plant’s 59-year-old hair doesn’t look all that different from his 19-year-old hair.

By Aja Mangum

New York Magazine

Published Dec 17, 2007

planthair071224_560.jpg

(Photo: Henry Diltz/Corbis; Zak Hussein/Retna)

Rick Wellman, Color director, Patrick Melville Salon

Two words: double process! It’s well done. He resembles a hairstylist and not a rock star. The base color looks natural, but if he would’ve allowed more of the gray to come through, like in his facial hair, it would suit him more. He should keep up the highlights, but the base could stand to be closer to his natural shade.

Carlos Vega, Creative director, Patrick Melville Salon

His hair hasn’t changed in 25 years, bangs and all. The only difference now is that he’s using more advanced products. He probably used the Kérastase Oléo-Curl, the only product I know of that could tame his frizz. He definitely scrunched the product into his wet hair and dried with a diffuser; no air-drying. If only he used a curling iron—it would have been a lot prettier.

Liam Carey, Senior stylist, Ted Gibson

Robert probably used a firm-hold gel and scrunched to set, with a simple air-dry to achieve that defined, slightly crunchy masculine-rocker-chic look. He is putting Rod Stewart to shame with this do! If he could turn back time, he could do Cher! For a more bouncy, fuller look, he may do the diffuser-scrunch combo.

James Vides, Stylist, Sally Hershberger Downtown

Robert definitely uses a wave- enhanced shampoo and conditioner to relax his curly locks. After washing and carefully towel- drying his hair, he puts in a curl-relaxing cream in order to tame the fly-aways and to create the perfect curls. He takes his diffuser and carefully scrunches every section of hair until the hair is completely dry. For the finishing touch, Robert takes small pieces of hair around his face and curls them with a one-eighth-inch curling iron.

Michael Foster,General manager, Ted Gibson

His hair should obviously be a salt-pepper mix; look at his beard. He has a base color of ash brown, with most likely a foiled highlight. * It’s a fabulous rock-star look that says, “I don’t care, I made my mark. I can do what I want!”

Valery Joseph, Salon owner

His curls are a body wave, [with] layers throughout. Hair is blow-dried with a diffuser, so as not to frizz the curl. Then, a small-barreled curling iron is used as needed, but some of Robert’s strands are simply curled around a finger. Finally, a nice curl cream is scrunched throughout for all-tour hold.

Rodolfo Valentin, Stylist and salon owner

Robert Plant definitely has a perm. I call this the mucho-mousse-and-gel look. He used a diffuser; if not, his hair with that perm would look like something out of Lion King. Since he’s known for having long, golden locks for decades, I’d suggest that he try some extensions. He could have a mane of hair like he did in the sixties.

* B)

Teased and Confused

Robert Plant’s 59-year-old hair doesn’t look all that different from his 19-year-old hair.

planthair071224_560.jpg

Robert Plant definitely has a perm. I call this the mucho-mousse-and-gel look. He used a diffuser; if not, his hair with that perm would look like something out of Lion King. Since he’s known for having long, golden locks for decades, I’d suggest that he try some extensions. He could have a mane of hair like he did in the sixties.

* B)

Its pretty obvious he has a perm. I've wondered how he managed to have such lovely permed and colored hair. I color my hair but no perm because both together can ruin your hair. As far as looking like something out the Lion King, well he already does. :D Nothing wrong with that though. Kind of reminds me of Aslan from the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe too. B)

Its pretty obvious he has a perm. I've wondered how he managed to have such lovely permed and colored hair. I color my hair but no perm because both together can ruin your hair. As far as looking like something out the Lion King, well he already does. :D Nothing wrong with that though. Kind of reminds me of Aslan from the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe too. B)

No matter what Robert is still sexy and hot, even at 59. He can warm my sheets any time, and I'm married.

Teased and Confused

By Aja Mangum

New York Magazine

Published Dec 17, 2007

planthair071224_560.jpg

Rick Wellman, Color director, Patrick Melville Salon

Two words: double process! It’s well done. He resembles a hairstylist and not a rock star. The base color looks natural, but if he would’ve allowed more of the gray to come through, like in his facial hair, it would suit him more. He should keep up the highlights, but the base could stand to be closer to his natural shade.

Carlos Vega, Creative director, Patrick Melville Salon

His hair hasn’t changed in 25 years, bangs and all. The only difference now is that he’s using more advanced products. He probably used the Kérastase Oléo-Curl, the only product I know of that could tame his frizz. He definitely scrunched the product into his wet hair and dried with a diffuser; no air-drying. If only he used a curling iron—it would have been a lot prettier.

Liam Carey, Senior stylist, Ted Gibson

Robert probably used a firm-hold gel and scrunched to set, with a simple air-dry to achieve that defined, slightly crunchy masculine-rocker-chic look. He is putting Rod Stewart to shame with this do! If he could turn back time, he could do Cher! For a more bouncy, fuller look, he may do the diffuser-scrunch combo.

James Vides, Stylist, Sally Hershberger Downtown

Robert definitely uses a wave- enhanced shampoo and conditioner to relax his curly locks. After washing and carefully towel- drying his hair, he puts in a curl-relaxing cream in order to tame the fly-aways and to create the perfect curls. He takes his diffuser and carefully scrunches every section of hair until the hair is completely dry. For the finishing touch, Robert takes small pieces of hair around his face and curls them with a one-eighth-inch curling iron.

Michael Foster,General manager, Ted Gibson

His hair should obviously be a salt-pepper mix; look at his beard. He has a base color of ash brown, with most likely a foiled highlight. * It’s a fabulous rock-star look that says, “I don’t care, I made my mark. I can do what I want!”

Valery Joseph, Salon owner

His curls are a body wave, [with] layers throughout. Hair is blow-dried with a diffuser, so as not to frizz the curl. Then, a small-barreled curling iron is used as needed, but some of Robert’s strands are simply curled around a finger. Finally, a nice curl cream is scrunched throughout for all-tour hold.

* B)

to quote my favorite and best teacher, my English teacher

"way sad. sad totally. sad totally to the max." :lol:

his hair is amazing not matter what these stylists say

Teased and Confused

* B)

to quote my favorite and best teacher, my English teacher

"way sad. sad totally. sad totally to the max."

This guy thinks Plant had a perm, thats sad. I doubt it. plant has amazing hair.

I highly doubt his hair is permed. I have curly hair and it pretty much looks like his, only dark. Hair can naturally look like that and it's quite frankly a pain in the ass to deal with haha.

Anyway, the only complaint I have is that his little goatee thing looks pretty bad because it's gray while his hair is pretty much entirely blonde. It's a bad contrast and it makes him look older.

I highly doubt his hair is permed. I have curly hair and it pretty much looks like his, only dark. Hair can naturally look like that and it's quite frankly a pain in the ass to deal with haha.

Anyway, the only complaint I have is that his little goatee thing looks pretty bad because it's gray while his hair is pretty much entirely blonde. It's a bad contrast and it makes him look older.

:rolleyes:

I even like his grey goatee, it looks really cool. Everybody knows that his hair is coloured so I see no problem if the goatee is grey. I love him with every hair colour...

I love Robert's hair.I love Jimmy's

Haha I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend any of you. :P

Personally I think he still looks great, goatee or not, but I'm not a huge fan of facial hair in general. I don't think his goatee from the early 70s looked very good either. I'm just your typical young woman today I guess. I don't think we're as fond of facial hair as the last generation, in general of course. My mom is obsessed with beards and she wishes my dad would grow one again, and I think he should shave his mustache and say heck no to the beard.

Of course it could just be me. I'm kinda weird. I don't know why I'm talking about this anyway. I have a ten-page paper due an hour that I'm not even close to being done with haha. Tootles.

I highly doubt his hair is/was permed. I myself have uncontrolably curly hair. It's pretty much the way Roberts hair was in the '70 RAH show. Mega poofy! I have got a perm before and the reason for that since someone was wondering is, to relax the curls. I have a very tight curl and you can sort of reverse the curl by making them bigger .. if your lucky anyways. Didn't work for me! But anyways, Roberts a great performer, curly hair or not :)

Archived