2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Its going to take time to figure out who is playing where? The Cavs are pretty much being considered a lock in the East. It was not that long ago their fans had to sit through watching "the Decision". Now he comes back and all is forgiven. The public has short memory. I heard that a few times before. The West will still be a dog fight. OKC has to worry about keeping their head above water until KD returns. They may be good enough to stay in contention until then? Maybe. But the West is tougher than the East. I think this is the year the Clippers get there. They are deep and tough. Golden St is another with a shot. And I do think age will catch up to San Anton. Time waits for no one. I wonder how the T Wolves will do now that Love is gone? They got Wiggins. They could be better than people realize. Maybe they sneak into that 8 seed? Lakers? Cough. Sorry Strider. I loved them when they had Jerry West. Am I forgetting anyone? How about the Knicks? Do you think Phil Jackson will have a beer with Spike Lee? Maybe he will wear one. Why would Jackson piss off a devote season ticket holder and fan and face of the fan base? Don't get me wrong. I think he gets way too much press. Spike I mean. Has Phill put them in contention?

OKC has to worry about keeping their head above water until KD returns.

They'll be ok, he won't be gone that long.

I think this is the year the Clippers get there. They are deep and tough.

Meh. Most people say they aren't tough enough. (Myself included) :bubble: Should be interesting to see how they come back from the whole Donald Sterling thing though.

And I do think age will catch up to San Anton. Time waits for no one.

We've been saying that for years! (Myself included) Dunno man, they actually seem to be building a nice core of young players.

My surprise team=N.O. Pelicans

Well sports fans, tomorrow we have the opening of the NBA season and that very rare time of year when all 4 of the major sports will be in action at the same time.. NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA. Pig out.

So who do you all like? The Toronto Raptors are being picked across the board to win their division. But the two teams the East will come down to according to experts like Stephen A Smith will be Cleveland and Chicago. Miami is also expected to remain tough. The West as usual has more quality teams. I will be interested in the Clippers, Golden St, and how OKC can survive time without Durant. I wonder if the T Wolves will fall off the face of the Earth after losing Kevin Love or if the compensation could make them even better? I know the Lakers will likely suck. The Knicks have turmoil on and off the court. Any sleepers folks?

^^^

"...experts like Stephan A. Smith..."? :hysterical: You slay me, Rick.

Steve Nash hurt himself carrying groceries...or was it the bags of cash the Lakers are paying him to basically do nothing? Out for the entire goddamn season!!! Not that he has much left in the tank to begin with. But it's just another nail in the coffin of this season that is practically over before it begins as far as the Lakers are concerned.

What a mess. :mad:

^^^

"...experts like Stephan A. Smith..."? :hysterical: You slay me, Rick.

Steve Nash hurt himself carrying groceries...or was it the bags of cash the Lakers are paying him to basically do nothing? Out for the entire goddamn season!!! Not that he has much left in the tank to begin with. But it's just another nail in the coffin of this season that is practically over before it begins as far as the Lakers are concerned.

What a mess. :mad:

Yeah Strider, the guy is fun to listen to. And your Lakers should be much funnier than my posts. Do yourself a favor and trade those Lakers tickets in for Clippers tickets. Because I assure you the Clippers are better.

Did someone say something? Something upthread about the Spurs?? ;)

Yes. Those old dinosaurs are gonna get spanked

I was one of the many who thought they were old and boring all these years, but I've finally come around on them. Like I said earlier they seem to be building a nice core of young players. (Leonard, Green, Splitter, etc.) Don't see them fading anytime soon.

...can you guys hear me ok in here? :P:unsure:

I can see your posts. Were you having some troubles with the site?

I think ol' Sath was thinking we'd overlooked his earlier post where he also made that point about the Spurs...

OKC has to worry about keeping their head above water until KD returns.

They'll be ok, he won't be gone that long.

I think this is the year the Clippers get there. They are deep and tough.

Meh. Most people say they aren't tough enough. (Myself included) :bubble: Should be interesting to see how they come back from the whole Donald Sterling thing though.

And I do think age will catch up to San Anton. Time waits for no one.

We've been saying that for years! (Myself included) Dunno man, they actually seem to be building a nice core of young players.

My surprise team=N.O. Pelicans

Raps season opener tomorrow. Pretty much the only Toronto sports team I don't have to wear a bag over my head to admit cheering for.

Jays? Yankees payroll and not even their results.

TFC? lol

Argos? Don't follow.

Leafs? lol wut I don't even... at least they're on their way to getting coach Carlisle fired, so that's a positive of sorts...

LBJ is noticeably smaller. So is DWade. In other news, Adam Silver will be implementing new drug testing rules.

Leonard had an amazing post-season. Now he's negotiating for a MAX contract. Hmm... no home team discount? That's an amazing system to be a part of; grass isn't always greener. Hopefully he stays with the Spurs at a price that allows the team to build well after Duncan and Parker retire. Peter Holt is not one of these idiot owners - shout-out to Dolan! - who throws money around on players who aren't worth it. Speaking of the Knicks, it'll be entertaining watching Bargnani learn a new system. And play defence. And rebound.

Raps predictions: 1st in division, 3rd or 4th in conference. Bold, but I'm an all-in fan, and we've got momentum.

Raps season opener tomorrow. Pretty much the only Toronto sports team I don't have to wear a bag over my head to admit cheering for.

Jays? Yankees payroll and not even their results.

TFC? lol

Argos? Don't follow.

Leafs? lol wut I don't even... at least they're on their way to getting coach Carlisle fired, so that's a positive of sorts...

LBJ is noticeably smaller. So is DWade. In other news, Adam Silver will be implementing new drug testing rules.

Leonard had an amazing post-season. Now he's negotiating for a MAX contract. Hmm... no home team discount? That's an amazing system to be a part of; grass isn't always greener. Hopefully he stays with the Spurs at a price that allows the team to build well after Duncan and Parker retire. Peter Holt is not one of these idiot owners - shout-out to Dolan! - who throws money around on players who aren't worth it. Speaking of the Knicks, it'll be entertaining watching Bargnani learn a new system. And play defence. And rebound.

Raps predictions: 1st in division, 3rd or 4th in conference. Bold, but I'm an all-in fan, and we've got momentum.

They are being picked across the board to win their division. I have to see them play some good teams to really rate them. The Lakers tonight getting 6 1/2 at home to Houston. The Rockets should bury them but have been known to be lazy. I am waiting til tomorrow for a full schedule, lots of games to take a shot

OK, lets step up to the plate boys and girls. Lets have your picks.

Mine:

East: Cleveland over Chicago (Toronto gets in and makes noise, but falls short)

West: LA Clippers over Golden St Warriors (in a real war-OKC will have to play extended time without two of their main guys including Durant. The Spurs in my book are too old even though they have a good foundation of young players. Golden St is the sleeper to me. Curry and Lee can really turn it on. Curry I heard is the all time 3 point leader? Of course that stat is so misleading. If there had been a 3 point shot when Rick Barry and Julius Erving played, God knows the damage they would have done. Barry scored 74 in a game I believe. Chamberlain's 100 will never be equaled. Jerry West would have had a ton of 3's also

Finals LA Clippers over Cleveland

My Picks:

East: Heat over Cavs

West: Spurs over Clippers

NBA Finals: Spurs over Heat (again)....

My Picks:

East: Heat over Cavs

West: Spurs over Clippers

NBA Finals: Spurs over Heat (again)....

What have you been smokin Paul? You think Lebron and Love are going to get knocked out by Wade? What else do they have?

Well, we still have D-Wade of course, and Bosh, Chalmers, Norris Cole, Haslem, Luol Deng, etc, etc. I think the Heat are pretty deep--plus we still have your favorite player, the Bird Man. I can be optimistic about this coming season...

:P

That nut case covered in jail house tats? He just puts the fear in me. Not. Haslem? Ha. I think the Raptors can beat them

Archived