2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

I'm not going to bury Cleveland just yet, but Love's injury does open up the East a little. Maybe even give hope to Les Boulez.

Sorry, Patrycja, that Toronto let you down again. That's the heartbreak that comes with following sports. Maybe the Blue Jays can carry the Toronto flag better.

Thanks, Strider, but given that the Jays haven't been in the post season in about 20 years or so, I think I'll just enjoy the ride into the sunset as far as they can go lol

p.s. THIS is the guy the Raps lost to: https://vine.co/v/ezttEPM33jn :hysterical: you can't make this stuff up... Back to the drawing board lol

I am not so sure about that Pat. Cleveland seems to have better chemistry without Love. Lebron and Irving can take down any team. I still say Clippers and Warriors go 7 and the winner of that plays Cleveland and it goes 7. Strider has no comment on the Clippers. He had expected to come on here today and rub my nose in their demise. NOT.

Raptors took a step at least. And they are at least not the money burning NY Dicks. Paying that overpaid ex drummer for the Dead Heads that likely is till smokin the gonge rather than putting a team together. Yeah, the overated, overpaid and overmedicated Phil Jackwagon

Well when Love began with them, there were issues in terms of getting everyone to adjust their games to play well together. Love was the offensive focal point of his previous team, and needed time to gel in his new role. Nobody's going to be the #1 option on a LeBron team, so even Irving had to adjust. While I think it took less time for Irving and LBJ to make that connection (LBJ had a similar crafty, fast player in Miami with Wade), Love eventually fit in.

Even though it opens the game up for LBJ and Irving, overtime, it also puts more pressure on them, and coaches can better adjust to shutting down the ball distributor to one key guy rather than two. So depending on who their opponents are, they'll get away with it for a while, but if they need a low post presence, without Love they're in trouble; Love is good inside and a threat outside, too. It is a loss, no doubt. I don't think the Cavs, overall, are deep enough to overcome what's going to come at them from the West, that's if they get out of the East. If they do, they should consider it a successful season.

We'll see what team will be left standing in the West, but if there's one advantage that the East team will have, it's that the West teams will have beaten each other to the bone for the privilege of being the last team standing in the conference and playing for the finals.

I've learned to "never count the Spurs out". This has been the best series in the west so far!

Agreed. The bias Warriors fan in me wants the Clippers to win it in game 7. But the less bias basketball fan in me would love to see a Golden State vs. San Antonio Western Conference Final. A sort of, Old Guard vs. New Guard of the west.

Yikes, it's hard not get ahead of myself here. Warriors are patiently waiting for the Trialblazers and Grizz to wrap it up.

It's not so much Kevin Love's scoring that Cleveland will miss as they move forward, it is Love's awareness of spacing and hustle on the boards. Especially if they play Chicago, who like to clog the middle with their four big men.

With Love camped out on the perimeter, it affected Chicago's style of play. That is why Cleveland was 3-0 versus Chicago with Love in the lineup and 0-1 without Love.

Of course, if Chicago doesn't get its act together, it'll be Milwaukee that Cleveland faces.

Right now I am just waiting to see how hard Adam Silver drops the hammer on Cleveland's JR Smith. Will it be a light 2 game suspension or will it be a 5-gamer?

Cleveland being without Love and JR Smith for the next round will change the Vegas odds drastically.

It's not so much Kevin Love's scoring that Cleveland will miss as they move forward, it is Love's awareness of spacing and hustle on the boards. Especially if they play Chicago, who like to clog the middle with their four big men.

With Love camped out on the perimeter, it affected Chicago's style of play. That is why Cleveland was 3-0 versus Chicago with Love in the lineup and 0-1 without Love.

Of course, if Chicago doesn't get its act together, it'll be Milwaukee that Cleveland faces.

Right now I am just waiting to see how hard Adam Silver drops the hammer on Cleveland's JR Smith. Will it be a light 2 game suspension or will it be a 5-gamer?

Cleveland being without Love and JR Smith for the next round will change the Vegas odds drastically.

Cleveland will destroy anyone in the East without Kevin Love. Love will be ready for the finals say the doctors. Lebron and Irving will murder either Chicago or Milsquakee. I watched about ten minutes of that last night and I can shoot the ball better from a wheelchair than those idiots. Worst shooting teams I think I have ever seen. And the Atlanta Hawks all of a sudden do not look so good. Cleveland is far better than anyone in the East. They may need Kevin to win the title though vs the Western team that will be far more imposing. I say either Clippers or Golden St. I do give Golden St the edge but LA has given them trouble

The Clippers and Doc Rivers must not allow Andre Jordan to get the ball unless he is under the basket in the paint. Or its going to be "hack a Shaq" big time as Popovich's game plan. The guy needs to sink a couple free throws. Its incredible how bad these guys can be. Chris Paul and Blake have to be big. I like the Clippers tonight. and Doc's son is really impressing me

Great game last night! But I think the Clippers got burned on a few calls, I hate to see the refs control the outcome of such important games.

The Clippers shot more free throws than the Spurs, chef. The Spurs were a good 28-37 from the line, while the Clippers were an abysmal 26-42! Make a damn free throw Clippers!

The lasting image of this game, though, was Blake Griffin getting snuffed by Tim Duncan at point-blank range when the game was on the line. Duncan came thru, as he usually does. Griffin didn't.

In the 4th quarter, Blake Griffin was 1-9 from the field, missed both his free throws, had three turnovers, and of course had that crucial shot blocked by Duncan and then had the ball stolen from him in the last two minutes.

The Spurs have championship mettle. The Clippers do not.

ebk, your Wiz are going to be rusty by the time this Nets-Hawks series is over and the second round can begin.

Billy Donovan has signed on to become the next head coach of the Thunder--of course, the NBA and NFL landscape is littered with college coaches who failed when they took jobs at the highest level; time will tell whether Donovan is the next.

I'm going to try and see if I can stay up late enough to take in Spurs and Clippers tonight...

Billy Donovan has signed on the become the next head coach of the Thunder--of course, the NBA and NFL landscape is littered with college coaches who failed when they took jobs at the highest level; time will tell whether Donovan is the next.

I'm going to try and see if I can stay up late enough to take in Spurs and Clippers tonight...

Time will also tell if Kevin Durant will buy into Donovan enough to want to remain in OKC. He says positive things now of course, but it will be interesting to see what happens if the Thunder struggle again in conjunction with a new coach.

Donovan apparently talked to Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka before accepting the job. We'll see how he fares, but the NBA is littered with the crushed bones of college coaches. Even Rick Pitino couldn't make the transition. We'll see, but it's an interesting direction...

I want Thibs to coach the Raps, but right now, at the end of the 3rd Q, it's Bulls 91 - Bucks 52 :o Woa!!! Sounds like Thibs threatened life and limb for generations. Finally the Bulls are playing like a Thibs team. Too bad for the Raps...for now (I hope).

Can't wait for the Spurs - Clips game!

Clippers baby

Yes, they finally showed some gumption in beating the Spurs in San Antonio. Now it's back to LA for a game 7...where San Antonio has won the last two games played in L.A.

Best series of the playoffs so far, as most people predicted. Who doesn't love a Game 7? Bring it on...I'll definitely be watching this instead of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight now.

Yes, they finally showed some gumption in beating the Spurs in San Antonio. Now it's back to LA for a game 7...where San Antonio has won the last two games played in L.A.

Best series of the playoffs so far, as most people predicted. Who doesn't love a Game 7? Bring it on...I'll definitely be watching this instead of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight now.

I sure hope the Clippers beat them. They should. I cannot imagine the Clippers losing 3 st at home. They have been tough to beat there. They are younger and faster. They need to win this game. If they do, they will give Golden st hell. IMO they are the only team that could beat Golden St

I sure hope the Clippers beat them. They should. I cannot imagine the Clippers losing 3 st at home. They have been tough to beat there. They are younger and faster. They need to win this game. If they do, they will give Golden st hell. IMO they are the only team that could beat Golden St

The Clippers would first have to get past Houston before they play Golden State. Houston will be rested and ready for the next round while the thin Clippers got even thinner with the loss of Glen Davis. Houston will be tough...Harden is a monster.

The NBA was smart moving the start time up for today's Game 7 so it doesn't conflict with the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Originally the two would have conflicted but now the game should be over before the fight starts....unless it goes to overtime.

The Clippers would first have to get past Houston before they play Golden State. Houston will be rested and ready for the next round while the thin Clippers got even thinner with the loss of Glen Davis. Houston will be tough...Harden is a monster.

The NBA was smart moving the start time up for today's Game 7 so it doesn't conflict with the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Originally the two would have conflicted but now the game should be over before the fight starts....unless it goes to overtime.

Chris Paul injured one minute in. Somehow they are still only down 1 as I type but if Paul cannot return it may be over

Went to break up 1. But without Chris Paul, big big trouble

What a game! What a win!!!! Clippers can get it done now. They have beaten one of the big 3. They will beat Houston. Golden st? Another war. But they may have to sit Chris Paul one game to recover? It wont hurt them. They can beat Houston. Cleveland is still going to be hell though

Seems like I missed one hell of a Game 7--congrats Rick and any other Clippers fans who may be reading this. Knocking off the big, bad Spurs, well done... :bravo:

Paul, you must see the highlights. What a game. I could not believe the Clippers could not grab an offensive rebound in fourth quarter until the end. Chris Paul is one clutch player. Hit the game winner with one tick left! Great win! The Buffalo Braves live!! Next stop Houston!

:party:

Archived