2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Soooo...which #1 seed is in worse trouble, Atlanta or Golden State?

I think Atlanta. Hell, I cannot even say "#1 seed Atlanta" with a straight face. Les Boulez will shoot down the Hawks...with or without Hall.

Whatever advantage Chicago had with Cleveland missing Kevin Love and JR Smitt was neutralized with Pau Gasol's injury. If Gasol can't play, Chicago will lose this series.

Refs bailed out Cleveland twice in the closing seconds. First, by not calling a T on Cleveland's coach for trying to call a timeout when they had none to call. Chicago should have had a free throw. Then, when the refs went to video review that essentially gave Cleveland a free timeout to draw up a play at the end.

Dwight Howard and Houston...what a joke. And we're seeing the low-basketball IQ of Houston reveal itself. Why they aren't doing more to pressure Chris Paul is baffling. The Hack-a-DJ not only isn't working (Clippers are up 3-1), it is killing the game. That first half was excruciating to watch. Thank goodness I was watching on Tivo and could fast-forward thru all the foolishness. In actual time, however, it took an hour and a half for the first half to be completed.

I think the biggest surprise to me is how well the Clippers bench has been playing. I have never seen the Clippers bench step up in the playoffs the way these guys have...Rivers, Redick, Crawford, Big Baby, Barnes. They're all making plays at the right times, giving the starters invaluable rest, especially Chris Paul coming back from his hammy injury.

I guess all that remains is whether Houston has the will and heart left to win at home to at least force a game 6. Or will Houston fold like a cheap house of cards?

Whatever advantage Chicago had with Cleveland missing Kevin Love and JR Smitt was neutralized with Pau Gasol's injury. If Gasol can't play, Chicago will lose this series.

Refs bailed out Cleveland twice in the closing seconds. First, by not calling a T on Cleveland's coach for trying to call a timeout when they had none to call. Chicago should have had a free throw. Then, when the refs went to video review that essentially gave Cleveland a free timeout to draw up a play at the end.

Dwight Howard and Houston...what a joke. And we're seeing the low-basketball IQ of Houston reveal itself. Why they aren't doing more to pressure Chris Paul is baffling. The Hack-a-DJ not only isn't working (Clippers are up 3-1), it is killing the game. That first half was excruciating to watch. Thank goodness I was watching on Tivo and could fast-forward thru all the foolishness. In actual time, however, it took an hour and a half for the first half to be completed.

I think the biggest surprise to me is how well the Clippers bench has been playing. I have never seen the Clippers bench step up in the playoffs the way these guys have...Rivers, Redick, Crawford, Big Baby, Barnes. They're all making plays at the right times, giving the starters invaluable rest, especially Chris Paul coming back from his hammy injury.

I guess all that remains is whether Houston has the will and heart left to win at home to at least force a game 6. Or will Houston fold like a cheap house of cards?

I am not so sure if they fold as much as the Clippers are just plain good. Blake is playing out of his mind. Chris is not 100 percent right now but should be before the next series. The Clippers end this in Houston on Tues says I. What is Houston going to do? They cannot shoot from the outside other than Harden here and there. Howard is not going to beat DJ down low on offense. Let them keep fouling him and making assholes out of themselves. They ruin the integrity of the game. DJ is better at the line than Shaq was. If he shoots over 50 percent they win. How about that shot by Lebron? Nuts. Chicago is going to get fried. They never have impressed me. Bad shooting team. I think Atlanta or Wizards could beat them at full strenth. I expect Atlanta to win today. Golden State has a huge one. I am a bit shocked they are 5 point favorites in Vegas. I only took them money line. and Atlanta money line. I do not see anyone beating these Clippers. This is theirs to win.

Go Hawks and go Warriors!

ESPN today compared the Houston Rockets defense to that of the Kentucky Colonels of the old ABA. LOL

I was thinking their defense was like the Washington Generals. Houston's getting punked.

We're working our connections for free tickets to Friday's game. We'll be there!

Come on now EBK, you should be at Camden Yards. LOL. Good luck but I think Atlanta will win because you lost your star player. Atlanta has not looked that good however. They have to regain that form they had a couple months ago or even if they beat Wash, its an early exit next round. I do not think Cleveland can be beaten in the East. A Clippers vs Golden St Western final will be the true NBA final and the best series. It will maybe go 7? Blake has my vote right now for MVP. Chris Paul will have to be in top form to beat Golden St. The Clippers can do it. But it wont be easy. It could be a classic series. First we need to beat these Washington Generals who are now in Houston. Roll their ass's tonight and send McHale back to where he belongs. This may be McHale's last game as a head coach. As for Memphis, man did they get spanked last night. They were exposed for what they are. A big, dirty, slow non shooting bunch of thugs.

Chicago Bulls doing their usual choke job. I sometimes wonder if the Derrick Rose Bulls will ever beat Lebron? If not this year, when? This was their best opportunity with Love being out for the series, JR Smith suspended for two games and Kyrie Irving hobbled.

It's the exact reverse situation from the 80s-90s, when Mark Price's Cavs could never get past Jordan's Bulls.

^ Good memory! Man, is the East weak or what? Cleveland would've swept right through, if they were at full strength. Only a team from the West can stop them now, I'm afraid...

^ Good memory! Man, is the East weak or what? Cleveland would've swept right through, if they were at full strength. Only a team from the West can stop them now, I'm afraid...

You are correct and I do not believe that Cleveland has the supporting cast to beat either the Clippers or Golden St. Lebron does not have enough help. Losing Love was huge. If they manage to win with what they have I will be shocked. I believe that the winner of the Clippers and Warriors series will be the eventual champion. And that should be an incredible high scoring series. I am confident the Warriors will destroy Memphis tonight and that the Clippers will bounce back and pound Houston and clinch. I feel better about Golden st covering the spread. Houston can shoot the ball better than Memphis. And Howard is better than Randolph or any other goon they can put out there.

Chicago should be embarrassed they are losing to this Cleveland team which resembles a MASH unit. Yeah, they are missing Pau Gasol and I knew that would deflate the Bulls chances, but still, it is painful to watch the Bulls play. Their offense is not even up to Cro-Magnon level. Coach Thibodeau is gone if the Bulls lose this series...he is one of those autocrats that have to call a million plays that have ruined basketball.

Riddle me this, Batman...you are playing a team in Cleveland that is depleted through injuries and suspensions. Common sense tells you that to take advantage of Cleveland's lack of depth, you push the ball and pressure them at every opportunity, tire out their legs. So what does Coach Twinkletoe have Chicago do? Walk the ball ponderously up the court as he barks out another stupid play. Thus allowing Cleveland to set their defense and not tax their energy.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Clippers better win Game 6.

Chicago should be embarrassed they are losing to this Cleveland team which resembles a MASH unit. Yeah, they are missing Pau Gasol and I knew that would deflate the Bulls chances, but still, it is painful to watch the Bulls play. Their offense is not even up to Cro-Magnon level. Coach Thibodeau is gone if the Bulls lose this series...he is one of those autocrats that have to call a million plays that have ruined basketball.

Riddle me this, Batman...you are playing a team in Cleveland that is depleted through injuries and suspensions. Common sense tells you that to take advantage of Cleveland's lack of depth, you push the ball and pressure them at every opportunity, tire out their legs. So what does Coach Twinkletoe have Chicago do? Walk the ball ponderously up the court as he barks out another stupid play. Thus allowing Cleveland to set their defense and not tax their energy.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Clippers better win Game 6.

They are 8 1/2 pt favorites in game 6 which will be at Staples. I say they close it out.

Clippers - Rockets game last night was crazy! I thought that the Clippers had it done! Wow a 40-15 fourth quarter! What happened?

Hopefully the Warriors get it done tonight...

If I'm a Bulls or Clippers fan, I am totally bewildered today over last night's events. Absolutely no intestinal fortitude shown by either team. Choking fucking dogs...balls shrinking up into their throats.

Chicago even had Gasol back and Cleveland's Irving going to the bench with another injury and they still got their asses reamed. Embarrassing.

As I said earlier, if Chicago couldn't beat Lebron in the playoffs this year, it will never happen. Thibodeau has to be fired...right?

As for the Clippers, the appearance of douchebag Sherrie Sterling put the hex back on the Clippers. All Sterling family members should be barred from the building.

Same old Clips...we've seen it a hundred times. The team does well enough to get their fanbase's hopes up and believing that this year is truly different. Then the Clips do their El Foldo act and crush their fans' hearts once again.

The fact that ex-Piston failure Josh Smith was the hero and that James Harden was sitting on the bench for the entire comeback beggars belief.

If I'm a Bulls or Clippers fan, I am totally bewildered today over last night's events. Absolutely no intestinal fortitude shown by either team. Choking fucking dogs...balls shrinking up into their throats.

Chicago even had Gasol back and Cleveland's Irving going to the bench with another injury and they still got their asses reamed. Embarrassing.

As I said earlier, if Chicago couldn't beat Lebron in the playoffs this year, it will never happen. Thibodeau has to be fired...right?

As for the Clippers, the appearance of douchebag Sherrie Sterling put the hex back on the Clippers. All Sterling family members should be barred from the building.

Same old Clips...we've seen it a hundred times. The team does well enough to get their fanbase's hopes up and believing that this year is truly different. Then the Clips do their El Foldo act and crush their fans' hearts once again.

The fact that ex-Piston failure Josh Smith was the hero and that James Harden was sitting on the bench for the entire comeback beggars belief.

Blowing a 19 point lead with Harden not being a factor is mind blowing. Especially when Houston could not hit any shots for the entire series and all of a sudden they shot the lights out in quarter 4. I say they cannot do it again. The Clippers are favored in Houston in game 7 by 1 1/2 and I believe they can win because they stepped up against a far better and more experienced San Antonio team. Do not count the Clippers out. They never lose 3 in a row. As for the Bulls, way overated. Monster game by Nova. James is just nuts on defense. I like Wash tonight. It was 30 all last time I checked and it looks like a game that will go to the wire. I just think this series must go 7. My W8 I have going on the Streak is on the line. A Wizards win gets me to 9. 31 more before the end of the month and I can move in with the Kardashians.

Archived