2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

^^^Good times chef free! Playoff games are fun...especially when your team wins. ;)

I don't know why, but I'm just not feeling excited about any of these two conference finals. The East plays ugly ball and I don't like either team. Cleveland will win a boring series.

In the West, I think most people think it's a foregone conclusion that Golden State will win. Houston might take a game or two, but this is all a preamble to Stephen Curry vs. Lebron.

Basketball is the sport you can rebuild faster than any other sport Strider. Case and point: Lew Alcindor/Kareem. Took Milwaukee to the top from the bottom. One year. Can happen. Because only 5 men on the court and they do not change like in hockey.

It might help when your first-round pick plays more than one game. Lakers lost Julian Randle for the entire season last year.

I didn't see the entire game, but I did catch the last 2 quarters--one hell of a game between the Rockets and Golden St. Series heading back to Houston now, so I wouldn't expect a sweep, but I have to think the Warriors will prevail in a minimum of 6....

Wow! What a game! I'm totally spun up, the excitement in that place was at a fever pitch. Playoff basketball is awesome to see live, we had seventh row seats right on the corner of the court

The W's let a 7 point lead slip away in the last minute but it came down to Harden's shot but Curry and Thompson swarmed him and he couldn't get the shot off.

Curry still doesn't get the calls, that charging call was a bad one! And Curry got fined for a "flop" just days before, I guess you got to make super star status to get the respect of NBA refs!

Wow! What a game! I'm totally spun up, the excitement in that place was at a fever pitch. Playoff basketball is awesome to see live, we had seventh row seats right on the corner of the court

The W's let a 7 point lead slip away in the last minute but it came down to Harden's shot but Curry and Thompson swarmed him and he couldn't get the shot off.

Curry still doesn't get the calls, that charging call was a bad one! And Curry got fined for a "flop" just days before, I guess you got to make super star status to get the respect of NBA refs!

How cool for you that your first experience was a great one...couldn't happen to a nicer fella. Did you wear the special shirt they leave on your seat for playoff games?

Is there any reason to watch Atlanta- Cleveland? I can't think of any. There isn't one player on Atlanta that is must-see...a player that you fear. Cleveland has Lebron, Golden State has Curry, Houston has Harden.

Generally, a team that is a championship contender has a player that you fear. Atlanta has nobody. Jeff Teague? Bwahahahahahaha. :hysterical:

How cool for you that your first experience was a great one...couldn't happen to a nicer fella. Did you wear the special shirt they leave on your seat for playoff games?

I've worn it for the last three days! Damn, what a game, that was easily the most exciting sporting event I've ever been to!

I've worn it for the last three days! Damn, what a game, that was easily the most exciting sporting event I've ever been to!

It could be your "Lucky Shirt" now!

My gawd...is the Eastern Conference horrible or what?!? It's even worse than I thought. Cleveland is cakewalking to the Finals and half their team is wounded. Sadlanta is offering up no resistance and they were at home, ferchrissakes. Pathetic.

It could be your "Lucky Shirt" now!

My gawd...is the Eastern Conference horrible or what?!? It's even worse than I thought. Cleveland is cakewalking to the Finals and half their team is wounded. Sadlanta is offering up no resistance and they were at home, ferchrissakes. Pathetic.

If you take Curry and Lebron out of lineups, GS would kill them. GS wins the final in 5 or 6. Houston picked a fine time to go back to their crap shooting. Why couldnt they do it in fourth vs Clippers. Rivers needs to be fired or they need get rid of Crawford and Barnes both.

It does seem like a Golden St/Cleveland NBA finals is set in stone now....

Yes and its a good final. The Clippers gave away their chance. I hope Golden st wins and i say they will. Lebron does not have the supporting cast IMO. If Love had been playing he could have been the difference and made it a series. I still think GS would win though. Irving must get better fast and be 100 percent. Not sure who covers Curry but its a daunting task. Even if you put Lebron on him, and I do not believe Lebron can keep up with him, then they sacrifice their paint game and Ellis, Green and Thomson can eat them up inside. Lebron is Lebron but Curry may be the bets 3 point shooter we have ever seen. Rick Barry, Julius Erving, Jordan and Bird were all great shots outside and of course so too Jerry West. But Curry has this ability to move fast and get shots off faster than anyone that has ever played the game. His accuracy is unequaled. GS has the deeper team around him than Lebron. Cleveland needs to sweep Atlanta so they can rest Irving. Houston is finished. Mentally and physically. The Clippers just sicken me. They beat San Anton and then fucking let a 19 pt lead slip away God knows how? Curry is fun to watch. I hope Golden st wins. They were always by second team since Rick Barry played for them. I loved Rick Barry and I wonder if he has any contact with the team? Go Warriors!!

These Conference Finals are boring as hell. With the Warriors and Cavs up 3-0, both are headed towards sweeps, and never in NBA history has there been two 4-0 sweeps in the Conference Finals during the same season. Also, no team in NBA history has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit. It has only been done once in baseball...the 2004 Boston Red Sox...and four times in the NHL, most recently by the L.A. Kings in 2014.

So, you can stick a fork in the Rockets and Hawks. Good riddance.

Ugghh. Blow out in Cleveland. Even the reserves are taking it to the Hawks. "Way to compete," Atlanta. I don't feel so bad about Toronto getting swept anymore. Complete cakewalk for the Cavs. Hopefully GSW rips into them in the Finals and the East gets stronger next year (I know I know, we've been waiting for years...)

Yeah Marv Albert just said what I was thinking, which is, when is the last time two rookie coaches led their teams to the finals? Is this the first time? Interesting sub-plot: experienced ex-NBAer vs. experienced international coach.

Bring on the Finals already...these Conference games are boring. How did Sadlanta get a #1 seed? I never bought into them during the regular season abd the playoffs exposed them as frauds.

The Lakers had three different rookie coaches take them to the NBA Finals...Paul Westhead, Pat Riley, and Mike Dunleavey. But I don't think both NBA Finals teams in one season have ever been coached by rookie coaches before.

Dirty ass fucking hack ass Howard and his hooligan fucking team. Toss them all. the bitches. Send em to hell Curry!!! Time to go home Houston. Warriors might be having 3 MRI's after this game. Dirty ass Houston. Hate the bastards.

Did Harden party the night before the game again? Thirteen turnovers? Off his foot late in the game as he dribbled up the court to try and bring the score down to single digits? Yikes...

Dream finals match-up for the NBA: Best player vs. MVP. I'm rooting for the Warriors.

I'm wondering how good an NBA Finals this will be between the Cavs and Warriors. My head tells me that the Warriors should win in 6, but I also hold no ill feelings toward LeBron--so if the Cavs do take home the trophy, all I can say is congrats....

A glorious night in Oakland. Hope the Dubs enjoy it tonight, then back to business tomorrow (which probably goes without saying). What i love most about this team is how they react when their backs are up against the wall. Curry goes out, Thompson takes over. Thompson goes out, Barnes takes over. Curry's game is off? Well, Curry just needs the defender to push him into the crowd while taking a 3 and boom!

Warriors have a week to stop the ears from bleeding, rest the shoulders, ice the left arms, and prepare to bring a goddamn championship to the Bay.

GO WARRIORS!

40 freaking years! Not since Rick Barry was swishing free throws underhanded against the Washington Bullets and Led Zeppelin was closing its five-night Earls Court run have the Warriors come within sniffing distance of the NBA Finals. Welcome back!

Rick Barry, of course, was the star of that 1974-75 Championship team. Jamaal "Silk" Wilkes was a rookie drafted out of UCLA, and after losing Nate Thurmond and Cazzie Russell during the summer of '74, the rest of the Warriors roster looked like this: Clifford Ray, Butch Beard, Charles Johnson, Derrek Dickey, George Johnson, Jeff Mullins, Phil Smith, Charles Dudley, Steve Bracey, Bill Bridges, and Frank Kendrick. Al Attles was the coach.

I haven't seen any TV shots of Rick Barry or Wilkes or others at these Warriors-Rockets games. I wonder if any of the old-timers will show up at the Finals?

I don't think the Warriors will sweep the Cavs like they did Les Boulez in 1975...it all depends on the health of Kyrie Irving. If he's 100% the Cavs could give the Warriors a tussle and possibly even win. But if Lebron has to go it alone, even if he scores 35 a game, Golden State's superior depth and shooting should prevail.

I will say this...if Lebron somehow does lead the Cavs to victory over the Warriors, I will swallow everything I have ever said before about Lebron and concede he is one of the all-time greats. I still won't like him, hehe.

GO WARRIORS!!!

P.S. Chef Free, I hope you can attend one of the games in person.

^ This after they attempted to block him from getting hired elsewhere because he refused to get traded. Firing a guy is one thing; threatening to wait until all other coaching positions are filled is another. Bulls brass are once again showing their character.

Totally expected...all the way back in November even. What I didn't expect was the scorched-earth way that Reinsdorf and the Chicago brass fired Thibs. They were very malicious in the way they hammered him...even having security watching him as he packed up his office. Very mean-spirited and petty on Chicago's part and it may come back to haunt them.

Archived