2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

My Heat are in danger of falling off the proverbial cliff--right now sitting at the #8 spot in the standings. So much for my bold prediction of them winning the East. It looks like I'll have to suffer through more misery with all my sports team--but those 2 championships were nice, just wish there would have been a shot at a few more...

those 2 championships were nice, just wish there would have been a shot at a few more...

They had a shot at 4, didn't they? I guess nobody stepped up to make the shots for LeBron in those series, like the two series they won....;):lol:

My Heat are in danger of falling off the proverbial cliff--right now sitting at the #8 spot in the standings. So much for my bold prediction of them winning the East. It looks like I'll have to suffer through more misery with all my sports team--but those 2 championships were nice, just wish there would have been a shot at a few more...

It could be worse. You could be me.

How about those Atlanta Hawks!!! Looking great. Hottest team in NBA

Going to see the Warriors tonight, I've got some row 8 seats (rows 1-5 are on the floor) right at the corner of the court! My head will be at rim height!

They are sure looking good, I have always liked them since the days of Rick Barry. Can you believe the Detroit Pistons have won 7 in a row? Yikes. I was going to take Atlanta to bury them on my Streak that is up to 7 but I reconsidered. Not taking Memphis without /Randolph either. I still think Atlanta is in such a groove they and Golden St would be the final if the playoffs started today. But they dont. That give Doc Rivers time to get a very talented Clippers team on track or they need to fire his ass.

The West is so deep this year--it seems like it's anybody's for the taking; although I still have this lingering thought that it won't be long before the Spurs rise up and take the whole thing, again... Would love to be proven wrong...

Oh you shall be proven wrong. They have shown the age already. Losing to several bad teams and that is not like them. I say they are toast. To me its Golden ST, Clippers, and Maybe Houston if they can learn to play as a unit. Howard is so damn inconsistent and no bench. Memphis is on the list too. Kerr has done one hell of a coaching job in GS. I still think the Clippers are the best. They smashed GS last meeting. They only beat themselves and get lazy as hell. I do not like Rivers.

I tell you, Atlanta is no joke

Did somebody earlier on this thread say the Knicks had a shot to contend? If they did, all I can is yikes....

If they did they should be committed. Although anything is possible in the woefully weak eastern conference.

Don't sleep on Memphis in the west. A Golden St. - Memphis Western Conference Final would not surprise me at all.

Haha, did you see KG head butt Dwight Howard? Man, it's like everyone hates Dwight. Good...fucking punk.

Can't say I'm surprised nor sad about the mess Cleveland is in right now...from the coach to Lebron to Kevin Love. This was a sham in the making from the moment Lebron turned his back on Miami. I'm laughing at the inevitability of it all...it is so perfect.

I actually was offered tix to see the Cavs play the Lakers earlier tonight but I passed. Watching Kobe and the Lakers these days is sad enough without having to watch them play another sad team.

Yeah, watching LeBron push his coach around was something, right?!?

He is such a loser, in pretty much every possible way....now his body is shutting down at what 30? PED's anyone? Self-proclaimed "King", my booty!!!! :lol:

Yes, it would appear the uncrowned Eastern Conference champs--at least before the season started--are not doing so well; but then again, being .500 in the East doesn't mean you still can't secure a playoff spot.

I have to imagine, whoever comes out of the West this year, that will be your NBA Champion...

Glad the Warriors finally lost to OKC, it fired them up for the 25 point blowout of the Rockets. The only team I'm really worrying about is Houston, I think the Spurs are over the hill. However it seems that the Clippers and the Trailblazers are coming on strong. Going to see the GS vs. Nuggets tomorrow.

Glad the Warriors finally lost to OKC, it fired them up for the 25 point blowout of the Rockets. The only team I'm really worrying about is Houston, I think the Spurs are over the hill. However it seems that the Clippers and the Trailblazers are coming on strong. Going to see the GS vs. Nuggets tomorrow.

How can one even think about basketball today? Hahaha. ;)

The Atlanta Hawks are for real folks. I say they play the Cavs for the East and right now I do not know if anyone can beat Atlanta. I still think the West will be Clippers vs Warriors. But back to the East, Chicago and Toronto are both good too. But right now Atlanta is on fire

The East is a 3 horse race. Atlanta who are simply nuts, Cleveland who are finally as advertised and Chicago who have really come on of late. The West is more complicated. Golden st has had a tremendous season so far and have hit a cold spell as of late. But how can a team keep it up for an entire season? Atlanta have done some job at staying hot. I believe the Clippers are major players because they have Golden St's number for one thing. San Antonio is showing their age and are having a ton of trouble. I am counting them out. Portland has their best unit in ages. They are a contender in my book no doubt. So the Clippers, Warriors, Portland and Houston to me are the front runners. Memphis and Dallas can be thrown in the mix but I think they are both just a touch below the top teams.

The East is a 3 horse race. Atlanta who are simply nuts, Cleveland who are finally as advertised and Chicago who have really come on of late. The West is more complicated. Golden st has had a tremendous season so far and have hit a cold spell as of late. But how can a team keep it up for an entire season? Atlanta have done some job at staying hot. I believe the Clippers are major players because they have Golden St's number for one thing. San Antonio is showing their age and are having a ton of trouble. I am counting them out. Portland has their best unit in ages. They are a contender in my book no doubt. So the Clippers, Warriors, Portland and Houston to me are the front runners. Memphis and Dallas can be thrown in the mix but I think they are both just a touch below the top teams.

Agreed! mix in Toronto too! I wonder if the Warriors can hang in there during play-off level pressure. Most of those guys are pretty young and very few have been in the finals...

Doc Rivers sucks. Did anyone see that hot chick ref last night? She called more technicals in five minutes on the Clippers than in a whole season. Unreal. Tonight we have a real good one. Golden State at Atlanta. Going with the Hawks only because of the 3000 mile flight for the Warriors. It usually takes West coast teams a day or two to adjust. I expect the Clippers to adjust tonight and beat the slumping Raptors.

Archived