Robert Plant & SSS Glastonbury 2014 BBC 4

JTM

Saw some youtube stuff from both Glastonbury and Pinkpop.

I have to say, I thought both were good performances, I too thought it had a bit of a Page/Plant Unledded feeling.

For me it worked, this blend of rock, folk and world music.

But going back to the question if there should be a Led zep reuniion, I for one am not sure if that would actually work.

I would hate it, if such a reunion would become a sort of "greatest hits show". Plant, Page and Jones are still fantastic musicians, I would not

like to see them become a caricatiure of themselves, legends like them do not deserve that.....

You know, there are many musicians who are in their 60's/early 70's who still are coming with new material, or who are finding ways to

revive their older material. I think Bruce Springsteen is an example of that, he brought Rage against the machine guitarist Tom Morello into the mix and

Tom somehow brought along fresh inspiration. Here's a question for you, do you think if Robert Plant and JImmy Page would actually get together, they would

be able to come up with fresh sounds/new ideas....? Going back to Bruce and Tom, I wonder what would happen if Page & Plant would get together with younger talents.....?

Greetz,

Maaike

• 4 weeks later...

I watched Plant's performance for the first time over the weekend & was very impressed, the version of Tin Pan Valley was absolutely brilliant & I'll be buying his new album when it comes out. If he wants to perform the Zeppelin stuff in this context then more power to him. Unfortunately a lot of people think the World revolves around them & that Led Zeppelin should do a tour so they get a chance to see them, well it's not going to happen folks. One of them is dead for a start.

I watched Plant's performance for the first time over the weekend & was very impressed, the version of Tin Pan Valley was absolutely brilliant & I'll be buying his new album when it comes out. If he wants to perform the Zeppelin stuff in this context then more power to him. Unfortunately a lot of people think the World revolves around them & that Led Zeppelin should do a tour so they get a chance to see them, well it's not going to happen folks. One of them is dead for a start.

Just watched the set after having seen him at Glastonbury Abbey at the weekend and I completely agree!

Whilst a Zeppelin reunion would obviously be great, I'd probably never manage to get a ticket if it happened and I agree with RP's quote that in a way it would be "all that is bad about corporate rock." I don't think he's being hypocritical by still playing the Zeppelin songs, he's never said he doesn't like the songs and I get the impression that he would play with Jimmy and Jonesy if there was a way of doing it that didn't involve playing huge stadiums and a huge fanfare surrounding it (and of course there isn't).

The new songs sound great and I can't wait for the new record. Says a lot about his stuff with Strange Sensation/Sensational Space Shifters that when I've seen them prior to an album release that the songs that left the biggest impression are the new ones!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived