2014-15 NHL Season

LedZeppfan77

Whew! What a second period!!! How are you doin' zepscoda? Got any fingernails left?

Looks like we're headed for another one-goal game. Which team wins is anybody's guess.

That was a great second period !

:o Mike Babcock. New Leafs coach. THANK YOU HOCKEY GODS!!! OH YEAH!!!!! :faint1::yay:

I'm kind of shocked the Leafs didn't muck it up...they actually did something right for a change. Hope it bodes well for your future, Patrycja.

I'm kind of shocked the Leafs didn't muck it up...they actually did something right for a change. Hope it bodes well for your future, Patrycja.

Well he is a Canuck. So of course he passed on the great Canadian/American city. There goes his winning ways. Now doomed to be a Leaf. When Jack Eichel comes a calling, he will remember he had the chance. He blew it. And wasted Pegula's time and money flying his sorry arse around on his private jet that he will never see again. The Sabres will be better than the Leafs next year, I guarantee it

I'm nervous... Very nervous

On another note, I'm happy for Leaf Nation, another step in the right direction.

Thanks! :D

lol same here, Strider. Seems like Buffalo was readying a presser for their Babcock announcement, but then in uncharacteristically Leaf fashion, they kept it all a secret and swooped in. I pray that this will lead to relevance and competing for the Cup eventually. Haven't been so confident in a coach since Burns and Quinn, but even more so now. Thanks for the well wishes :beer:

Well he is a Canuck. So of course he passed on the great Canadian/American city. There goes his winning ways. Now doomed to be a Leaf. When Jack Eichel comes a calling, he will remember he had the chance. He blew it. And wasted Pegula's time and money flying his sorry arse around on his private jet that he will never see again. The Sabres will be better than the Leafs next year, I guarantee it

They likely will be better next year, but this is a long-term success signing. Who knows what happened behind the scenes. Buffalo seemed to have the inside track and Leafs were supposed to be out of the running. Maybe Babs was just using Pegula to set the price bar, maybe the Leafs came in at the last second to raise it. All things being equal, if $50M was the reported offer from both, perhaps the length swayed him, or simply the challenge of being THE guy who finally delivers the Cup to Leafland. Say what you will about how much the Buds have sucked, it is a storied franchise and that still carries some weight, and this signing signals a serious change in culture and direction. 'Heavy is the crown' for both the Leafs and Babcock. Incredible pairing after a dramatic powerplay to achieve it.

Babcock does things his way. Any player thinking it doesn't apply to him will watch games or be shipped off. See ya, Kessel! FINALLY some strong, competent leadership.

I think Buffalo getting the second pick and now missing out on Babcock is some sort of karmic retribution. The hockey gods frown upon blatant tanking.

Looks like the Bolts have Henrik figured out. What in the world is that score? 5-5?! Stunning given the goalie talent. OT!

Wow Henrik let in a soft one.

Nash needs to sit a game out. He's invisible out on the ice. If he's not producing at all for so long, coach has to change the line-up.

Well how do you think Babcock will do up there? Is he going to turn things around? I know we are going to draft Jack Eichel and I cant wait

Well how do you think Babcock will do up there? Is he going to turn things around? I know we are going to draft Jack Eichel and I cant wait

I'm still kind of in elated shock, Rick. I haven't felt this happy about my team in a long time, even though we're going to be bad for a while longer. When you've made such a mess of things for so long, it takes a full tear down and rebuild. The foundation really began with Tim Leiweke (love the guy) who came in, cleaned house, and hired Shanny.

To have Babcock instill his system, playing the right way on both ends, and knowing that players who don't buy into it will not play is a huge shift in culture. They'll get rid of Kessel for sure, and Phaneuf most likely for picks/prospects that Babcock likes. They'll have to suffer through learning to grow and play together, but Babcock is a builder and has won at every level. AND because of his involvement in international play, he's got players from other teams who love to play for him (ie/ Stamkos), so his presence alone is a good recruitment tool for free agents. This is as good a chance at finally turning our fortunes around as we've had since the Quinn days, and then since '67 before that.

I'm not planning the parade route, but like a weary, thirsty desert traveler seeing an oasis far off in the distance, I have hope.

Wow Henrik let in a soft one.

Nash needs to sit a game out. He's invisible out on the ice. If he's not producing at all for so long, coach has to change the line-up.

The Bolts have Hanks number. 6 goals in one game, after a game where he let 5 get in. ...Nash is a mess, shooting pucks into Bishops stomach or glove...and Marty St Louis has no business being on the ice.

Will we see Talbot in game 4?

Will St Louis be a healthy scratch?

Will Nash take charge and put this team on his highly paid shoulders?

Can Zucerello return for game 5?

We'll find out pretty soon.

The Bolts have Hanks number. 6 goals in one game, after a game where he let 5 get in. ...Nash is a mess, shooting pucks into Bishops stomach or glove...and Marty St Louis has no business being on the ice.

Will we see Talbot in game 4?

Will St Louis be a healthy scratch?

Will Nash take charge and put this team on his highly paid shoulders?

Can Zucerello return for game 5?

We'll find out pretty soon.

Before the series, all the talk was about low scoring because of the stellar goalie match-up. Both let in too many last game; that and the final softie has changed the dynamics of the series. If players know that they can get it past the goalie, then the O game becomes that much more significant. That's why the droughts of Nash and St. Louis are magnified now. Maybe St. Louis returning to his old familiar building will help. Nash is a zombie; can't tell if he needs to shoot way more in practice or just go and meditate or get hypnotized or something, but whatever he's doing, it's not working.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. At this point, it's about capitalizing on your strengths and zeroing in on opponent weaknesses to take advantage. Coaches earn their bread here; how they can make players adjust to the new dynamics will determine the winner. I do hope Rangers win. I'd love to see a NY-Chi final.

Before the series, all the talk was about low scoring because of the stellar goalie match-up. Both let in too many last game; that and the final softie has changed the dynamics of the series. If players know that they can get it past the goalie, then the O game becomes that much more significant. That's why the droughts of Nash and St. Louis are magnified now. Maybe St. Louis returning to his old familiar building will help. Nash is a zombie; can't tell if he needs to shoot way more in practice or just go and meditate or get hypnotized or something, but whatever he's doing, it's not working.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. At this point, it's about capitalizing on your strengths and zeroing in on opponent weaknesses to take advantage. Coaches earn their bread here; how they can make players adjust to the new dynamics will determine the winner. I do hope Rangers win. I'd love to see a NY-Chi final.

Me too, a NY - Chi original 6 matchup would be salivatingly awesome! I might watch a period in black & white just to get a cool retro vibe.

I looked up the history of cup matchups and saw that these two teams have never played each other for the cup, can that be true? Actually, I think that topic might have come up in last seasons hockey thread. ... Chicago won last night, early in the 2nd OT.

Tonights game should be very interesting.

What adjustments will be made?

Will the Garden faithful still boo Yandel, Nash and St Louis, and can those guys keep it up?

Where is Bishops head at, is he now shell shocked letting 10 goals in in two consecutive post season games?

Can the Rangers keep their power play going as good as its been of late?

Will Zuc return?

Me too, a NY - Chi original 6 matchup would be a salivatingly awesome! I might watch a period in black & white just to get a cool retro vibe.

I looked up the history of cup matchups and saw that these two teams have never played each other for the cup, can that be true? Actually, I think that topic might have come up in last seasons hockey thread. ... Chicago won last night, early in the 2nd OT.

Will the Garden faithful still boo Yandel, Nash and St Louis, and can those guys keep it up?

Where is Bishops head at, is he now shell shocked letting 10 goals in in two consecutive post season games?

Will Zuc return?

I want the Ducks to whack Chicago. I want Quenville out. I say the Ducks have too much for them. Ducks win. Rangers should win but no lock. Tampa is not going to go easy. They are still a dangerous animal. I wish the Leafs no luck at all after the classless shit Babcock pulled wasting my teams time. Lose and lose often Leafs. until Babcock gets fired at least. I hate the bastard. He will not be able to turn that team into a winner. He has nothing. He never should have wasted our time and should have declined the interview. He is our enemy now.

Damn. How did Toews get that puck in! Even after watching the replays, I can't believe it.

So here we go once again into overtime...the third one this series. Funny, it was the Rangers-Lightning series I thought would have the tight games and overtime finishes.

Me too, a NY - Chi original 6 matchup would be salivatingly awesome! I might watch a period in black & white just to get a cool retro vibe.

Will Zuc return?

Seems to be such a Jekyll/Hyde series, I don't know what to make of it. Henrik, Nash, and St. Louis bounce back for the win in Tampa, only to let the momentum slip away at home! All I know is if neither NY nor Chicago make it to the final, I'll barely watch. For now, I hope the OT ends soon as I'm beat.... aaaaaand that's game lol

I want the Ducks to whack Chicago. I want Quenville out. I say the Ducks have too much for them. Ducks win. Rangers should win but no lock. Tampa is not going to go easy. They are still a dangerous animal. I wish the Leafs no luck at all after the classless shit Babcock pulled wasting my teams time. Lose and lose often Leafs. until Babcock gets fired at least. I hate the bastard. He will not be able to turn that team into a winner. He has nothing. He never should have wasted our time and should have declined the interview. He is our enemy now.

Babcock never agreed to anything with Buffalo. Toronto's offer came first. Buffalo's was reportedly as much if not better in terms of the financials, and Buffalo has a better team at the moment. Babcock simply wanted the challenge of coaching an Original Six team, a very bad one at that; high risk, high reward. He told the Buffalo GM that he would call at 11:30am with an answer, and he did, it just wasn't the one they expected, that's all. Nothing classless about it. But if you want to make him an 'enemy', well I guess the cross-border rivalry will be all the more heated now.

Archived