2014-15 NHL Season

LedZeppfan77

Hard to tell who is tanking and who is not

Yep, still too early. Stars were like this last season then put it together.

Rangers looked like some gelling was happening with a nice OT win vs the pens, (although hank let up 2 goals in less that 40 sec that lead to the frekin overtime.) Anyway, they looked good, and the dumb ass schedule has them off for 5 frekin days...WTF

Sen's always play the Rangers tough.

I remember back in the day there was a club in the city called Webster Hall.

I had a pair of vip passes to their. "psychedelic Thursdays" night.

The first time I went we were very much in altered states , so to speak. As we explored the cornucopia of freaky rooms , stairwells, and levels (it was once an old school) we stumbled upon a viking battling a dude in full Ottawa Senators regalia . Their movements were slowed down to one minute increments. A fake battle of course off to the back of a dance floor....lol..very odd but very cool.

My beloved Buds are 8-1-1 in the last 10 games since the debacle that was a string of losses I previously ranted about. We beat a tough LA Kings team in a shootout.

Doughty is one great player. SO talented. Fun to watch; wish we could see more of him.

Anyway, I'm a bit superstitious, so I don't want to say too much. We're on a winning streak and our record looks great, but we're fully capable of Jekyll/Hyde streaks so it can get ugly fast.

Nevertheless, for now, be still my beating heart, what's this I feel? I think... it's hope...

My beloved Buds are 8-1-1 in the last 10 games since the debacle that was a string of losses I previously ranted about. We beat a tough LA Kings team in a shootout.

Doughty is one great player. SO talented. Fun to watch; wish we could see more of him.

Anyway, I'm a bit superstitious, so I don't want to say too much. We're on a winning streak and our record looks great, but we're fully capable of Jekyll/Hyde streaks so it can get ugly fast.

Nevertheless, for now, be still my beating heart, what's this I feel? I think... it's hope...

That was a great game and victory by your Leafs, Patrycja. Doughty is a fun player to watch. Kings are kind of muddling through the early part of the season. But it is all about who gets the momentum in April and May, not November-December.

The Sabres have the attention of the hockey world once again. Winners of 4 st and 6 of 7 they are climbing in the standings with minimal talent. But are they screwing themselves? They must believe there are other good picks besides McDavid and Eichel to use those 3 number ones on. A collapse by Minnesota is happening now. With their talent i will be surprised if it continues. If it does, we would have the luxury of their pick.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a great game and victory by your Leafs, Patrycja. Doughty is a fun player to watch. Kings are kind of muddling through the early part of the season. But it is all about who gets the momentum in April and May, not November-December.

Thanks, and since that game, big wins and big losses. They do nothing half way, it seems. As to the bold part, that's what I'm worried about. We'll see whether we get Jekyll or Hyde come spring...

Looks like a beautiful day for outdoor hockey in the district !

Indeed it is! I gave a look on StubHub to see what tickets were going for...$200 for standing room. Oy :)

In the West-Side Story game of the night, the San Jose Sharks beat the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 in a thriller!

Those little shits allow a goal with 2 seconds left to fuck me out of A parlay. Unreal. Who allows a goal with 2 seconds left in a 2-2 game? It can only happen to me.

AND CARLYLE HAS BEEN FIRED BY THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS.

YESSS!!! It's like Christmas -- but better!

Randy Carlyle fired by Toronto Maple Leafs, finally

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/randy-carlyle-fired-by-toronto-maple-leafs--finally-145908701.html

You're next, Nonis. Tick tock tick tock...

Dave Nonis believes in the abysmal Maple Leafs he's built

lololololol

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dave-nonis-believes-in-the-abysmal-maple-leafs-he-s-built-163430531.html

Up next, Mike Babcock. Lure him, Shanny, DO IT!

Maple Leafs have big name possibilities to replace Carlyle

Was there a Mike Babcock bat signal in the Toronto sky Tuesday morning?

It’s hard to think that the most coveted pending free agent in NHL coaching history, who currently happens to be the Detroit head coach, wouldn’t be move the needle to some degree with the firing of Randy Carlyle as the Toronto bench boss.

(grammar courtesy of the pros at Puck Daddy)

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/maple-leafs-have-big-name-possibilities-to-replace-carlyle-161359535.html

You best get a coach real quick. No Ron Wilson. So who is the next whipping boy? He can have it

You best get a coach real quick. No Ron Wilson. So who is the next whipping boy? He can have it

For now the assistants will coach, and word is that they'll have the interim tag till the end of the season. Wilson and Carlyle had their faults, but after three coaches and counting, it is clear that this group of players is equally to blame for the results.

Too bad Burke traded valuable draft picks for lazy, obstinate Kessel. Too bad Burke and Nonis signed unworthy players to albatross contracts that push us to cap max with the same bloody results.

Shanny will somehow have to get water from a stone and remake this roster before a quality coach will want to step in to such a rabid market.

Time will tell, but this is a step in the right direction, even if it means this season is in the shitter.

I pray for Mike Babcock and some decent, young, hungry, coachable talent...

Archived