2014-15 NHL Season

LedZeppfan77

:bagoverhead: uuugh never mind ...

I am sure glad I am a Sabres fan and not a Leafs fan. All we have to do it lose out and not pass Edmonton or Arizona and we will be getting either McDavid or Eichel. Eveander Kane waits in the wings and Girgensons will be back with Moulson and we will be cashing in alot of top notch draft picks and likely trading a few for established free agent talent. You can expect Buffalo to be back on the map very fast. And the next time, they will be plenty loaded

The Calgary Flames are the most improved team in the NHL and are really impressing the hell out of me. Not to mention winning me some money also. I tell you this team is a good, young and dangerous bunch that is a team nobody wants to see in the playoffs if they can get in. They can score. They do not panic. Loaded.

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest NHL draft lottery in a long long time will be on April 18th. Up for grabs Connor McDavid and the second pick to Jack Eichel. My Sabres simply need to fuck up the last 8 games like they have fucked up the entire season with an AHL roster since they traded the farm. 5-1 are their chances to get the winning ball drop. If not, Jack Eichel will be a worthy second choice and the hot shot defenseman that will go at 3 is great too. Edmonton likely will get him. And there are many more very good picks even below 5.

As for this year's final, many teams have a shot. I am picking the Rangers to come out of the East. The West will be a war, I like St Louis but goaltending is an issue. The Kings are fighting to get in and I would be afraid that it may take alot out of them. Calgary is the most improved team and soo too the Wild. I would give the Wild a shot at making the finals also along with a few others like Vancouver, and Anaheim but I really do believe the Blues are the best. And the Wild.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sabres are almost there. 3 games to go and on April 18th, the ball drop. I do want to win this draw. If we do not, we should land Jack Eichel, one big kid and a franchise player like McDavid who can carry a team on his back. There are some that wonder if Eichel may turn out to be better than McDavid. I say they will no doubt be great. This is a deep draft. The 3rd pick seems a slam dunk for Edmonton to land this kid Noah Hanifin that is a special highly touted defenseman that may be the best defenseman drafted in ages. Its a very deep and rare draft. The Sabres deserve to win this lottery more than a team like Arizona who has a bunch of transplanted northerners as their fan base. Sabres fans are like Leafs fans and Cleveland Brown and Buffalo Bill fans. Real fans.

As for this years playoffs, the East will be a true battle and I see the Rangers and Canadians and Tampa as the main players and the Washington Capitals also have a shot. Pittsburgh is playing terrible and will not last one round. If Columbus had a better start and got in, they could have gone far. Right now they are the hottest team in hockey. Winners of 8 in a row and 12 of last 13 and going home. The West has been better for years. This year the goaltending the Rangers and Canadians have will make them plenty tough. I see either St Louis, Minnesota or maybe even the Kings if they can get in. The true sleeper team is Calgary and Vancouver cannot be ruled out either. Miller will have to have a great playoff. I think he has a chip on his shoulder and can make the Canucks very dangerous. But my pick from day one was Rangers vs Blues and I will stand by it. Last night the Blues beat Chicago in a playoff type atmosphere.

The fate of the Kings is pretty simple...win and they're in. They have to win these next three games, period.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=761855

I think they get in Strider. I do not think they must win all three. I say Calgary is in too. Its a shame Columbus is not going to make it. They are simply on fire. They lost a shootout in NY vs Rangers but have won 13 of last 14 and had a 9 game win streak stopped last night. I hope they take care of my Sabres Friday to lock up the 30th seed and either McDavid or Eichel

^^^

They are NOT in by any means, especially if they keep losing. In fact, the Kings loss to Edmonton tonight clinched a playoff berth for Vancouver. You're welcome, Ally.

Now the Kings play Calgary and they can't afford to squander the two points.

For God's sake Ted Nolan TANK!!!!!!!!1 Lose to Columbus and Pittsburgh and McDavid or Eichel is ours. Columbus will kill us. Nobody is playing better and they should have made it. They are on fire. But its going to be too little too late. Next year watch out and if they win the lottery, they might win the Cup . First things first. If we lose like we should, and Arizona is going to lose at Vancouver and Calgary, you can write that in blood. Bridge jumpers will be out in Vegas. Imagine Pittsburgh Sat night. In dire straights and panickinig. Might not make playoffs and need to beat my tanking Sabres to get in. If that is the case,. you will have a team desperate to win vs a team that actually WANTS TO LOSE TO GET THE TOP PICK. Recipe for a bridge jumping bet if Vegas puts the game on the board.

I can hear the chant and see the shirts in Buffalo now...TANK! TANK! TANK! :cheer:

Your boys are in trouble Sean. But hell, they won two cups in three years. You have to be damn happy and I am happy for them. I always liked the Kings. I do think they will lose in Calgary, to a very good young team on the rise. Could be wrong. As for my boys, fucking Ted best TANK. He will not have to worry in Columbus. They will get killed like every other team that gets in their way. .Shame they fell short. Good future for Columbus. Its the Pittsburgh game that worries. me. They suck. But they will bring it in that game Saturday. They do not want the humiliation of losing to the Sabres an being eliminated. And the Sabres had best not blow this thing. Nolan had better realize that. I am going to chime in AGAIN on the Buffalo news. I am catching some hell but they have no good answer for me. They know I am right

That was a good game though, so it wasn't from lack of trying...now the Flames are gonna have to take on my Canucks in the first round :lol:

Damn, Nutty, I had no idea you were a Canucks fan...or even Canadian! Ally is a Canuck fan, too. Now that the Kings are out of it, my wish is for a Canadian team to finally win the Cup again. Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver...SOMEBODY!!!

Good luck to your Canucks.

Last day of the season. Last day I wear my team sweater before packing it away for the offseason.

post-1470-0-40566000-1428773239_thumb.jp

Damn, Nutty, I had no idea you were a Canucks fan...or even Canadian! Ally is a Canuck fan, too. Now that the Kings are out of it, my wish is for a Canadian team to finally win the Cup again. Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver...SOMEBODY!!!

Sheeit, bro, I never miss a Canucks game (I live in B.C. though on the other side of the province, so I have to watch 'em on CBC)...yes, I'd like to see a Canadian team win the Cup this year- objectively, my money would be on Montreal or Ottawa, 'cos they got kick ass goalies. Vancouver, as you know, has been ROBBED of winning the Stanley Cup twice...I'd like to see 'em go all the way, but you never know. I like the fact that my two least favourite Canadian teams -Edmonton and T.O.- sucked this season :lol:

Well the horrific season is over for my Sabres and we have either McDavid or Eichel locked up. So moving forward we should have a very good team. As for the playoffs, I do not like the draw. I thought it was supposed to be 1 vs 8 and down the line? They changed the format and its not right. St Louis and Minnesota, the two teams I like along with Vancouver are playing each other. So one will be out early. I believe St Louis has a bit too much for them but its going to be a tough series.

Montreal and Ottawa is too close to call, and I could see Winnipeg pulling an upset in round one over the Ducks. I see the Rangers taking out the Penguins in a 4 game sweep.

Tough luck, Strider. You're in a rare year when neither a hockey nor a bball team is in the post-season. Welcome to Toronto sports fandom lol.

West is so competitive in both NHL and NBA that they should reconsider just taking the top 16 teams for the playoffs, but then in terms of commerce that would never work. In terms of fairness, though, Kings would I think be in (haven't checked the points total...)

I think the Rangers are a long shot simply because President's Trophy winners seldom win it all. Can't recall the last time a first overall team won the Cup.

Shanny wasted no time cleaning house - GM Nonis is gone, as is interim coach and almost all his assistants. Shanny even canned the video coordinator lol Now if he could cast a spell and find a suitor for Kessel and whoever else is uncoachable and plays on one end only for some picks, that would help speed up the turn around.

I'd absolutely LOVE it if we could somehow pry Mike Babcock from Detroit. And hockey gods - please PLEASE turn the wheel of fortune so that the Leafs and their 9% odds land the #1 pick.

Sheeit, bro, I never miss a Canucks game (I live in B.C. though on the other side of the province, so I have to watch 'em on CBC)...yes, I'd like to see a Canadian team win the Cup this year- objectively, my money would be on Montreal or Ottawa, 'cos they got kick ass goalies. Vancouver, as you know, has been ROBBED of winning the Stanley Cup twice...I'd like to see 'em go all the way, but you never know. I like the fact that my two least favourite Canadian teams -Edmonton and T.O.- sucked this season :lol:

;)

http://youtu.be/YJ7NEPvh52c

Archived