alternative lyrics / misheard lyrics - post the funniest

slave to zep

Foreigner, Hot Blooded; I still hear it this way!

Actual:

Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see

I got a fever of a hundred and three

Come on baby, do you do more than dance?

What I hear:

Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see

I got a fever of a hundred and three

Come on baby, do you do MODERN dance? (tee hee!) :)

Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there....

I had no idea those were the actual lyrics to that song, great song..,,and i usually like nature lyrics, but this line has me laughing. I think the only words i ever heard were, and they stand there...,,haha. Wow, definitely a how high were they when they wrote that song. 

On the radio, while doing volunteer work last few weeks, listening to commercial rock radio..."i wear my sunglasses at night, so that i can see the light right in front of my eyes".....so cheesy that they can almost sell it....yet with the 80s synths i feel like i am being hit in the head with a cartoon hammer. No misunderstanding of lyrics either, its the actual lyrics. 

Roundabout by Yes

Actual Lyrics:

In and around the lake

Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there

One mile over we'll be there and we'll see you

Ten true summers we'll be there and laughing too

Twenty four before my love you'll see I'll be there with you

I hear:

In and around the lake

Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there

One mile over we'll be there and we'll see you

Ten true summers we'll be there and laughing too

Twenty four before I Love Lucy I'll be there with you

It never even seemed odd to me that I heard it that way. Throwing a random I Love Lucy into a song seems cool and perfectly logical to me!

:)

Mountains come out of the sky

• 3 weeks later...

This is not a alternate or misheard lyric but a question to one of Led Zeppelin's lyrics.  At the end of "When the Levee Breaks" Robert sings, "I'm going down, going down now, going down"...  what does anyone who reads this think that Robert Plant is referring too?  I have a theory but I will refrain from saying so at this time.  I would like to read what any others think first.  ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

Or "mexican rugby" :)

Nice one STZ, I'll tease the missus s with that next time it's on the radio "Don't know how you can hear 'Up all night' as Mexican" she says to me, so I'll  make it ".....Mexican rugby" she'll go mental. lol.

5 hours ago, JTM said:

Nice one STZ, I'll tease the missus s with that next time it's on the radio "Don't know how you can hear 'Up all night' as Mexican" she says to me, so I'll  make it ".....Mexican rugby" she'll go mental. lol.

my husband first sang it to me, and I cracked up! :)

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Rush-Tom Sawyer

Exit the warrior

Today's Tom Sawyer

He gets high on you and the Indian Train

He gets right on through the frictional bird

:huh::P

:hysterical: That was exactly what I heard, when I listened to Tom Sawyer, for the first time! I also felt that Geddy actually said Tom Sawyee in some parts of the song! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Who's "My Generation"

I thought they were saying "Don't you knock my generation".

I also thought they said; "They say cool is awful cold" and to this day I think that would fit better with bitching about old people because they do seem to think cool is awful cold.

Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog"

All I ask for all I pray,
Skinny little woman gonna come my way.
Clean up a woman come and hold my hand
Tell me no lies, maybe you'll help me mend

Steppenwolf's "The Pusher"

Still sounds more like "And I'd  kill him with my Bible then I'd raise the rent" more than it sounds like "I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun"

On October 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM, Ddladner said:

:friends: 

Actually i remember now what i was talking about...sorry months later.

"mountains come out of the sky and they stand there."

"stand there".......thats funny........not even considering coming out of the sky. The, stand there, aspect is hilarious to me w how the lyric is sung.

2 hours ago, middlezep said:

Actually i remember now what i was talking about...sorry months later.

"mountains come out of the sky and they stand there."

"stand there".......thats funny........not even considering coming out of the sky. The, stand there, aspect is hilarious to me w how the lyric is sung.

The lyrics don't make sense to me but it is such a great song!  For me, great songs are more likely to be defined by the instruments. I don't pay much attention to the lyrics and usually just make up my own that mimic the sound of the vocals, which is how I've listened to this great song for many years. Actually, as much as I love LZ songs, I really don't know the lyrics to most of them. My ears just go straight to the instruments, which I listen to very closely. ;) 

Archived