alternative lyrics / misheard lyrics - post the funniest

slave to zep

Well, this was really funny and cute, but at the same time, very very embarrassing! :blush: 

My cousin's almost 5 year old daughter, is getting into some serious rock'n'roll music (bands like The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Pink Floyd and The Beatles), thanks to her dad and me! Her mother sometimes disapproves! ;) 

Last week, I played the album Electric Ladyland for her and she really seemed to be diggin' it! B) Now, the 15 minute epic Voodoo Chile came on and we were having fun, rockin' out to those brilliantly bluesy guitar riffs and everything seemed to be going well, until, she heard the following line:

Original lyric
He gave me a venus witch's ring

Clearly, what she heard, was this:

What the kid heard
He gave me a penis witch's ring

And the following really awkward conversation ensued, while the rest of the song was playing:

Cousin's kid : What's a penis witch?

Me : I'm sorry sweetheart, what did you say?

Me (thinking) : Damn it! What is this kid even thinking?! Did she just say the p-word?!

Me : I'm sorry, a penis witch?!

Cousin's kid : Yeah! Jimi said he got a penis witch's ring! So, what's a penis witch? Is she good or evil?

Me : Ummm...sweetie, I have no idea! Maybe this is a magical character or something! Why don't you go ask your dad, later? He'll know!

Cousin's kid : But, I want to know, now! You know daddy's out! How can you not know what a penis witch is? 

Me: Ummm...kiddo, I'm telling you for the last time, go ask your dad, later! Please! 

Cousin's kid : Why?? 

Me : Alright, no more music for you, little lady! Go outside and play! NOW!

Cousin's kid : FINE! 

Me : Freakin' kids! Ugh!

:P 

21 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Well, this was really funny and cute, but at the same time, very very embarrassing! :blush: 

My cousin's almost 5 year old daughter, is getting into some serious rock'n'roll music (bands like The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Pink Floyd and The Beatles), thanks to her dad and me! Her mother sometimes disapproves! ;) 

Last week, I played the album Electric Ladyland for her and she really seemed to be diggin' it! B) Now, the 15 minute epic Voodoo Chile came on and we were having fun, rockin' out to those brilliantly bluesy guitar riffs and everything seemed to be going to well, until, she heard the following line:

Original lyric
He gave me a venus witch's ring

Clearly, what she heard, was this:

What the kid heard
He gave me a penis witch's ring

And the following really awkward conversation ensued, while the rest of the song was playing:

Me : I'm sorry sweetheart, what did you say?

Me (thinking) : Damn it! What is this kid even thinking?! Did she just say the p-word?!

Me : I'm sorry, a penis witch?!

Cousin's kid : Yeah! Jimi said he got a penis witch's ring! So, what's penis witch? Is she good or evil?

Me : Ummm...sweetie, I have no idea! Maybe this is a magical character or something! Why don't you go ask your dad, later? He'll know!

Cousin's kid : But, I want to know, now! You know daddy's out! How can you not know what a penis witch is? 

Me: Ummm...kiddo, I'm telling you for the last time, go ask your dad, later! Please! 

Cousin's kid : Why?? 

Me : Alright, no more music for you, little lady! Go outside and play! NOW!

Cousin's kid : FINE! 

Me : Freakin' kids! Ugh!

:P 

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

More Than a Feeling

If I hear it on the radio, this is how I sing along, haha: 

More than a feeling, that I'm hear ah nah song playzzz yeah yeah yeah

And I begin dreaming, that I'm somebody ah wan away (lol)

And then later:

When I'm tired and thinking Coke, I hide in my music, forget the day....

(No idea what they are really saying and too lazy to look it up :D)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was listening to Stairway to Heaven today, and remembered that when I was in elementary school, I thought the lyrics were:

And it's whispered that soon, If we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us, Teresa

:o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived