Jimmy Page to give a talk on his photo autobiography on November 3 in NYC

aen27

Oh wow! I would have loved to go but it has sold out! I am really glad I got to see him at Berklee so I don't have to freak the hell out trying to get time off work, getting a sold out seat, flight, etc for this.

Hope someone on here gets to go. He surely won't play but it'll still be a cool event

^^Thanks for the post aen:-) Wished it was not sold out :( . ...^^ScarletMacaw have a great time! :peace:

You are welcome. So do I, as well as wishing I was closer to NYC. :( Since I own the orginal book, I hope there is a way we will still hear what he says.

Does anyone know who is conducting the interview with him?

It takes two to tango...case in point, I had the pleasure to attend the 92Y when Anthony DeCurtis spoke with Lou Reed in 2013 and Salman Rushdie with Christopher Hitchens back in 2010. Hope it is someone Mr. Page might dare to be frank and relaxed around...if it ends up being Ross Halfin..."Sometimes a no comment is more incriminating than an in-comment"; "No comment." :dont:

Thanks for the comments--I'm hoping to get an autographed copy of the book, but who knows. I've been to the facility before and I suspect this will be in a large room, so it's unlikely that all attendees will actually get to meet Jimmy!

Does anyone know who is conducting the interview with him?

It takes two to tango...case in point, I had the pleasure to attend the 92Y when Anthony DeCurtis spoke with Lou Reed in 2013 and Salman Rushdie with Christopher Hitchens back in 2010. Hope it is someone Mr. Page might dare to be frank and relaxed around...if it ends up being Ross Halfin..."Sometimes a no comment is more incriminating than an in-comment"; "No comment." :dont:

I didn't realize that Ross Halfin inteviewed people. I though he was a photographer. One person I'm nearly certain it won't be; Mick Wall.

I didn't realize that Ross Halfin inteviewed people. I though he was a photographer. One person I'm nearly certain it won't be; Mick Wall.

He most definitely is a photographer...Mr. Page's photographer and (sorry if I'm blowing your mind here)...the book is chuck FULL of photographs. Give it a couple of minutes and it will start to make sense...

The cynic in me says this will be one more reason Jimmy doesn't get a band together. "Well I did the book, then the website, then Celebration Day, then the remasters, then promoted the book again, but now I'm focusing on being seen playing, etc…"

I stumbled across this event very early and when I went to the ticket site, only the first four rows were sold. Really wanted to hit "buy" but I live in Toronto which would have made it a long expensive evening. Still holding out hope that at some point in my life I'll get to see him in person!

The cynic in me says this will be one more reason Jimmy doesn't get a band together. "Well I did the book, then the website, then Celebration Day, then the remasters, then promoted the book again, but now I'm focusing on being seen playing, etc"

I stumbled across this event very early and when I went to the ticket site, only the first four rows were sold. Really wanted to hit "buy" but I live inToronto which would have made it a long expensive evening. Still holding out hope that at some point in my life I'll get to see him in person!

I agree with both of you. There was also the rumor about the next remasters possibly this fall too. That will put him off even more. In the Classic Rock interview, he puts it in the way, but puts it in terms of 'flexing his muscles.' I really want him to go out and play again as he has been promising. Like you, andreww, I so want to meet him. It scares me that those chances are dwindling down. He will be 71 in January. Since I live in MA, I too saw the tickets too late and only later remembered that there is a special bus that goes daily from the Boston area to NYC.

He most definitely is a photographer...Mr. Page's photographer and (sorry if I'm blowing your mind here)...the book is chuck FULL of photographs. Give it a couple of minutes and it will start to make sense...

It would indeed be mind-blowing if Ross Halfin was selected to conduct a public interview in this setting. Mind-blowing, and more important, highly unlikely.

Oh Jimmy...I would rather a EP of new material than a 512 page tome of long past historical photos and experiences

set to book form.

If Jimmy would only pick up an instrument and play, either in studio or on stage, that would make the majority of us

so much more happier than another discussion of Jimmy's old days and his long gone triumphs.

Oh Jimmy...archivists' of past glories...future unknown.

Due to a wonderful person I am now attending this :yay: If anyone else is attending and wants to get together prior or after the event PM me...

You are so lucky Deborah and am so happy for you!! :yourock:

Somehow, I missed these tickets going on sale and wasn't aware that that were available to the public! :huh:

Being so close to NYC is what bothers me about this as they are sold out and missed out on it! :tears: I guess I need to be more attuned on these things as there was a few days, I didn't go on the forum last week!

You are so lucky Deborah and am so happy for you!! :yourock:

Somehow, I missed these tickets going on sale and wasn't aware that that were available to the public! :huh:

Being so close to NYC is what bothers me about this as they are sold out and missed out on it! :tears: I guess I need to be more attuned on these things as there was a few days, I didn't go on the forum last week!

There are some avalible via scalper sites but they can get very expenisve. It also is the distance as well the timing for me. Those 2 days are exactly when the store is changing over to the holiday season. I will have to settle to watch via the website this time. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived