what about the CODA extras?

drpete

Since 'Hey Hey what can I do' wasn't on the original CODA, I'm afraid Jimmy will not include this one ( or Riverside blues, Come on Home,...) and we'll have to do it with the original instrumental version of 'walter's walk plus a 17 minutes ' runthrough of Bonzo's montreux.

But it WILL eventualy appear on the 'original singles boxed set' ( to be released in 2020. ;-)

Just kidding ( I hope)

Coda probably will have 'Hey Hey' as well as 'Baby Come on Home (Riverside Blues is on the BBC box set). I presumed they wouldn't put out a deluxe release of Coda, and instead scatter it as bonus cuts among the various reissues, but obviously that's not what happened. Chances are Jimmy has not finished digging through his vaults and the Deluxe Coda will have surprises frem every part of their career.

Coda probably will have 'Hey Hey' as well as 'Baby Come on Home (Riverside Blues is on the BBC box set). I presumed they wouldn't put out a deluxe release of Coda, and instead scatter it as bonus cuts among the various reissues, but obviously that's not what happened. Chances are Jimmy has not finished digging through his vaults and the Deluxe Coda will have surprises frem every part of their career.

Jimmy said recently in an interview that he has completed going through his vault. :)

I think that CODA has the potential to contain probably the most interesting out takes etc out of all of the albums.

I agree... it would be really great to send this remaster out in style with some gems on CODA... in a way i kind of hope they redo the album as more of the tribute i sensed it was supposed to be... i know you can't rewrite history but were gonna groove (+overdubs) and i can't quit you baby just never fit here but a lot of the album is really great even if unfinished... here's to hoping

Archived