Ebola

cryingbluerain

A doctor has tested positive in NYC... He reportedly took the subway, went bowling, then reported a 103 fever.

First do no harm, Doctor. For shame.

He knew he was at risk.

The state of New York should yank his license.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/dont-say-ebola-on-the-radio-fdny-to-911-dispatchers/

Glad no one got fired over this. In NY, 911 dispatchers have been censored from using the "E" word. Can only use code words in this politically correct country.

In Kansas City, hospital workers are being threatened with termination if they do not refer to suspected Ebola cases as "viral illness" instead of Ebola.

It is suspected that US hospitals have been ordered to downplay possibilities of patient's having Ebola to stave off public panic.

The workers in the hospital in Dallas were also given a gag threat "or bad things may happen". The Feds are still monitoring those workers.

.The internal memo that was sent to the staff:

'Sorry for the mixup. This is because of the new EHR machines. We had no idea that Mr. Duncan had Ebola or how bad it was...It was a glitch.'

EHR (Electronic Health Records) that is in the Obamacare rollout - that's getting rid of the old machines and papers for everyone and moving to the new electronics.

.Mysteriously, the next day the hospital reversed itself in a note titled "clarification. " 'It was not a glitch'. :P

. An EMT who had Mr. Duncan originally tried to call the officials saying Hey, I need to be tested for Ebola. And they told him, 'We'll get back to you' and never did. He actually had to go to his own physician to be checked for Ebola. I bet his doc loved that.

. Mr. Duncan's lab samples were allowed to travel through the hospital's pneumatic tubes. :P opening the possibility of contaminating the hospital's delivery system.

A doctor has tested positive in NYC... He reportedly took the subway, went bowling, then reported a 103 fever.

First do no harm, Doctor. For shame.

He knew he was at risk.

The state of New York should yank his license.

He was cleared by CDC at airport screening. The license yanking should be that of the Commander-In-Disease that's allowing the country to keep taking in flights from Ebola ridden countries.

Bellevue Hospital Staff Calls In Sick - NY Post

An extraordinary number of Bellevue Hospital staffers called in sick on Friday rather than treat the city’s first Ebola patient — and those who showed up were terrified to enter his isolation chamber, sources told The Post.

“The nurses on the floor are miserable with a ‘why me?’ attitude, scared to death and overworked because all their co-workers called out sick,” one source said.

“One nurse even went as far as to pretend she was having a stroke to get out of working there, but once they cleared her in the ER they sent her back up,” the source added.

Is the government planning on bringing non-citizens into the US for Ebola treatment?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/28/lawmaker-claims-plans-may-be-in-pipeline-to-bring-non-citizens-to-us-for-ebola/

Of course they're denying it, but there it is in black and white.

Meanwhile, Australia instituting a ban on travel from West Africa.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/28/world/asia/australia-immigration-policy-ebola/

CDC: Ebola Spreads Like Flu - Kit Daniels Oct 29,2014

"Coughing, sneezing" spread of Ebola, flu nearly identical, according to CDC documents

Ebola spreads through coughing and sneezing much like influenza, which most experts agree is spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk, according to documents by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A new CDC flyer describing the droplet spread of Ebola, which happens when germs traveling inside droplets that are coughed or sneezed from a sick person, is nearly identical to the CDCs description of influenza which states most experts think that flu viruses are spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk.

Droplet spread happens when germs traveling inside droplets that are coughed or sneezed from a sick person enter the eyes, nose, or mouth of another person, the CDC Ebola flyer states, which was released on Monday. Droplets travel short distances, less than 3 feet (1 meter) from one person to another. A person might also get infected by touching a surface or object that has germs on it and then touching their mouth or nose.

Droplet spread diseases include: plague, Ebola.

102914dropletspread2.jpg

This flyer superseded a previous document on Ebola transmission by the CDC, dated Oct. 16, which said nothing about the droplet spread of Ebola, instead claiming that Ebola is not spread through the air.

It appears the CDC is backtracking from its prior statement and is now slowing admitting that Ebola can spread through coughing and sneezing.

Similarly, in another document entitled How Flu Spreads, the CDC reveals the droplet spread of the flu is very similar to that of Ebola.

Most experts think that flu viruses are spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk, the CDC states. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Less often, a person might also get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth or nose.

102914howfluspreads2.jpg

So, in summary, the droplet spread of Ebola is almost identical to that of influenza, according to the CDC, which also released new guidelines on Monday stating that people are at risk for contracting Ebola if they are in the same room for a brief period of time with an Ebola patient.

The new guidelines also list fatigue as a potential Ebola symptom, while individuals who had direct contact (such as a hand shake) with an Ebola victim prior to symptom onset in the victim are also now considered a risk, suggesting that the CDC is entertaining the possibility that the virus can be transmitted even from victims who have yet to display symptoms, Paul Joseph Watson wrote.

And its interesting to note the CDCs How Flu Spreads web page also states you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick.

U.S. Army scientists demonstrated that the airborne transmission of Ebola was possible at lower temperature and humidity than that normally present in sub-Saharan Africa in a 1995 study, and they said the high temperatures and humidity present in Africa may have been a factor limiting aerosol transmission of Ebola virus in the African epidemics.

Am I the only one who finds irony in the fact that several aid workers (doctors & nurses) coming back from West Africa and outbreak regions feel self containment for 21 days is both inhuman & barbaric?

So, they go to one of the poorest regions on earth, mingle with these poor disease ridden people living in horrid squalor giving aid and desperately needed medical care yet then come back to 1st world countries and expect a three-way and a Carnival Cruise waiting for them when they get off the plane? WTF??? In all seriousness, if I were one of the altruistic aid workers I would have no problem self quarantine for 21 days. In fact if it were not required I would do it anyway you know why? Because I am an altruistic aid worker whose number one priority is the safety and well being of others.

I don't get it, I really just don't get it.

Am I the only one who finds irony in the fact that several aid workers (doctors & nurses) coming back from West Africa and outbreak regions feel self containment for 21 days is both inhuman & barbaric?

So, they go to one of the poorest regions on earth, mingle with these poor disease ridden people living in horrid squalor giving aid and desperately needed medical care yet then come back to 1st world countries and expect a three-way and a Carnival Cruise waiting for them when they get off the plane? WTF??? In all seriousness, if I were one of the altruistic aid workers I would have no problem self quarantine for 21 days. In fact if it were not required I would do it anyway you know why? Because I am an altruistic aid worker whose number one priority is the safety and well being of others.

I don't get it, I really just don't get it.

I absolutely agree. Great post IPMan. Not because I agree with you, but because of the moral aspect of what working in the health field entails. If you're in the profession for the money alone, get another job. It's about sacrifice and being selfless. Giving of yourself. And I respect your profession of being an altruistic aid worker, regardless of which branch of the field you're in.

If our troops are over their building quarantine facilities, why not have the aid workers quarantined in the country of possible contraction, where it can be contained without further risking exposure to bringing it back?

Or why not a travel ban on people coming into the United States? You can check out anytime, but only come back after a quarantine in that other country. 21 days without showing signs just means a 95% chance that someone hasn't contracted this Ebola, or whatever it is. 42 days reduces the chance of having it by 98%.

This is supposed to be the administration of transparency, right? This video is just for your viewing enjoyment. Some people only trust things if they hear it from the CDC or the president. What does this video say to you?

http://youtu.be/B40UqjZ2Fts

To add:

Aug 1st, 2014

As the Ebola outbreak continues to cause concern, President Barack Obola has signed an amendment to an executive order that would allow him to mandate the apprehension and detention of Americans who merely show signs of “respiratory illness.”

The amendment signed by Obama replaces subsection ( B) of the original Bush executive order which referred only to SARS. Obama’s amendment allows for the detention of Americans who display, “Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled.”

Although the quarantining of people suspected of being infected with the Ebola virus seems like a perfectly logical move, the actual preconditions for this to happen aren’t restricted to just those suffering from the disease.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has measures in place for dealing with an outbreak of a communicable disease which allow for the quarantine of “well persons” who “do not show symptoms” of the disease.

He was cleared by CDC at airport screening. The license yanking should be that of the Commander-In-Disease that's allowing the country to keep taking in flights from Ebola ridden countries.Bellevue Hospital Staff Calls In Sick - NY PostAn extraordinary number of Bellevue Hospital staffers called in sick on Friday rather than treat the city’s first Ebola patient — and those who showed up were terrified to enter his isolation chamber, sources told The Post.“The nurses on the floor are miserable with a ‘why me?’ attitude, scared to death and overworked because all their co-workers called out sick,” one source said.“One nurse even went as far as to pretend she was having a stroke to get out of working there, but once they cleared her in the ER they sent her back up,” the source added.

I don't care if the Easter Bunny cleared him. Personal responsibility. He knows better.

Archived