2014 POTTEDPLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

Week 1 is now complete. Congrats to KB and Rick for winning the week.

Season Standings:

Anjin-san: 11-5*

LedZeppfan77: 11-5*

in_the_evening: 10-6

jb126: 10-6

Strider: 10-6

Walter: 10-6

jabe: 9-7

paul carruthers: 9-7

mack: 9-6

Bong-Man: 8-8

apantherfrommd: 6-10

ebk: 6-10

zepscoda: 6-9

* denotes winner of the week.

Thanks for doing all the work. I know its very tedious. I may as well get this over with even though its a tough week coming up.

Pittsburgh

Buffalo (are you kidding me?)

Jacksonville

Tennessee (this one is tough to figure-maybe Romo's undoing?)

Arizona

Minnesota (Peterson will have a big day, time will catch up with NE)

New Orleans

Atlanta

Detroit

Tampa

San Diego (Seahawks have to lose a few, this one may qualify)

Houston

Green Bay

Denver

San Francisco

Indy (on the fence on this one)

Yeah, there's quite a few of those picks I don't feel good about--the Jags, the Cowboys, Colts, Steelers. We'll see how things go...

I probably should have taken the Redskins. But they both stink. I like In the Evenings picks. I think he is right on the money on most. He is taking a chance with the Rams but I was very high on them until Bradford went down. If they can solve the QB problem, they could turn it around fast

Thanks for the vote LZFan77.

I think the Bills and Dolphins are onto something. It's early, but I think they are finding a good groove.

I think New England is onto something, and it doesn't feel good, lol!

Hope I am wrong on all of it, but the Bills especially, and now with news that they won't be moving, seem to be one fired up hungry group.

Thanks for the vote LZFan77.

I think the Bills and Dolphins are onto something. It's early, but I think they are finding a good groove.

I think New England is onto something, and it doesn't feel good, lol!

Hope I am wrong on all of it, but the Bills especially, and now with news that they won't be moving, seem to be one fired up hungry group.

I hope so and an old rivalry could be reborn as the hated Dolphins come in. Both teams are better and New England in my mind is going to pay the price of mother time and the lack of no top draft pics in years. I do not know where to start my trash talking? My daughter's boyfriend who is a Miami fan as well as my relatives that live 20 miles north of Miami. Hollywood Beach. I sure hope we win this one. I think the Jets and that jerk Rex Ryan are going to get whacked good up in Green Bay. If not, then the reports of Green Bay being over rated will be accurate. I am hoping the Lions win that division. I already jumped on Arizona as a pick vs Giants. Are you kidding me? That looks like a LOCK to me. LOL.

Haha, I just noticed that Kansas City bizarrely tacked on to San Francisco when I originally posted the week 2 schedule...here is the fixed schedule.

Don't forget there is a Thursday game, so get your pick for that game in by Thursday at least and you can worry about the rest of your picks on Friday or Saturday.

Week 2

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Miami @ Buffalo

Jacksonville @ Washington

Dallas @ Tennessee

Arizona @ NY Giants

New England @ Minnesota

New Orleans @ Cleveland

Atlanta @ Cincinnati

Detroit @ Carolina

St. Louis @ Tampa Bay

Seattle @ San Diego

Houston @ Oakland

NY Jets @ Green Bay

Kansas City @ Denver

Chicago @ San Francisco

Philadelphia @ Indianapolis

I see we are all taking Indy. I think we are going down. The Eagles are only plus 3. I just am starting to think the Eagles are going to win this game. Its a very tough game to figure. Well Anjinsan, we are tied for first, though that could go up in smoke fast? I see you took Tennessee as I did. And Jacksonville. I sure do not feel good about it. How can anyone feel good about Jacksonville? Wow you also stuck your neck out like me on the Lions. I am starting to believe in them. I probably put my head on the chopping block with San Diego, but I think its a "trap game" for Seattle. To me Arizona looks too good to be true. And you know the old saying. Well I got in at a pick. The line went up to 2 1/2 as I figured. I say its 3-4 by Sunday.

I see we are all taking Indy. I think we are going down. The Eagles are only plus 3. I just am starting to think the Eagles are going to win this game. Its a very tough game to figure. Well Anjinsan, we are tied for first, though that could go up in smoke fast? I see you took Tennessee as I did. And Jacksonville. I sure do not feel good about it. How can anyone feel good about Jacksonville? Wow you also stuck your neck out like me on the Lions. I am starting to believe in them. I probably put my head on the chopping block with San Diego, but I think its a "trap game" for Seattle. To me Arizona looks too good to be true. And you know the old saying. Well I got in at a pick. The line went up to 2 1/2 as I figured. I say its 3-4 by Sunday.

Well,since there no money on the line,......I pick teams I want to win not if they will win. :P

Rick,I would be lucky to be in first again this season.Your better at picking teams than I am!The Lions are a team are on their way up.Same with the Bills and 'Fins,.....that tilt could be the game of the week.

Baltimore

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Arizona

New England

New Orleans

Cincinnati

Carolina

Tampa

Seattle

Houston

Green Bay

Denver

San Francisco

Indianapolis

Good picks Esther. Taking the Bills. :D Smart indeed. I see you also took Indy. We are all going down with that game. I can just feel it

Pittsburgh

Miami

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Arizona

New England

New Orleans

Cincinnati

Carolina

Tampa Bay

San Diego

Houston

Green Bay

Denver

San Francisco

Indianapolis

I pick the Lions and you go against your own team and the Bills? Damn dude. You just do not do that shit!!!! NEVER EVER PICK AGAINST YOUR OWN TEAM. This Lions team is good. And they finally seem to have a defense. And you pick against them? You will regret not picking my Bills. And you too have jumped on the Indy bandwagon. Damn, I would change that right now if I could. But i cannot edit it. Too late. I am stuck with them. We are all standing in a long line and at the end awaits the hangman

Week 2 picks in red:

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
Miami @ Buffalo
Jacksonville @ Washington
Dallas @ Tennessee
Arizona @ NY Giants
New England @ Minnesota
New Orleans @ Cleveland
Atlanta @ Cincinnati
Detroit @ Carolina
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Seattle @ San Diego
Houston @ Oakland
NY Jets @ Green Bay
Kansas City @ Denver
Chicago @ San Francisco
Philadelphia @ Indianapolis

Hello everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your summer.

I don't feel confident about any of my picks...with the exception of maybe Denver and San Francisco. This whole week of games is a toss-up. I expect a lot of red ink and head-scratching by Monday night.

Week 2 picks/prayers:

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Washington

Tennessee

NY Giants

Minnesota

pottedplant's Who Dats!

Cincinnati

Detroit

Tampa Bay

Seattle

Oakland

Green Bay

Denver

San Francisco

Indianapolis

Week 2 picks in red:

Hello everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your summer.

Very colourful...in honour of your Red Sox? ;)

Summer ain't over yet...stop rushing the end, haha.

Rick, if you want to change your Indy pick to Philadelphia, I'll change it. Just remember the Carruthers Quotient. :P

Edited by Strider

I pick the Lions and you go against your own team and the Bills? Damn dude. You just do not do that shit!!!!

Watch me. Our secondary blows and it's a matter of time until they're exposed. Beating the Giants proved nothing to me. I can't trust the Bills yet because of Manuel. Any QB can excel when you get 200 yards rushing. Let's see how he does without a ground game and some more pressure up front.