2014 POTTEDPLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

Don't mistake me for a Cowboys fan, Im true blue all the way, but I think Dallas's O line is killer, Sherman wont cover Dez because he will stay over to Romos right side. Dez will have career high this week...not only will Dallas cover the spread....they take the game by 3.

Don't mistake me for a Cowboys fan, Im true blue all the way, but I think Dallas's O line is killer, Sherman wont cover Dez because he will stay over to Romos right side. Dez will have career high this week...not only will Dallas cover the spread....they take the game by 3.

:smiley_pray:

:friends:

Week 6 picks in red:

Indianapolis @ Houston

Chicago @ Atlanta

Jacksonville @ Tennessee

Baltimore @ Tampa Bay

Denver @ New York Jets

Detroit @ Minnesota

New England @ Buffalo

Carolina @ Cincinnati

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

Green Bay @ Miami

San Diego @ Oakland

Dallas @ Seattle

Washington @ Arizona

New York Giants @ Philadelphia

San Francisco @ St. Louis

Not a bad analysis zepscoda and I agree about Dallas O-line and the strength of the running game. But that advantage disappears in the noise cauldron of the Hawks Nest...Dallas will be somewhat on their heels instead of being able to charge aggressively off the line.

I admire your guts to make this prediction. I did consider taking Dallas as Seattle sure did not look that scary against a pitiful Washington team. But that home game vs Houston left a bad taste in my mouth. Dallas should have walked all over them and they didn't. So it might be the same old Dallas? We will see. I think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC East. My upset might be the Rams to win over SF. Of course I am picking the Bills but I do not really call that an upset

Something tells me I could regret picking the Eagles for this Sunday--I don't know if there is a more fraudulent 4-1 team than Philly?

Then you would have to believe the Giants are for real? I do not. Eagles win in my book. But its the NFL. Crazy shit every week. You can't trust any team once they start getting too far ahead of things. Cincy looked great and then the debacle in New England. Is New England that good? How can they be. they got slaughtered in KC. And their previous games were a joke including that narrow win over the Raiders. The Bills have an excuse. They have to be happy to be 3-2 after winning in Chicago and being 2-0 with a QB that did not wind up making it through week 4. Now they have a guy that can at least get the job done. He threw for over 300 yds quietly in Detroit vs the number one defense in football. Now what would make anyone think they cant move the ball on this NE defense? What? Tell me!!!! Spiller, Jackson, Williams, Watkins, Chandler, Woods, ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! And the defense? Brady had best have his wheaties. He is going to have to run out of the pocket. Good luck. That place will be rockin!!

Well now that Cincinnati fucked everything up by taking it up the bunghole, aside from everyone getting a tie for that game, there are three people with perfect sheets so far:

apantherfrommd

ebk

jb126

And they all have the same picks in the remaining games except ONE: Atlanta @ Chicago. So that is the crucial game remaining of the day.

Other than Bills Atlanta fucked me good. I had Detroit, You know this stat is INCREDIBLE. THE AFC WEST THEORY STRIKES AGAIN. I did not have the balls to pick the RAIDERS with monopoly money. But they covered. I think they won? But they covered for sure. That stat is just incredible.. For those that dont know, it was in a magazine in the mid 80s. I have followed it closely over the years and its just incredible. An AFC team at home getting points vs another AFC West team is like close to 90 percent over 30 years!!!!!!!!!

No they lost by 3 but were getting 8. THEY COVERED

AND FUCK these damn Giants

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Congratulations ebk! Your trip to Chicago must have brought you some mojo...as it was your pick of Chicago that seperated you from your fellow contestants apantherfrommd and jb126 and clinched the week for you! Once again, Monday Night Football will have no bearing on the winner for the week, and neither did Cincinnati's ghastly tie with Carolina. Although now I am going to have to type 52 extra characters every week when I post the results...thanks a lot Bungholes.

Unlike the past several weeks where the home teams dominated, this time it was the road teams that held sway in most of the games, posting a 9-4-1 record thru Sunday night. The biggest road surprises being Dallas running over Seattle, Chicago beating Atlanta in their dome where Matty Ice is usually at his best, and New England going into Buffalo and showing the doubters that the more things change, the more they stay the same...at least when it comes to the pecking order in the AFC East. The Patriots are still the reigning kings of the East.

I'll post final numbers after Monday's SF @ StL game but here is how we all stand for the week...no matter what happens Monday night, ebk is the Champ of Week 6! :cheer:

ebk: 12-1-1

Anjin-san: 11-2-1

apantherfrommd: 11-2-1

jb126: 11-2-1

Bong-Man: 9-4-1

jabe: 9-4-1

LedZeppfan77: 9-4-1

paul carruthers: 9-4-1

Strider: 9-4-1

Walter: 9-4-1

in_the_evening: 8-5-1

zepscoda: 8-5-1

mack: 7-6-1

Final tally for Week 6

ebk: 13-1-1* :cheer:

Anjin-san: 12-2-1

apantherfrommd: 12-2-1

jb126: 12-2-1

Bong-Man: 10-4-1

jabe: 10-4-1

paul carruthers: 10-4-1

Strider: 10-4-1

Walter: 10-4-1

in_the_evening: 9-5-1

LedZeppfan77: 9-5-1

zepscoda: 8-6-1

mack: 7-7-1

Season Standings after 91 Games:

1. jb126*: 62-28-1

2. Walter*: 58-32-1

3. Anjin-san**: 57-33-1

3. Bong-Man*: 57-33-1

4. apantherfrommd*: 55-35-1

5. ebk**: 54-36-1

6. mack: 54-34-1

7. paul carruthers: 53-37-1

7. Strider: 53-37-1

8. in_the_evening: 52-38-1

8. jabe: 52-38-1

9. LedZeppfan77*: 51-39-1

10. zepscoda: 44-45-1

* = Winner for a week

Edited by Strider

Week 7 Schedule

Thursday Oct. 16

NY Jets @ New England

Sunday Oct. 19

Atlanta @ Baltimore

Carolina @ Green Bay

Cincinnati @ Indianapolis

Cleveland @ Jacksonville

Miami @ Chicago

Minnesota @ Buffalo

New Orleans @ Detroit

Seattle @ St. Louis

Tennessee @ Washington

Kansas City @ San Diego

Arizona @ Oakland

NY Giants @ Dallas

San Francisco @ Denver

Monday Oct. 20

Houston @ Pittsburgh

WTF happened with my post? It didn't look like that on the pc last night when I posted the schedule but now on my phone the Chicago, Buffalo and Detroit games are in tiny print? I'll try to fix it at work today.

Damn...it's too late, it won't let me edit my post. Sorry for the screwup. Hope it isn't too distracting.

Edited by Strider

NY Jets @ New England

Atlanta @ Baltimore

Carolina @ Green Bay

Cincinnati @ Indianapolis

Cleveland @ Jacksonville

Miami @ Chicago

Minnesota @ Buffalo

New Orleans @ Detroit

Seattle @ St. Louis

Tennessee @ Washington (guess I gotta pick 'em once...)

Kansas City @ San Diego

Arizona @ Oakland

NY Giants @ Dallas

San Francisco @ Denver

Houston @ Pittsburgh

I will blame this week on the raging crud I have right now.

Edited by ebk