2014 POTTEDPLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

Strider, nice of you to try to blame last week on the crud, but really, I'm reverting to form :)

San Diego @ Denver

Detroit @ Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Buffalo @ New York Jets
Chicago @ New England
Houston @ Tennessee
Miami @ Jacksonville
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay (wow, this game is a dog...nothing personal to any fans...sorta)
Seattle @ Carolina
St. Louis @ Kansas City
Philadelphia @ Arizona
Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh
Oakland @ Cleveland
Green Bay @ New Orleans

Washington @ Dallas (I'm rooting for the field to open up and swallow both teams)

Picks in colour caps...

Week 8 Schedule

Thursday Oct. 23
San Diego @ DENVER

Sunday Oct. 26
DETROIT @ Atlanta Falcons...Two teams that flounder on the road play a game thousands of miles from home many time zones away...who will suck harder, Matty Ice or Matthew Stafford? My hunch is that Matty Ice will and Detroit will eke out a "road" victory for a change.
BALTIMORE @ Cincinnati
Buffalo @ NEW YORK JETS...somehow I feel Percy Harvin might give the Jets a boost before his attitude destroys the locker room.
Chicago @ NEW ENGLAND
Houston @ TENNESSEE
MIAMI @ Jacksonville
Minnesota @ TAMPA BAY
SEATTLE @ Carolina...Always dangerous picking Seattle on a cross-country road trip but I find it hard to believe this team could lose three in a row.
St. Louis @ KANSAS CITY
PHILADELPHIA @ Arizona...Arizona and Carson Palmer are due to stumble some time.
INDIANAPOLIS @ Pittsburgh...What in the dickens is going on in Pittsburgh? Could there be a coaching change at the end of this season?
Oakland @ CLEVELAND...Might we see Johnny Football at last?
Green Bay @ NEW ORLEANS...Still loyal to pottedplant's team, especially at home...but there is something off with Brees and company; that Detroit game was theirs and they shot themselves in the foot.

Monday Oct. 27
Washington @ DALLAS...Throw out the records when division rivals play...but Dallas' offensive line and Murray should mash the Taters.

Denver

Detroit (Hey...maybe we win by a field goal ?)

Baltimore

Buffalo

Chicago (Goin' out on a limb here)

Houston

Miami

Tampa Bay

Seattle

Kansas City

Arizona

Indy

Cleveland

New Orleans (they can't possibly play as bad as they did last week...can they ?)

Dallas

Week 8 picks in red:

San Diego @ Denver
Detroit @ Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Buffalo @ New York Jets
Chicago @ New England
Houston @ Tennessee
Miami @ Jacksonville
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Seattle @ Carolina
St. Louis @ Kansas City
Philadelphia @ Arizona
Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh
Oakland @ Cleveland
Green Bay @ New Orleans
Washington @ Dallas

It appears that way. Just be glad you're not working for NFL Network or you would have to do the "Lone Wolf" howl... :D

It appears that way. Just be glad you're not working for NFL Network or you would have to do the "Lone Wolf" howl... :D

Right you are, paul!

Another homer pick by me where common sense was absent, but I'm sticking with it.

Edited by jabe

Wouldn't be shocked at all if the Chargers stole one tonight. But, seeing Peyton carve up the SuperChargers wouldn't be a surprise either. I think Peyton can smell that 2nd Lombardi trophy--and the only thing that might be standing in his way is... Tony Romo and the Cowboys????

:wacko:

Edited by paul carruthers

So I'm the only one thinking that my Alabama bred boy, Philip Rivers, can go into doobtown, and beat the team with arguably the best qb in NFL history?

He did it last year, which makes me think lightening won't strike twice. Just hope Hillman has a big game - we have him in 2 leagues playing tonight! :D

Wouldn't be shocked at all if the Chargers stole one tonight. But, seeing Peyton carve up the SuperChargers wouldn't be a surprise either. I think Peyton can smell that 2nd Lombardi trophy--and the only thing that might be standing in his way is... Tony Romo and the Cowboys????

:wacko:

Easy Paul, it's not even November yet! Plus we know how December has gone for my 'boys the last decade or so! :bagoverhead:

Now I'm actually worried about jabe 'lone wolfing" tonight--these guys on CBS/NFL Network have me believing the Chargers will win. But I'm sticking with Denver...

You did the right thing unlike me. I am 7 for 7 along with 27,000 others on ESPN Eliminator contest. Last week there were 47,000 alive. So 20 thousand bit the dust and I am guessing many had Cleveland over Jacksonville. So this week the teams that look good that I am eligible to take are Cleveland (my choice to rebound vs Raiders), Indy, Detroit (in London), New England (injuries have many wondering if Chicago can win this?). and Miami (who I am very tempted to take). You cannot use a team again once you use them. After this week New England has a brutal schedule coming up. This may be the best time to take them but I can see the Bears pulling an upset much more than the Raiders. Memories of Stabler and Belitnekoff haunt me. But I must remember that was then. I think I will take Cleveland and just hope the Raiders get whacked good.