2014 POTTEDPLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

Picks coming by phone directly from Homestead-Miami Speedway - GO HARVICK (#4)!!!!

Miami - finally a Thursday win!

Minnesota

Cleveland

Seattle

Carolina

New Orleans

Washington

Denver

San Francisco

San Diego

Green Bay

Detroit

New England

Pittsburgh

Getting concerned about Walter here. I'd be glad to share my picks with Walter if he's forgotten or not able to get online. (if he chooses) Unless that be against the rules.

Thanks Andy! Enjoying a cold beer in the HOT Miami sun right now! Race time is 3:00 - just made our "family picks" while sitting here - which is the reason for my tardiness! ;)

:cheer:

Picks coming by phone directly from Homestead-Miami Speedway - GO HARVICK (#4)!!!!

Miami - finally a Thursday win!

Minnesota

Cleveland

Seattle

Carolina

New Orleans

Washington

Denver

San Francisco

San Diego

Green Bay

Detroit

New England

Pittsburgh

You won because the refs fucked us. We had that game in control. I guess losing Jackson and Spiller too much. But Brown played pretty well. the pass interference and safety were fucking examples of how these fucking refs can control the outcome of a game. Football is my least favorite of the 4 sports now that the refs have just taken it over. You cant play defense any more. Gilmore did nothing. And they throw the flag. That fat southern pig had to have his face on TV.

I don't know if anybody is doing well this week--looks like a bloodbath on all our records this week. You got to love the NFL.... :wacko:

I think i am 7-6 going into tonight's game.

Seattle looks so mediocre.

Washington, what happened with RG3 and all that?

SF continues to struggle.

Both NY teams look crappy so they'll probably both win big this week..

Thank God I don't put money on this stuff!!

You won because the refs fucked us. We had that game in control. I guess losing Jackson and Spiller too much. But Brown played pretty well. the pass interference and safety were fucking examples of how these fucking refs can control the outcome of a game. Football is my least favorite of the 4 sports now that the refs have just taken it over. You cant play defense any more. Gilmore did nothing. And they throw the flag. That fat southern pig had to have his face on TV.

whatever you say!

Told you should've picked Green Bay in that suicide league!

whatever you say!

Told you should've picked Green Bay in that suicide league!

You are right. But lets be realistic. The Eagles were not chopped liver coming into that game. I feared the Eagles more than Houston or Tampa or Giants or even Cincy going into New Orleans. The one game I get right was the Rams over Denver. And I did not have the balls to use that one. How does Cleveland knock the shit out of Cincy in their house, shut them down on defense, and then get scalded by a bunch of fucking nobodys? A rookie QB and the stats on rookie QB's winning under those circumstances sold me. And Foster was out. Cleveland is a team I cannot understand or Cincy. How about the Bengals? Can anyone figure them out?

Only 7 thousand people are left coast to coast. Many were whacked yesterday including yours truly. Thought I dodged a bullet skipping the Deadskins. Take Washington, Take Washington I heard all week. Nothing makes sense in the NFL any more. Just imagine the money the bookies hauled in yesterday. Just on Denver. They probably have at least half a dozen jumping off the Golden Gate bridge.

Wellllllll...that was certainly an interesting week in the NFL. But as much blood was spilled on everyone's sheets, certain things remained constant...for instance, the picking prowess of jb126 and Anjin-san. They tied for the Week 11 win. Congratulations to the both of you! :cheer: Must be the New England water...or the Sam Adams beer.

Incredibly, Anjin-san has now won 5 of the 11 weeks played so far...nearly 50%. Is there a major sports page prognosticator with such a gaudy win average? Certainly not the USA Today bozos. Yes, ebk, you should definitely rely on your own instincts and leave the USA Today guys in the garbage where they belong. They know as much about football as they do about news reporting.

With six weeks left, the top 5 remains relatively the same, with Anjin-san making a move past Walter into second place. jb126 keeps humming along, maintaining her 4 game advantage and staying away from any disastrous sub-.500 weeks...sorry Walter and Bong-Man. Here now the final tally for the week...

Week 11 Results

Anjin-san: 9-5*

jb126: 9-5*

apantherfrommd: 8-6

in_the_evening: 8-6

mack: 8-6

paul carruthers: 8-6

Strider: 8-6

jabe: 7-7

LedZeppfan77: 7-7

zepscoda: 7-7

ebk: 6-8

Walter: 6-8

Bong-Man: 5-9

Season Standings After 161 Games

1. jb126***: 110-50-1

2. Anjin-san*****: 106-54-1

3. Walter***: 105-55-1

4. apantherfrommd***: 103-57-1

5. Bong-Man*: 99-61-1

5. in_the_evening*: 99-61-1

6. Strider: 98-62-1

7. mack: 97-61-1

7. paul carruthers: 97-63-1

8. ebk**: 95-65-1

9. jabe*: 92-68-1

10. LedZeppfan77*: 91-69-1

11. zepscoda: 85-74-1

* = # of weeks won

Week 12 Schedule

Thursday Nov. 20

Kansas City @ Oakland

Sunday Nov. 23

Cleveland @ Atlanta

Tennessee @ Philadelphia

Detroit @ New England

Green Bay @ Minnesota

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

Cincinnati @ Houston

NY Jets @ Buffalo

Tampa Bay @ Chicago

Arizona @ Seattle

St. Louis @ San Diego

Miami @ Denver

Washington @ San Francisco

Dallas @ NY Giants

Monday Nov. 24

Baltimore @ New Orleans

Oakland (its going to happen, why not here and now. Chiefs likely fat and overconfident after win over Seattle)

Cleveland

Philly

Detroit

Green Bay

Indy

Cincy

Buffalo

Tampa

Seattle

St Louis (cant believe they are getting 5, Rams win outright)

Denver

SD

Dallas

Baltimore (Ravens getting 4, what a joke)

This one's on me...

Kansas City @ Oakland

Cleveland @ Atlanta

Tennessee @ Philadelphia

Detroit @ New England

Green Bay @ Minnesota

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

Cincinnati @ Houston

NY Jets @ Buffalo

Tampa Bay @ Chicago

Arizona @ Seattle

St. Louis @ San Diego