Nickelback

Charles J. White

Unfortunately I believe Carols suffered a stroke and had no idea he was playing with Kroeger. Once recovered he had another stroke after finding out he actually played with that self-absorbed fool.

Unfortunately I believe Carols suffered a stroke and had no idea he was playing with Kroeger. Once recovered he had another stroke after finding out he actually played with that self-absorbed fool.

:lol:

There are worse bands out there than Nickelback but there are also far more bands that are miles better in my opinion.

Santana can't be wrong:

Actually, Santana can be wrong...and has been wrong before...e.g. "I'm Winning", hooking up with that Matchbox 20 goof Rob Thomas.

Nickelback is shite. But there are plenty of shite bands out there. Train. Slipknot. Good Charlotte. Dawes. Whatever the latest teen-pop boy-band is hot...5 Seconds of Summer seems to be the current flash-in-the-pan.

The good thing is that they are all easy to ignore for the most part. They will all be forgotten and rotting in the dustbin of history in due time.

Actually, Santana can be wrong...and has been wrong before...e.g. "I'm Winning", hooking up with that Matchbox 20 goof Rob Thomas.

Nickelback is shite. But there are plenty of shite bands out there. Train. Slipknot. Good Charlotte. Dawes. Whatever the latest teen-pop boy-band is hot...5 Seconds of Summer seems to be the current flash-in-the-pan.

The good thing is that they are all easy to ignore for the most part. They will all be forgotten and rotting in the dustbin of history in due time.

To give Nickelback there due, they have have kept it going for 14 years, and I'm rather proud of the fact that Canada has produced the biggest selling rock band of the last decade so I'm not really sure you can call that a flash in the pan and Train has kept it going for 16 years. I disagree, I believe both Train and Nickelback will be bands that will have survived over time.

To give Nickelback there due, they have have kept it going for 14 years, and I'm rather proud of the fact that Canada has produced the biggest selling rock band of the last decade so I'm not really sure you can call that a flash in the pan and Train has kept it going for 16 years. I disagree, I believe both Train and Nickelback will be bands that will have survived over time.

And Status Quo kept it going for...hell, I lost count, haha. Longevity doesn't always equal quality. Go to any record store...you'll find Train, Nickleback in the dollar or less cut-out bins along with Status Quo.

Canada has heaps and heaps of far better artists to be proud of...Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Glenn Gould, Leonard Cohen, Gordon Lightfoot, Harmonium, The Band, Guess Who, Cowboy Junkies, Sarah McLachlan, even April Wine.

And Status Quo kept it going for...hell, I lost count, haha. Longevity doesn't always equal quality. Go to any record store...you'll find Train, Nickleback in the dollar or less cut-out bins along with Status Quo.

Canada has heaps and heaps of far better artists to be proud of...Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Glenn Gould, Leonard Cohen, Gordon Lightfoot, Harmonium, The Band, Guess Who, Cowboy Junkies, Sarah McLachlan, even April Wine.

Rush_2112.jpg

I think this sums up my attitude to Nickelback, I don't think they're completely godawful, in fact they have quite a few good songs it's just that there are far better young bands/artists out there like Rival Sons and Jack White that aren't playing rock music that is watered down. I have to confess that I did like them back when I was a young kid as it was the first time I had heard 'rock' music on the radio but then when I discovered Nirvana, Zeppelin and other bands that are more powerful I stopped listening to them pretty much.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What I find fascinating is that the lyrics from the following tune if they were penned by Bob Dylan, Ian Hunter, Neil Young, or John Lennon - that everyone in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, and London would be fawning all over them telling the world how important they are. Which I guess only goes to show that the critics are very very closed minded from my perspective when it comes to Nickelback:

"Edge Of A Revolution"

Head high, protest line
"Freedom" scribbled on your sign
Headline, New York Times
Standing on the edge of a revolution

Hey, hey, just obey.
Your secret's safe with the NSA
In God we trust or the CIA?
Standing on the edge of a revolution

Yeah, we're standing on the edge of a revolution
Revolution, revolution, revolution

No, we won't give up, we won't go away