Sloan

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, FL6 said:

I like them but I find their live show a bit boring, the drummer does too many songs which aren't very good but they do have quite a few songs that blow me away.

One of the great Canadian bands of all time, one of the great bands discovered in 1992 anywhere on the planet; a band with a deep catalogue of album tracks, and a catalogue of what should have been international rock radio hits but never was because it was one of those bands that never had the right management,  never had the right record deal (Geffen fucked them over for 1 album) and never had the right touring organization behind them.

I love them to bits, I really do, they play often in my car and in my headphones.

My dream would be for a band like Def Leppard to take them on a proper world tour as their opening act because I know it would go down a storm

3 hours ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

One of the great Canadian bands of all time, one of the great bands discovered in 1992 anywhere on the planet; a band with a deep catalogue of album tracks, and a catalogue of what should have been international rock radio hits but never was because it was one of those bands that never had the right management,  never had the right record deal (Geffen fucked them over for 1 album) and never had the right touring organization behind them.

I love them to bits, I really do, they play often in my car and in my headphones.

My dream would be for a band like Def Leppard to take them on a proper world tour as their opening act because I know it would go down a storm

I'm not as big a fan as you but I agree. I never understood why they never made it bigger, had no idea of their management situation, it's soooo important.

• 1 year later...

My only complaint about Sloan is that I generally feel the band needs to to focus much more on delivering background vocals from the 4 members of the band - the BV's is always Chris and Patrick - the 4 of them can sing and Jay and Andrew should be stepping up and delivering BV"s with Chris and Patrick

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2016 at 12:07 PM, FL6 said:

I'm not as big a fan as you but I agree. I never understood why they never made it bigger, had no idea of their management situation, it's soooo important.

they never made it big 'cause they came around during the whole grunge/britpop era, and since they were neither one...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...