'laugh' in TSRTS Dazed & Confused..?

RIP-IT-UP

What about the guy who walks on stage, reaches down by Jimmy's feet then walks off? What was that about?

This guy?

Screenshot2014-09-13152717_zps7d70bf59.p

I'm pretty sure this is Roy Harper. If you watch the part right before this, the cameraman steps on Jimmys WAH pedal at 14:40. Jimmy walks over and turns it off at 14:48. I would assume Harper came on stage because the cameraman was getting close to the WAH again.

It's Jimmy guitar, not a laugh. However, Roy Harper was there and if you watch very carefully during Whole Lotta Love you'll see Roy in the shadows of stage left shaking a small black rubber gorilla at Robert.

I've never noticed that, but I do recall reading Cole's account of that tour and his disbelief at Robert and Jimmy's admiration of Harper. I seem to remember Cole's description of Harper and the rubber gorilla. I guess Cole, not being the artists that Plant and Page were, saw Harper as being just a nutcase, enjoying the first class tour services at Zeppelin's expense.

This guy?

Screenshot2014-09-13152717_zps7d70bf59.p

I'm pretty sure this is Roy Harper. If you watch the part right before this, the cameraman steps on Jimmys WAH pedal at 14:40. Jimmy walks over and turns it off at 14:48. I would assume Harper came on stage because the cameraman was getting close to the WAH again.

The guy I'm referring to is towards the end. He has longish hair and is wearing a T-shirt and Jeans.

• 5 years later...
On 8/14/2014 at 3:24 AM, kingzoso said:

First of all:

1. I personally do not hear a laughing moment in which you are referring.

2. I like the segment between Jonesy and Bonzo when They are both facing each other and Jonesy plays a note and Bonzo shakes his head in disagreement (at the 6.04 mark) and then Jonesy slightly raises His hand to Bonzo and then Henry does a quick drum beat and Jonesy shakes His head in approval. This 10-15 seconds of actual filmed interaction between the two, somehow seems to Me to Epitomize the relationships between 2 of the Best Musicians of All-Time.

3. I hear Robert Plant sing: "You're going to meet a lot of Devil People there". Not "Gentle" people there.

Just what I see, hear and Believe.

No it’s “You’re gunna meet a lot of different people there”..

On 4/17/2020 at 12:08 AM, Dylan Rutherford said:

No it’s “You’re gunna meet a lot of different people there”..

Who knows, could be devil in reference to Anton LaVey's Satanic Temple located at 6114 California St. which was there from 1966 - 1997 functioning as such. This was an extremely popular spot for celebrities during the 60's & 70's and hosts of movie actors and musicians came and went.

LaVey's Satanic Church was far less church and far more party / sex / drugs house. The only devil present was when LaVey would walk around in that silly devil outfit while fondling naked women.

Sort of like a 60's version of this clown...everyone has got an angle:

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/irish-midget-accused-of-posing-as-a-leprechaun-to-extort-sex-from-26-women-in-exchange-for-pot-of-gold/

Actually, the midget story is fake but you get the idea.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Who knows, could be devil in reference to Anton LaVey's Satanic Temple located at 6114 California St. which was there from 1966 - 1997 functioning as such. This was an extremely popular spot for celebrities during the 60's & 70's and hosts of movie actors and musicians came and went.

LaVey's Satanic Church was far less church and far more party / sex / drugs house. The only devil present was when LaVey would walk around in that silly devil outfit while fondling naked women.

Sort of like a 60's version of this clown...everyone has got an angle:

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/irish-midget-accused-of-posing-as-a-leprechaun-to-extort-sex-from-26-women-in-exchange-for-pot-of-gold/

Actually, the midget story is fake but you get the idea.

It has nothing to do with satan, crowely or lavey for cripes sake its 20 fucking 20 can we finally put this satan shit to rest!!

4 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

It has nothing to do with satan, crowely or lavey for cripes sake its 20 fucking 20 can we finally put this satan shit to rest!!

Calm down bud, I was only making light which should have been obvious with the midget Irishman but I guess that is asking too much

4 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Its Gentle people!! not devil people!!

As discussed earlier in the thread, it's "dental people". The whole film is a homage to dentistry. When JPJ receives the note Peter left while he was out he says aloud, "tour dates!" and SMILES broadly. When Robert is in the dressing room discussing pirated posters he SMILES and suggests they should be pirates. The camera focuses on the beautiful Indian woman during SIBLY and she SMILES widely. When the fans without tickets are allowed in they express excitement and SMILE. Finally, as if all of this evidence is not convincing enough, when the show is over and they walk to the limos Jimmy turns towards Robert, sees he is receiving a joint and turns back to the camera with a huge SMILE.  

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

As discussed earlier in the thread, it's "dental people". The whole film is a homage to dentistry. When JPJ receives the note Peter left while he was out he says aloud, "tour dates!" and SMILES broadly. When Robert is in the dressing room discussing pirated posters he SMILES and suggests they should be pirates. The camera focuses on the beautiful Indian woman during SIBLY and she SMILES widely. When the fans without tickets are allowed in they express excitement and SMILE. Finally, as if all of this evidence is not convincing enough, when the show is over and they walk to the limos Jimmy turns towards Robert, sees he is receiving a joint and turns back to the camera with a huge SMILE.  

I would agree with this however that would be supposition and we surely can't do that.