Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

• 1 month later...

The Rolling Stones will open their 2015 North American tour at Petco Park in San Diego on Sunday, May 24, sources have said. An announcement of the Memorial Day Weekend show, and other dates in the tour, is scheduled for March 19. According to sources, tickets will go on sale to the public on Monday, March 30. There will be a presale for American Express cardholders beginning Thursday, March 26 at 10 a.m. Meanwhile, promotional billboards of the band's logo with "You Get What You Need -- Thursday" have been spotted in Oklahoma & Georgia.

This from BUFFALO:

Edited by SteveAJones

• 3 weeks later...

Just pre-ordered the five disc set so I can get the "Live at Leeds" disc (and an unwanted 7inch single) for £75 inc postage, it's over £40 more than the three disc set.

I could just go for the download of "Leeds" to save a load of money but a paid for download file is not for me, old school I am and old school I shall remain.

Edited by JTM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^^^Did you get in 2bit?

No luck for me. The tix went on sale at 12noon at the rollingstones.com website. Tickets were $5...yes, you read that right...five dollars.

Everyone was on their personal google machines feverishly trying to get past the virtual waiting room and to the actual ticket-buying page. When I got thru, the tickets were already gone and that was the story for most of us in line.

Later, I tried alternate methods but there were no tickets to be had. I gave up around 7pm and went to a movie instead.

Last night's "Sticky Fingers" concert was filmed for a future video release.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Sticky Fingers remaster (the double vinyl) last night. Got home too late to give it a listen, I plan to tonight.

Anyone else get theirs yet?

I'm sitting here in Hotel in Ireland while my super deluxe Sticky Fingers is sitting at home waiting for me, roll on Friday when I can go home and rip open that lovely brown Amazon box.

Their Atlanta concert was a barn burner. They are the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time.

I made the decision not to join my brother in Dallas last week because I thought it would let my last time seeing them be the show from a few years ago where Mick Taylor joined. My brother said last weekend's show was fantastic.

Listened to the traditional Sticky Fingers remaster last night. So good. Look forward to hearing the companion record.

I made the decision not to join my brother in Dallas last week because I thought it would let my last time seeing them be the show from a few years ago where Mick Taylor joined. My brother said last weekend's show was fantastic.

Listened to the traditional Sticky Fingers remaster last night. So good. Look forward to hearing the companion record.

By all accounts, the Dallas show was also outstanding. I had seen some complaints that the venue's gigantic big screen which hangs over the field was not used but as we all know there are three massive screens in use on the stage.

I did see them at Tokyo Dome last year with Mick Taylor and so as much as I don't "need" to see them on this tour I definitely "want" to because the fairly recent passing of Bobby Keys reminded me that nothing lasts forever, not even The Rolling Stones. If all goes according to plan I will travel to catch them play a couple dates in the mid-west next month.

^ Too bad for the folks at the Citrus Bowl, waiting for the Stones show...severe thunderstorms have hit the area and there is a steady stream of it heading towards downtown over the next few hours. Hopefully it'll break up before getting there! If 2bit is going to the show - stay safe!!!