Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

That's a very subjective opinion there. Both are friggin' masterpieces, it boils down to preference. Personally I like Sticky Fingers above them all.

So true Rock Action. Actually it's hard to pick just one "best album" from that entire run from 1968's "Beggars Banquet" to 1972's "Exile on Main St.". They are all killer.

So true Rock Action. Actually it's hard to pick just one "best album" from that entire run from 1968's "Beggars Banquet" to 1972's "Exile on Main St.". They are all killer.

These are the 4 Stones albums that truly set the bar extremely high for the band. Honestly, sometimes it all depends on my mood. But these 4 are head and shoulders above anything else they ever did. I love all 4 of them!

So true. But if it had to be one, a desert album disc choice for instance. It would be Let It Bleed.

These are the 4 Stones albums that truly set the bar extremely high for the band. Honestly, sometimes it all depends on my mood. But these 4 are head and shoulders above anything else they ever did. I love all 4 of them!

Don't forget "Get Your Ya Yas Out!", their best live album was also released in this period.

Has anyone been watching "Crossfiire Hurricane"? I caught it about five minutes in and fell asleep about an hour into it (not because it was boring, because I was exhausted). I will definitely watch it in its entirety when I next have the chance. The first half is loaded with before unseen (by me) performance and interview footage.

Has anyone been watching "Crossfiire Hurricane"? I caught it about five minutes in and fell asleep about an hour into it (not because it was boring, because I was exhausted). I will definitely watch it in its entirety when I next have the chance. The first half is loaded with before unseen (by me) performance and interview footage.

Part two is on BBC 2 Saturday night followed by The Rolling Stones at the BBC after that there is a repeat of the Keith Richards Culture Show Special. Sunday night sees the first TV showing of Charlie Is My Darling.

Mick Taylor, really? I wonder what "guest" means for him? Will he play the entire show?

Thanks for that scoop.

I don't think so, they have Woody for that, and he's very good at what he does! I listen alot to Some Girls, I realy love that album, but Exile, Sticky Fingers and Beggars Banquet are also my favorites.

I heard from a very realiable source that the Stones are gonna tour Europe in early 2013.

I don't think so, they have Woody for that, and he's very good at what he does!

That makes sense, I was so excited to see the news that I lost my mind for a bit. I don't know if Taylor would be in shape for a full show anyway.

Starting now a Rolling Stones special on BBC 1s Live One Show..Keef is being interviewed NOW....... Charlie is up next followed by Ronnie then Mick. Good to see the four of them fit and healthy and raring to go for their five up coming pre xmas shows. I got the impression that there could be quite a few more gigs than the ones that have already been announced....Fingers crossed here for something open air next summer.

Edited by JTM

Just watched it on HBO and quite enjoyed it. Lots of new-to-me footage, too.

Howdy ebk.

I was able to watch the whole of "Crossfire Hurricane". Very good for the mostpart. The second hour had 10 or 15 minutes of footage from "Gimme Shelter" and some interesting bits about how Taylor and Wood came to the band.

When I got to see it from the start, I wondered why Brian Jones was not listed in the opening credits. Then I figured it out, only the members who spoke presently/recently were listed. One complaint is that a few times I didn't know who was speaking off camera.

Too bad about the heroin addictions of Richards, Jones and Taylor. I don't think I new this about Taylor, or perhpaps I forgot.

Can anyone explain to me what the overall appeal of "Exile" is?

I mean, yeah, it has a semi-interesting story behind it (though way tooo druggy, even for me), and there are a few good songs "Rocks Off" "Shake Your Hips" "Tumbling Dice" "Sweet Virginia" "Loving Cup" and "Happy", but as a whole, I just don't like the album.

I have honestly only been able to sit through the album once - when I first bought it. After that, I may listen to some of the best tracks off it, but I can't put it on as I can Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Some Girls, and hell, even It's Only Rock N Roll and Beggars Banquet.

The album just seems like an average Stones album, not even their sleaziest.

Can anyone explain to me what the overall appeal of "Exile" is?

I mean, yeah, it has a semi-interesting story behind it (though way tooo druggy, even for me), and there are a few good songs "Rocks Off" "Shake Your Hips" "Tumbling Dice" "Sweet Virginia" "Loving Cup" and "Happy", but as a whole, I just don't like the album.

I'd agree the album is overated on account of the over-mythologized backstory behind the making of the it.