Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard "Doom and Gloom" for the first time on the radio. I hope that's not the best song on their new record.

Don't hold your breath. The Stones have been running on autopilot for years now. They're a corporate brand and corporations need product, whether it's good or not, to satisfy the bottom-line. Fortunately for the Stones, there are just enough delusional Stones-sycophants who will swallow whatever shit they put out.

Don't hold your breath. The Stones have been running on autopilot for years now. They're a corporate brand and corporations need product, whether it's good or not, to satisfy the bottom-line. Fortunately for the Stones, there are just enough delusional Stones-sycophants who will swallow whatever shit they put out.

QFT.

I think the only reason they are still pretending to be alive is to prevent anyone else from being revered as the longest-running band of all time. I'm thinking Status Quo here, with whom they have an awful lot in common - not least the fact that neither has made a decent album since the mid-70s.

QFT.

I think the only reason they are still pretending to be alive is to prevent anyone else from being revered as the longest-running band of all time. I'm thinking Status Quo here, with whom they have an awful lot in common - not least the fact that neither has made a decent album since the mid-70s.

Oh, puh-leze, and comparisons are being made between arguably the greatest rock n' roll band of all time and freaking Status Quo? C'mon man. Steel Wheels & Bridges to Babylon immediately come to mind as all-around solid rock albums, and the Steel Wheels tour was epic in it's scope and grandure. Mick Jagger's level of ambition is second to none.

I do love the Rolling Stones. However, I saw their last show on PPV. I really feel it is time for them to step down. While most of the songs sounded okay, there was zero energy until Mick Taylor came on and did Midnight Rambler. I paid a lot of attention to Keith throughout the evening and clearly he was doing very little. Thankfully, Ronnie was there covering his @$$. Mick Jagger looked really good and healthy, but you can tell he's slowing down. I never was one for his "front-manship", so seeing less spazzing out was good for me. Is "front-mahship" a word? I guess it is now. Ha Ha! And Charlie, well what can I say? Charlie still has that happy impish grin on his face. Always has and that is one of the reasons I like him.

This is why I will say time and time again, I am so glad Led Zeppelin went out when they were still on top (not that I am not terribly sad about Bonham's death). This is why I am so glad they did the one-off in 2007 and did not continue with a tour. I would have hated to have seen them fizzle out as the tour went on. Let's face it, age does catch up with all of us.

The shit your throwing at theStones & The Quo you could aim at AC/DC or Rush

Except Rush continues to push new ground with their songs, pushing themselves and haven't deteriorated over the years? Rush hardly deserves any flack really. AC/DC still pump out mega riff hit after hit, they still got it and still have energy.

Except Rush continues to push new ground with their songs, pushing themselves and haven't deteriorated over the years? Rush hardly deserves any flack really. AC/DC still pump out mega riff hit after hit, they still got it and still have energy.

Exactly! How many greatest hits discs have AC/DC put out?