Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

AC/DC DO SOUND THE SAME AND RUSH SOUND LIKE 8TH RATE YES TRIBUTE ACT

Look, I don't care for AC/DC and I don't listen to much Rush, but I don't bash you for posting songs by Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, and Nicki Minaj in the Song Name Game thread.

P.S. Why does your font change with almost every post you make?

Edited by Led Dirigible

Look, I don't care for AC/DC and I don't listen to much Rush, but I don't bash you for posting songs by Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, and Nicki Minaj in the Song Name Game thread.

P.S. Why does your font change with almost every post you make?

Hey its a stones post , people seem happy to bash them , ifs that's ok why not other artists , somebody earlier had a dig at status quo , just because I've posted the above song by those artist does n't mean I'm trying to say listen to these ,Regarding font I have allsorts of problems with typing sometimes it appears so small its unreadable , I've already moaned about youtube videos sometimes not having windows and just appearing as website addresses

Hey its a stones post , people seem happy to bash them

There's no reason to post in a band or artist's thread and "bash" them except to cause a shitfight.

If you dislike a band then don't post in the thread.And don't try to lead people on with off topic crap either.

I do love the Rolling Stones. However, I saw their last show on PPV. I really feel it is time for them to step down. While most of the songs sounded okay, there was zero energy until Mick Taylor came on and did Midnight Rambler. I paid a lot of attention to Keith throughout the evening and clearly he was doing very little. Thankfully, Ronnie was there covering his @$$. Mick Jagger looked really good and healthy, but you can tell he's slowing down. I never was one for his "front-manship", so seeing less spazzing out was good for me. Is "front-mahship" a word? I guess it is now. Ha Ha! And Charlie, well what can I say? Charlie still has that happy impish grin on his face. Always has and that is one of the reasons I like him.

This is why I will say time and time again, I am so glad Led Zeppelin went out when they were still on top (not that I am not terribly sad about Bonham's death). This is why I am so glad they did the one-off in 2007 and did not continue with a tour. I would have hated to have seen them fizzle out as the tour went on. Let's face it, age does catch up with all of us.

At least Led Zeppelin didn't have guest artist sitting in on songs. The Stones seem to have a need for the special guest BS. I draw the line at Lady Gaga sitting in on "Gimme Shelter" as that's my favorite song to hear the Stones do live and when you have that thing singing on it you've done muddied up my creek.

At least Led Zeppelin didn't have guest artist sitting in on songs. The Stones seem to have a need for the special guest BS. I draw the line at Lady Gaga sitting in on "Gimme Shelter" as that's my favorite song to hear the Stones do live and when you have that thing singing on it you've done muddied up my creek.

Thing? Although I am not into Lady Gaga I find that highly insulting to refer to her as a "thing".

Calling Lady Gaga "thing" highly insulting and vulgar? This is a rock 'n' roll site isn't it? This takes me back to the days when women got up in arms over the words to "Under My Thumb".

Just because we like Rock N Roll DOES NOT mean we excuse the vulgar sayings of people. If you want to insult a musician who is just doing her thing and making a ton of money at the same time, go for it, but you'll get flak for it, and you just did.

Just because we like Rock N Roll DOES NOT mean we excuse the vulgar sayings of people. If you want to insult a musician who is just doing her thing and making a ton of money at the same time, go for it, but you'll get flak for it, and you just did.

Don't worry about it, Spartan. Not all people have class and respect, as evidence by that statement!

I got pulled over by the PC police. Maybe I should have called her a "squermin' dog" who's having her day.

Ah, the things some people find to be offended by.

Sounds like YOU are the one offended by others not supporting your take. In the grand scheme of things, who the fuck cares what you think of her. She at least breathed some life into that tired sounding, shell of a band performing that night. :rolleyes:

I got pulled over by the PC police. Maybe I should have called her a "squermin' dog" who's having her day.

Ah, the things some people find to be offended by.

Or, you know, you could do what those rockstars do and show some respect, even if it isn't your thing. It's called, you know, showing a decent amount of respect for another human being.

Or, you know, you could do what those rockstars do and show some respect, even if it isn't your thing. It's called, you know, showing a decent amount of respect for another human being.

Part of the fun of discussing music, especially rock 'n' roll, is to use sarcasm. Anyone who tries to convey they don't use equally strong words such as "that thing", when giving thier opinion of music they don't care for, is a lier.

I'm not so sure if the Stones are showing respect for those other musicians they have sitting in with them or if they're more so expoiting them out of greed. But that's another dicussion.

Edited by Gospel Zone

Evidently you.

That would be an incorrect assumption on your part. Someone who dehumanizes another person to the point of referring to them as a "thing" obviously has issues. You weren't referring to her music either, like you are attempting to back pedal to - above^. Point made, I'm out.

Listening to "Tattoo You" currently - LOVE 'Waiting On A Friend'! :yesnod:

Edited by Walter

That would be an incorrect assumption on your part. Someone who dehumanizes another person to the point of referring to them as a "thing" obviously has issues. You weren't referring to her music either, like you are attempting to back pedal to - above^. Point made, I'm out.

Listening to "Tattoo You" currently - LOVE 'Waiting On A Friend'! :yesnod:

Oh, she's in the music business?

a

I hope this is viewable overseas,maybe someone could let me know?

It's The Stones doco "Crossfire Hurricane" on ABC iview,there's 9 days left to watch it.

http://www.abc.net.a...ew/#/view/30149

When I tryed it here in the USA it says:

"Due to copyright reasons this video program is available for download by people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

If you ARE located in Australia and feel an error has been made we would appreciate your help with improving this service. Please provide your details to help us resolve the problem."

When I tryed it here in the USA it says:

"Due to copyright reasons this video program is available for download by people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

If you ARE located in Australia and feel an error has been made we would appreciate your help with improving this service. Please provide your details to help us resolve the problem."

That's disappointing,I was hoping that I could throw a freebie out there.

Well,it's free to Australian residents,and maybe NZ too.

Thanks!