Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

A sad deluded junkie whose group did nothing for me when i saw them. They did a couple of tunes that were passable but I have never owned an album by them and likely never will. I think sour grapes comes to mind. Especially when our lads outsold them on their 72 tour ( i think) in fact on most tours

Let's not get sucked into weaselgarlic's bullshit,people.It posted that YouTube vid of Keith Richard to get a negative response and as an attempt to bring the thread down.

It's a better idea not to turn this into a Stones Vs. ______ because of a weasely little bell-end troll.

Let's not get sucked into weaselgarlic's bullshit,people.It posted that YouTube vid of Keith Richard to get a negative response and as an attempt to bring the thread down.

It's a better idea not to turn this into a Stones Vs. ______ because of a weasely little bell-end troll.

wow a tad over excited there.....Jimmy played the solo on this track One Hit To The Body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbmgsuHcYY

I don't think the Dirty Work album is half bad as the bad reviews it gets , It's better than Steel Wheels

Edited by weslgarlic

A sad deluded junkie whose group did nothing for me when i saw them. They did a couple of tunes that were passable but I have never owned an album by them and likely never will. I think sour grapes comes to mind. Especially when our lads outsold them on their 72 tour ( i think) in fact on most tours

On that subject, the old brag about Led Zeppelin out selling The Beatles in concert doesn't mean much when you consider that The Beatles weren't touring when Led Zeppelin toured. Now If we could magically bring back both bands, who would win?

White Horses, Paint It Black, and Sympathy For the Devil were the only Stones song I ever liked. I thought Sympathy For the Devil in particular had some very tasteful guitar work.

It's Wild Horses, not White Horses.

I'm not going to try to convert you to the Stones, because at this point in your life, you like what you like and trying to change your mind would be beating a dead...wait for it...horse.

It's Wild Horses, not White Horses.

I'm not going to try to convert you to the Stones, because at this point in your life, you like what you like and trying to change your mind would be beating a dead...wait for it...horse.

Thanks for pointing that out mate, I corrected the error. As you call tell, I know some of the Rolling Stones stuff, but not much. I thought of another Stones song I like - 2000 Light Years From Home

• 3 weeks later...

Never, ever would I say that the atmosphere of the Stones was relaxed and happy. These five incredibly strong personalities were definitely guarded, controlling their emotions. They weren't very open with EACH OTHER, so they certainly couldn't have appeared relaxed to outsiders! It was just this tension, a moodiness, a sulking. You could never call them hypocrites. They're all very real, whether their nastiness or niceness is showing. But they exercised what I'd describe as controlling silences... They're not demonstrative. It's a loose-sounding band but they're not loose people! I've never in my life experienced five such uptight people. On the other hand, if somebody's sick or in a crisis, they have always been very good and loyal.

- Astrid Lundstrom, quoted in Bill Wyman's 'Stone Alone' (1990)

The legendary 1964 TAMI show. The TeenAge Music International awards show was held in Santa Monica in front of a packed house of screaming teens. The line-up included, the Supremes, the Beach Boys, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Leslie Gore, Jan & Dean, Gerry and the Pacemakers, and Chuck Berry.The Rolling Stones were booked to close the show, and James Brown preceded them on the bill (Brown also didn’t want to rehearse, according to director Steve Binder). Music folklore has the Stones completely freaked out to follow him–some sources have Mick Jagger chain smoking and/or puking before going on. Rick Rubin wrote in Rolling Stone:

You have the Rolling Stones on the same stage, all of the important rock acts of the day, doing their best–and James Brown comes out and destroys them.

Mick does seem to be imitating some of Brown's footwork.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nybY647F0

FANTASTIC!!