Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 10:55 AM, Walter said:

Goddamn...I remember watching that show back in '89 on Much Music (back when Much Music, like MTV, still relied on MUSIC related content!). If memory serves the current POTUS introduced the Stones that night (they were playing Trump's venue, after all). I wonder if given the current political climate if they'll cut out The Donald's intro...😆

11 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Goddamn...I remember watching that show back in '89 on Much Music (back when Much Music, like MTV, still relied on MUSIC related content!). If memory serves the current POTUS introduced the Stones that night (they were playing Trump's venue, after all). I wonder if given the current political climate if they'll cut out The Donald's intro...😆

I didn’t see that part of it. Given he’s been using their music without their blessing, I doubt it.  
Recorded the show off the radio on two cassettes with the interviews preshow - a few years later a stones fan snaked them from me. I’ve watched it plenty of times (as I’m sure you have) but am looking forward to a proper release.
Saw them on that tour at the carrier dome in Syracuse. Good times. 

"Scarlet"...I wish they'd left the thing instrumental, Mick's seventy year old vocals on fourty year old backing tracks is wearing kinda thin for me now. As far as Stones/Page collaborations go, give me "One Hit To The Body" over "Scarlet" any day.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:10 PM, Nutrocker said:

"Scarlet"...I wish they'd left the thing instrumental, Mick's seventy year old vocals on fourty year old backing tracks is wearing kinda thin for me now. As far as Stones/Page collaborations go, give me "One Hit To The Body" over "Scarlet" any day.

Their last few promotional videos -- Living In a Ghost Town, Criss Cross, Scarlet with Paul what's his face -- are just bloody awful.

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Their last few promotional videos -- Living In a Ghost Town, Criss Cross, Scarlet with Paul what's his face -- are just bloody awful.

Honestly, Steve, the last Stones video I actually paid attention to was probably "Mixed Emotions" thirty years ago😅 Most Stones promo videos are awful, almost as a rule..."It's Only Rock And Roll" with the sailor suits and soapsuds, anyone?😅

7 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Honestly, Steve, the last Stones video I actually paid attention to was probably "Mixed Emotions" thirty years ago😅 Most Stones promo videos are awful, almost as a rule..."It's Only Rock And Roll" with the sailor suits and soapsuds, anyone?😅

That might be the single worst video, ever.  Harlem Shuffle another bad one.  I always liked the Waiting On A Friend video when it was originally on MTV, only to find out years later it was the Physical Graffiti building. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...