Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Walter said:

Stones doing 14 dates this spring/summer in Europe for their 60th anniversary...no Wyman or Taylor though. 

They're playing a half hour or so drive (give or take) away from me "Anfield Stadium Liverpool". Ticket prices are ridiculous, decided not go, Mrs JTM not interested either. Besides I don't want to risk making my tinitus any worse than it is, sadly it looks like my concert going days are over.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:02 PM, The Pagemeister said:

This, I am looking forward to, about time El Mocambo got released in full. It should have come out in 77, all four sides of Love You Live instead of just one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

June 3, 1972. Vancouver. The Rolling Stones 1972 North American tour commences. The infamous S.T.P. (Stones Touring Party) tour would run two months through the end of July. Jack Daniel's, Tequila Sunrises, coke, speed and heroin would fuel the band through the tour.

In fact, it was the Rolling Stones' love of Tequila Sunrises that would help popularize the drink nationwide.

Pasche-Rolling-Stones-American-Tour_3.thumb.jpg.b2773d9778045a8500e56f2a369ca547.jpg

Ethan Russell took this photo of Keef as the band went through customs to enter Canada for the Vancouver gig.

image.jpeg.3ecf2af5df1daccb3d77106e5828bc2d.jpeg

The Rolling Stones hit town 50 years ago as the 1972 S.T.P. rolled through Southern California. I had tickets to the June 9 Hollywood Palladium show and the June 11 Fabulous Forum early show. My first time seeing the Rolling Stones (and Stevie Wonder)...and 50 years and almost 30 other Stones concerts later, still the greatest Stones shows I ever saw. With the Beatles broken up, and Jimi, Janis, and Jim dead, it was a chance to see one of the few remaining old guard groups still in their prime. Incredible as it seems now, there were even some media accounts that suggested the 1972 tour could be the last Rolling Stones tour. I mean, the Stones were over 30 ferchrissakes...and the motto of that era was "Never trust anyone over 30".

FB_IMG_1654836998175.jpg.8f8bafe992d0d729cec4b9d7b5c0d409.jpg

FB_IMG_1654837006423.jpg.6ff4fdc7ab13e77ea457bbfabf394e4e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 2:42 AM, Strider said:

Yes, another round of Stones documentaries. Meanwhile, I wait for just one Led Zeppelin documentary. Taps fingers.

I just saw this guy on YouTube do a special on the song D'yer Maker.  LZ never played this song live.  He says they never played it again after Houses of the Holy was put out.  One of those rare top 40 songs.  i always did like it as it really showed the precision of Bonzo's drumming once again. just like Rock n Roll, the song starts out with Bonzo's drumming.  The band had mixed reviews. Jonesy hated it. I doubt Bonzo liked it much either. But it was a success.  I was surprised to learn that Houses was number 4 in sales of LZ albums.  IV was first as expected, then PG, II and then HOTH.  That is pretty much my order if I had to pick.  But its a tough call between Houses, I, and III.   All great in their own rights.