Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Virginia

Binge Watching favorites (TV)

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Binged all 10 episodes over the weekend.... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT ! 

Robert Wise's 1963's The Haunting is one of my favorite horror movies of all time and this new mini series is just as fantastic.  The character development is deep and ongoing throughout the entire series,  and Timothy Hutton's performance is great. He delivers so much subtle nuance in this role, it's refreshing to watch.

download.jpg

That's next on our  list

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

That's next on our  list

Mr's JTM and I dumped it after three episodes, thought it was shite. Without the sound effects it's about as scary as Andy Pandy.

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Mr's JTM and I dumped it after three episodes, thought it was shite. Without the sound effects it's about as scary as Andy Pandy.

No doubt it's a slow burn. Not a typical roller coaster modern era horror.  It's as much a family drama as it is a horror flick. That was the unique thing about it that drew me in.

Has anyone else watched Homeland? I'm watching it now; currently in season 4 in Islamabad. Season 4 is like a totally different show than 1-3. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also recently watched Grace & Frankie and really enjoyed that!

Just finished season 1 of Berlin Station. I love my espionage thrillers 

16 hours ago, Virginia said:

Has anyone else watched Homeland? I'm watching it now; currently in season 4 in Islamabad. Season 4 is like a totally different show than 1-3. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also recently watched Grace & Frankie and really enjoyed that!

Enjoy those first three seasons - they were spectacular.  The series goes down hill after that.  I'll still watch the last season to complete the series. 

20 hours ago, Virginia said:

Stick with it, the last three seasons are spectacular.

49 minutes ago, JTM said:

Stick with it, the last three seasons are spectacular.

I think that the whole "Homeland" series was spectacular and awesome. 

Try the "Americans".  That was a great series also.

13 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

Thanks; I've watched the first 3-4 episodes and couldn't get into it, but I have heard good things about it.

Thanks JTM and Stryder1978! I also enjoyed 24 but I think I like Homeland better; the pace of 24 was almost too much.

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I'm not familiar with The Americans, not sure if it's been shown over here.  But yeah, Homeland, it's all been great.

If you get Netflix, give "Mindhunter" a shot.  Only one season so far, but it was great!  Series about the beginning of the FBI's serial killer section and how they developed.

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

If you get Netflix, give "Mindhunter" a shot.  Only one season so far, but it was great!  Series about the beginning of the FBI's serial killer section and how they developed.

I binged that one when it was a new release, I liked it.

14 hours ago, JTM said:

I'm not familiar with The Americans, not sure if it's been shown over here.  But yeah, Homeland, it's all been great.

Not sure if it's the same in the UK as the US, but it's on Amazon Prime Video here.

Posted (edited)

I've just started "The Bureau"; the French spy series (watching in French w/subtitles, as my French is very rusty). Very good so far.

Edited by Virginia

Just watched Ricky Gervais's new comedy Afterlife. Hilariously dark. Also we just finished all 3 seasons of Fargo. Magnificent.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Just watched Ricky Gervais's new comedy Afterlife. Hilariously dark. Also we just finished all 3 seasons of Fargo. Magnificent.

We binged After Life as well and I concur, its brilliant. Ricky Gervias is a fucking GENIUS. After we finished the series, we took a look at Derek - another series by Ricky. @chillumpuffer - Derek is just as good. Funny as fuck and really interesting characters. Very funny and very sad within minutes.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

We binged After Life as well and I concur, its brilliant. Ricky Gervias is a fucking GENIUS. After we finished the series, we took a look at Derek - another series by Ricky. @chillumpuffer - Derek is just as good. Funny as fuck and really interesting characters. Very funny and very sad within minutes.

Yeah Derek got a lot of complaints about it's subject matter. Might take a shufty at it. We loved Extras and of course the office.

2 other hilarious box sets to watch, assuming you haven't already done it are: Lead Balloon: Jack Dee's wonderful TV  "star" Rick Spleen is fantastic. So dry and deadpan funny. But us being northerners the best ever is: Early Doors. Set in a Manchester Pub, it just oozes class and so funny. Pisses on the Royal Family,  written by local lad to me Craig Cash, who also stars and wrote Early Doors

Edited by chillumpuffer