Binge Watching favorites (TV)

Virginia

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Watching all seven seasons of The Soprano's again...for the third time.

Damn I miss James Gandolfini, guy was a truly gifted actor.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of watching it for the umtenth time too.  Episode 12, Season 3 is where I'm at.  The Russian in the woods episode was that last one I saw....epic.  Pauly's face as they drove away after not finding him was the best!  

About to start watching "The Outsider" on HBO.  Only 1 episode has played, so not a binge watch.  

I'm not much for Netflix "originals" but, holy crap...if you have Netflix, you gotta watch "Messiah".  Best show I've seen in a long time.  Story is riveting along the lines of "Homeland" Seasons 1&2 or even "Breaking Bad"!!!  You can't wait till the next episode...it really keeps you guessing.  Not one slow episode in the whole first season.  THAT is the only down side - only the first season is out.  

On 1/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Any Ray Donovan fan?  If so can you believe the season finale?  Sucks.  Cant leave us hanging

I hear ya, just watching it now out of habit. It was a great show for the first two seasons and then became redundant, and is now just silly.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I hear ya, just watching it now out of habit. It was a great show for the first two seasons and then became redundant, and is now just silly.

Totally agree....normally even when a series gets bad, I watch it to it's conclusion, but after that last season in NY, I've given up on Ray. 

"Fleabag". British series. Only six episodes per season so it was really easy to zip through both seasons in a weekend. I hated "Girls" and could barely tolerate "Sex in the City" but grew to like "Fleabag". Maybe being British helps.

Going to start "Succession" next...I've heard nothing but raves since it started airing.

17 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

It makes no sense to leave the fans, and there are quite a few members on the site, me included, HANGING.  Mickey needs to be taken out.  By either Ray or Bridget.  I can see that if a season 8 is coming and I think it will eventually.  I like the show. But they say 8 would be the end.  So no doubt, Jon Voight goes out with a bang!    I always liked Jon

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It makes no sense to leave the fans, and there are quite a few members on the site, me included, HANGING.  Mickey needs to be taken out.  By either Ray or Bridget.  I can see that if a season 8 is coming and I think it will eventually.  I like the show. But they say 8 would be the end.  So no doubt, Jon Voight goes out with a bang!    I always liked Jon

Mickey has become a caricature at this point. When he survived...impossibly at that, the bus explosion, the show had not only jumped the shark, but had inappropriate relations with said shark as well. That was a massive explosion, he would have had to of jumped out of the bus at least a 1/4 mile before he even saw the tanker truck yet they show Mickey, still in the bus, when the tanker truck was mere feet and seconds away from impact.

Either that or they are pulling a Battlestar Galactica in which case that is not Mickey but Mickey's ghost or, whatever. Such a shame too because the show has an amazing cast and great acting, but the plots and story lines are just too outrageous at this point.

16 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Mickey has become a caricature at this point. When he survived...impossibly at that, the bus explosion, the show had not only jumped the shark, but had inappropriate relations with said shark as well. That was a massive explosion, he would have had to of jumped out of the bus at least a 1/4 mile before he even saw the tanker truck yet they show Mickey, still in the bus, when the tanker truck was mere feet and seconds away from impact.

Either that or they are pulling a Battlestar Galactica in which case that is not Mickey but Mickey's ghost or, whatever. Such a shame too because the show has an amazing cast and great acting, but the plots and story lines are just too outrageous at this point.

My favorite scene was when Ray jumped of the building next to the Brooklyn Bridge into the Hudson River with the song by David Bowie, "Rock n Roll Suicide" playing.  Following his late wife Abby off the building.   So now Terry is on top of a NY Building  And they leave us hanging

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My favorite scene was when Ray jumped of the building next to the Brooklyn Bridge into the Hudson River with the song by David Bowie, "Rock n Roll Suicide" playing.  Following his late wife Abby off the building.   So now Terry is on top of a NY Building  And they leave us hanging

Terry better have a blow torch on him if he wants to jump off the ESB, that's one big cage on the observation deck. At this point, anything is possible.

9 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Terry better have a blow torch on him if he wants to jump off the ESB, that's one big cage on the observation deck. At this point, anything is possible.

Ha, never thought about that.  Not sure why he is up there?  To reflect?  Or jump?  Another mystery unanswered

On 1/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Thank you for that. I watched the first season of Ray and sort of got distracted during season 2 and lost interest. Now I know I haven't missed anything and there is no need to waste time watching the rest.

3 hours ago, chef free said:

ALL 12 seasons of Trailer Park Boys, sort of the Freak Brothers of Canada!

Awesome show! Mr. Lahey was the best...I am the liquor!

The Rush moments are iconic. Even Sebastian Bach was funny on that show.

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Thank you for that. I watched the first season of Ray and sort of got distracted during season 2 and lost interest. Now I know I haven't missed anything and there is no need to waste time watching the rest.

Awesome show! Mr. Lahey was the best...I am the liquor!

The Rush moments are iconic. Even Sebastian Bach was funny on that show.

I'm in the pocket Randy!

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Been watching Black Mirror from the pen of Charlie Brooker. Weird Twilight Zone stuff. Fantastic. Makes for weird dreams at night especially after a few buds !  

The first season that was on Netflix was terrific, but the stuff that has come out after has not been up to snuff, IMO.

The pig fucker was too much! :hysterical: 

2 hours ago, Walter said:

The first season that was on Netflix was terrific, but the stuff that has come out after has not been up to snuff, IMO.

The pig fucker was too much! :hysterical: 

Watched the Piggy one last night. Yes sure was weird. Hope all well Chuck. Just cropped my Pineapple Express and Lemon OG. Lovely buddage

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Watching all seven seasons of The Soprano's again...for the third time.

Damn I miss James Gandolfini, guy was a truly gifted actor.

Great series but I kind of hated all of the excessive "T&A" which I suppose was required by some executive types at HBO in their misguided thinking that that would be the thing which would make people tune in and pay for a subscription.

Hollywood does that all the time. If they are worried they won't get a R rating they put in a woman's bare nipple in a scene. Don't want a G rating, they add a few four letter words and viola--- a PG-13.

To tell a good story you don't need gratuitous sex and violence. Having the proper measure of each is in the art of good film making. 

Edited by kipper