What are you not eating?

Charles J. White

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to this as I rarely eat red meat. I do like lamb chops and had them for first time in years last month ( in mint jelly). I would not eat Veal. Must have my morning coffee. And as far as chocolate, its actually good for you in moderation. I will tell you one to try. Choceur. Its from Germany. The dark is the best dark I have had. Its fabulous. As I would normally want milk chocolate like with Dove, with Choceur the dark in a red package of 6 small bars, its better.

Hi,

Just saw your post. I may have to break my chocolate ban to try Choceur. Sounds delicious, and I like dark chocolate the best ;) Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm thinking of walking away from red meat, not sure if I can.

Sure you can! I was surprised how easy it was to just not eat it anymore. Growing up, my grandfather was a butcher so we ate a lot of red meat. He would bring chopped beef, roasts, steaks, etc. over every Saturday. I was really used to it, but I stopped one day and never ate it again. Is there anything else that you like to eat (poultry, fish)? I found substituting was pretty easy.

Sure you can! I was surprised how easy it was to just not eat it anymore. Growing up, my grandfather was a butcher so we ate a lot of red meat. He would bring chopped beef, roasts, steaks, etc. over every Saturday. I was really used to it, but I stopped one day and never ate it again. Is there anything else that you like to eat (poultry, fish)? I found substituting was pretty easy.

Sounds like you grew up with great-tasting food, LJS58. I'm not sure I could completely give up red meat (or poultry and fish) either, Charles. I have cut down on it a lot, though.

No fried foods, white bread, white rice, or processed foods. I eat only chicken, whole grain bread and cereal, protein shakes, salads, eggs and brown rice during the week. On the weekends, i eat want I want...minus the stuff in the "No" food list. Alcohol only on holidays.

Well it has not been long, but I walked away from it, for now, I guess, it's been 2 weeks, I love fish, and have zero intention of walking away from fish.

Well it has not been long, but I walked away from it, for now, I guess, it's been 2 weeks, I love fish, and have zero intention of walking away from fish.

Good for you! I love fish too, and I think i that made giving up red meat easier. I'm rooting for you ;) Even if you have red meat once in a while as a treat, that's a really good change.

Scallops. Got seriously ill eating these tasteless blobs of nothing last year. Can't go near them. Same with Tequila. Even the smell of the stuff makes me ill. Same with whiskey.

Fish: Love it. Eat it at least 3 times a week, In fact last evening had Jerk Sea Bream. Rooooooots ! :suntan:

Archived