Latest EU crap...

SozoZoso

This is the latest in the line of bo****ks that EU is now banning. They're scrapping vacuum cleaners as they are "high energy" and they're planning to move onto "high powered" hair dyers, smart phones and even...wait for it...kettles.

So, if you have a dust allergy that enquirers you to use a vacuum cleaner?? Tough titty. Thanks EU you utter bunch of t**ts, it's just a pity that they won't ban politicians for using energy to spurt out crap.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11061538/EU-to-ban-high-energy-hair-dryers-smartphones-and-kettles.html

Hi SozoZoso. How's by you?

You've got to be kidding. Banning vacuum cleaners? That's messed up.

Kettles?! They'll be banned next.

J.C. Penney Pulls Tea Kettle Billboard After Outrage Over Resemblance to Hitler

hitler-kettle_2574818b.jpg

Here in the States we can barely buy toilets that flush worth a darn. If you want a good crapper for your home, smuggle on in from Canada. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-11-01/features/1998305189_1_toilets-article-quotes-bad-apple

Same reason as your vacuum cleaners.

This is the latest in the line of bo****ks that EU is now banning. They're scrapping vacuum cleaners as they are "high energy" and they're planning to move onto "high powered" hair dyers, smart phones and even...wait for it...kettles.

So, if you have a dust allergy that enquirers you to use a vacuum cleaner?? Tough titty. Thanks EU you utter bunch of t**ts, it's just a pity that they won't ban politicians for using energy to spurt out crap.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11061538/EU-to-ban-high-energy-hair-dryers-smartphones-and-kettles.html

http://home.bt.com/news/uknews/power-of-vacuum-cleaners-faces-curb-11363928246281

Carry on vacuuming.

Here in the States we can barely buy toilets that flush worth a darn. If you want a good crapper for your home, smuggle on in from Canada. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-11-01/features/1998305189_1_toilets-article-quotes-bad-apple

EU PC is PU!

Mein fuhrer, it looks like you are in hot vater again. Someone on drugs must have complained about that. Idiots.

That is what happens when individuals who should know better surrender their individual rights in the name of "the greater good", the only answer is strip government of its abilities to create and enforce such things and that is done by keeping as much of your money that you “share” with government as possible.

Take away the mustache and sweep that hair away a little bit and he looks like our very own favorite David Cameron. Guess no more tea breaks with biccies as well eh??

It makes you wonder in what goes on peoples minds while they drum up these ideas. Literally I have now officially run out of words to describe the crap that is going on todays society, I know just go errr ummm *double face palm*

I guess that we would have to invest in one of these

fullsize.jpg

I remember my granny having one of these in red and I use to stand on it while she swept up crumbs when I was little.

Yeah, and God help anyone who touches my hair dryer.

Going by what I know from the women I've been privileged to be with over the years, anyone who tries to take a woman's hair-dryer risks serious injury.

I LOL'd'd'd'd seriously.

You remain, as always, da man.

Aww shucks. You remain, as always, too kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Nx3tiBUtI

This sounds fishy to me. Why would any government want to band vacuum cleaners? They're an essential cleaning apparatus; not just for household use but for offices and other public indoor spaces.

FFS this story is being taken way out of proportion, Vacuum cleaners have not been banned. This legislation will not lead to less efficient vacuum clearners, toasters, kettles or any other electrical goods. For example this household has a more than good enough vacuum cleaner, a top of the range Dyson it's motor is 1400 watts. Dyson are one of the highest rated vacuum cleaner manufacturers, they have never made a cleaner with a motor above 1400 watts....so what is all the fuss about

FFS this story is being taken way out of proportion, Vacuum cleaners have not been banned. This legislation will not lead to less efficient vacuum clearners, toasters, kettles or any other electrical goods. For example this household has a more than good enough vacuum cleaner, a top of the range Dyson it's motor is 1400 watts. Dyson are one of the highest rated vacuum cleaner manufacturers, they have never made a cleaner with a motor above 1400 watts....so what is all the fuss about

Too much more than good enough a vacuum cleaner, it would seem. Take your power down about 35%. Now you're barely at the border of wattage to make your EU pappy happy with your household.

You're simply using up too much energy.

If you have a lawn, you'd better invest in one of these.

flintstones_lawnmower.jpg

Erika Gehrke, an expert from the independent German testers Stiftung Warentest, told BBC News that "plenty" of vacuums cleaned well whilst using less than 1600 watts. But she warned of the challenge ahead when 900 watts becomes the limit from 2017.

Prof Stewart said different appliances had varying potential for efficiency improvement. Cleaners probably had substantial potential to improve, he said.

"The same goes for hairdryers - it has been suggested that a hairdryer of half the wattage will take twice as much time to dry hair, but that's not right. You might be able to improve hair dryer efficiency by a factor of two. The key would probably be in improving the jet.

"Kettles are different: a kettle is an element in water. There is not much room for improvement - a lower powered element will just take longer to boil."

That is what happens when individuals who should know better surrender their individual rights in the name of "the greater good", the only answer is strip government of its abilities to create and enforce such things and that is done by keeping as much of your money that you “share” with government as possible.

:thumbsup: Thank you.

I could live with electric kettles that take longer to boil. However, don't mess with my vacuum cleaner. I'm allergic to various pollen and dust mites. A good HEPA certified vacuum cleaner sucks all of those allergens off my floors and furniture and deposits it into an escape-proof bag. No high-powered vacuum cleaner = runny, itchy nose and sneezing jags.

Too much more than good enough a vacuum cleaner, it would seem. Take your power down about 35%. Now you're barely at the border of wattage to make your EU pappy happy with your household.
You're simply using up too much energy...

Oh that reminds me of what Disco Duck was saying about allergens....what about hospitals? I mean the health care battling with superbugs such as MRSA and others like dustmites etc.

We in the UK already have a massive problem with that without the EU sticking their nose in and creating a whole set of new and worse problems.

• 1 year later...

Going somewhere, Mr. Cameron?

http://news.yahoo.com/cameron-says-britain-survive-outside-eu-113242378.html#

"The argument isn't whether Britain could survive outside of Europe. Of course it could," Cameron told the annual conference of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI), the country's main business lobby.

"The argument is how we could be best off," he told the group.

Archived