Jimmy appearing at public event in London [October]

Boleskine

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Freader-events%2F2014%2Fsep%2F05%2Fa-life-in-music-jimmy-page

Wednesday 15 October
Cadogan Hall, London SW1
Tickets £20/£18

In a rare live interview Jimmy Page, founder member, guitarist and producer of Led Zeppelin, will discuss his extraordinary life and career with Guardian music editor, Michael Hann. As he releases his photographic autobiography Jimmy Page – the first book by a member of Led Zeppelin – the interview will explore the life of a man both on and off stage, accompanied by a selection of personally selected photographs.

Quick explainer as to why I shared the cached link to this. Yesterday The Guardian published details of the event on its site, then quickly deleted it. Looks like they posted it way too early and scrambled to take it down. The fact that you can still click through and buy tickets means it's probably still going ahead.

Thanks for that.

Most frustrating, I almost booked my transport.

I booked a ticket myself because £20 isn't too much to waste if it all goes down the pan (and Eventbrite is good with refunds anyway).

I'd wait until next week, or whenever we hear back from Eventbrite, for booking transport etc.

There's no official word that this is going ahead yet, just a Guardian post that disappeared and a non-public Eventbrite event.

Got this email:

Thank you very much for booking to attend our event with Jimmy Page on Wednesday 15 October at Cadogan Hall.

We have taken the event page down from our website and frozen ticket sales for a few days while we make an amendment to the page, but please be assured the event is taking place and the ticket you have purchased is valid. Ticket sales will resume next week.
:yes2:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Freader-events%2F2014%2Fsep%2F05%2Fa-life-in-music-jimmy-page

Wednesday 15 October

Cadogan Hall, London SW1

Tickets £20/£18

In a rare live interview Jimmy Page, founder member, guitarist and producer of Led Zeppelin, will discuss his extraordinary life and career with Guardian music editor, Michael Hann. As he releases his photographic autobiography Jimmy Page – the first book by a member of Led Zeppelin – the interview will explore the life of a man both on and off stage, accompanied by a selection of personally selected photographs.

Wasn't this book first published two years ago? Why is Page only now doing a public event to promote it?

Wasn't this book first published two years ago? Why is Page only now doing a public event to promote it?

It was a super-expensive, limited edition release 2 years ago, most fans could not access it. It's being re-released in an updated, affordable version this fall.

It seems like the change was the addition of ticket + book. These 'personally selected photographs" does this mean photos with him or am I way off?

@ "These 'personally selected photographs" does this mean photos with him or am I way off?" This is the description used in the marketing of the book, i.e. Jimmy picked the photos of him included in the book. For those of you thinking the Ticket + Book will mean Jimmy will have signed or will sign them in situ, this is not mentioned and is unlikely given the number attended even this relatively intimate venue.

Although the RRP for this edition of the book is £40.00, amazon.co.uk are currently estimating a £26.00 price. Paying an extra £4.00 for the privilege of carting home the weighty tome on the night has less appeal me thinks.

And for those wondering:

Hall information

Cadogan Hall’s auditorium features raked stalls and full gallery seating to a maximum capacity of 953 people.

Main auditorium:

• Stalls: 561
  • Gallery: 392
  • Total: 953

Out of the above, Cadogan Hall removes:

• 10 seats from the Stalls (4 in rows M and N, 2 in row L) held for Cadogan Hall
  • 28 seats from the Gallery in Blocks A & P as last-sell sight-line seats

Given the above holds, the maximum number seats available for sale is 915.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go for the ticket plus book option, "These books will have been personally authenticated by Jimmy, with his logo, the date and city, making them exclusive to this event". What does this mean? Might "authenticated" be code for "signed"?

Jimmy won't be signing books, authenticated is code for "stamped."

I decided not to go for the "stamped" book, but over the last few days I've started to think it could become quite a desirable "curio" in its own right, as there won't be so many of them around.

I do also think it is fairer for people who invested in the original limited editions.

Cheers,

Indi

I really think Jimmy has very bad arthritis. He won't even sign books, let alone play guitar.

Someone should ask him, it would explain a lot.

Where I come from it's rude to ask someone for specifics on their physical limitations, unless they elect to bring it up. You may recall he signed quite a few books.

Edited to add: For his appearance in Tokyo next week he has agreed to shake hands with up to 200 attendees. Prolonged hand shaking is the last thing a person suffering from arthritis would agree to do!

I really think Jimmy has very bad arthritis. He won't even sign books, let alone play guitar.

Someone should ask him, it would explain a lot.

Could be, but if you had £10s millions sitting in the bank, were 70 and every day counts, would you wanna spend a few hours signing more mainstream issue books for fans? JP plundered his entire creative "being" from 1969 to 1980. Thereafter he has thankfully indulged countless months on numerous remastering projects to preserve his musical legacy. I don't think much should be expected of him on a personal level anymore.

Cheers,

Indi

Where I come from it's rude to ask someone for specifics on their physical limitations, unless they elect to bring it up. You may recall he signed quite a few books.

Edited to add: For his appearance in Tokyo next week he has agreed to shake hands with up to 200 attendees. Prolonged hand shaking is the last thing a person suffering from arthritis would agree to do!

That's incredible. Jimmy's handshake is very special; shaking 200 peoples' hand will result in him transferring a lot of energy. I know as I've shaken hands with him and it was like no other handshake (bar one), I have ever experienced; quite extraordinary. Being in my late 40s, I've shaken a lot of hands to emphasise the point!

Cheers,

Indi

Archived